GL "the real questions"

Nihion
3340 posts Member
edited March 2020
...is not the problem. And you thought this was another complaint!

To all the complainers out there, you aren’t supposed to be ready for this event. They want it to stick around and become a goal, not an instant upgrade. It’s true that money is motivation for this, as it’s been quite awhile now since something separated the P2P’s and the f2p’s.

But that’s just my opinion. Are GL’s a good idea? How many characters actually deserve this status? Is CG actually telling us everything about these characters? These are the real questions.
Post edited by Kyno on

Replies

• Ultra
    11502 posts Moderator
    Nihion wrote: »
    But that’s just my opinion. Are GL’s a good idea?How many characters actually deserve this status? Is CG actually telling us everything about these characters? These are the real questions.
    So you admit thread title is clickbait
  • My problem with him, is that I havent seen him once in shipments since the update 😵
  • Nauros
    5429 posts Member
    My problem with him, is that I havent seen him once in shipments since the update 😵

Same here, I'm starting to wonder if he's there at all. Seeing how the vets update is turning out, it wouldn't surprise me if they "forgot" to add him...
  • WookieWookie
    1460 posts Member
    edited March 2020
    I've seen him in shipments multiple times, but why would you bother paying extra crystals for him before they even drop Hero Finn? Might as well just be refreshing the node 1x per day and simming 10x per day. Works out more cheaply than buying his shards at 80 crystals per, and it's likely Finn won't release until the middle of next month per release cadence, so why spend extra to rush Poe to 7*?
  • Ultra
    11502 posts Moderator
    I've seen him in shipments multiple times, but why would you bother paying extra crystals for him before they even drop Hero Finn? Might as well just be refreshing the node 1x per day and simming 10x per day. Works out more cheaply than buying his shards at 80 crystals per, and it's likely Finn won't release until the middle of next month per release cadence, so why spend extra to rush Poe to 7*?

Finn is farmable. Poe is not
  • Sorry, I get confused which one is which in the bromance. (They had the most chemistry of anyone in the new trilogy)
  • Nihion wrote: »

To all the complainers out there, you aren’t supposed to be ready for this event. They want it to stick around and become a goal, not an instant upgrade. It’s true that money is motivation for this, as it’s been quite awhile now since something separated the P2P’s and the f2p’s.

But that’s just my opinion. Are GL’s a good idea? How many characters actually deserve this status? Is CG actually telling us everything about these characters? These are the real questions.

You are complaining yourself... How do you NOT see that?

I wish people like you would stop before posting a thread that belittles people. No matter how much you disagree or find their behavior annoying. That's all.

• My problem with him, is that I havent seen him once in shipments since the update 😵

Once I have seen him. And you bet I bought him.

I think they want us to buy the resistance pack for nearly 3000 crystals - sorry I don't need any of that stuff but Poe in that pack and it's better to buy in the shard shop for now.

I will start spending on refreshes as the launch comes near. But for now, I'm just hoping he shows up more.
  • Nihion
    3340 posts Member

I wish people like you would stop before posting a thread that belittles people. No matter how much you disagree or find their behavior annoying. That's all.

I haven’t belittled anyone. There’s a difference between presenting an argument and offending people. I simply stated what CG intends, and it’s not a complaint.
  • Nihion
    3340 posts Member
    Ultra wrote: »
    But that’s just my opinion. Are GL’s a good idea?How many characters actually deserve this status? Is CG actually telling us everything about these characters? These are the real questions.

I do.
  • Nihion
    3340 posts Member
    TheRHOMBUS wrote: »
    Ultra wrote: »

I was over on the bench.

Yeah but I was over on the bench.
  • Nihion wrote: »

I haven’t belittled anyone. There’s a difference between presenting an argument and offending people. I simply stated what CG intends, and it’s not a complaint.

You aren't CG. You have no right nor cause to speak on their behalf nor on what they intend.

• Monel
    2786 posts Member

So people that dislike something can post, but people that dislike the other person's post can not? Interesting logic.

Yes, starting a thread about other complainers in a bit silly and ironic. But this person is doing nothing different than the people you are defending. OP is simply calling out something they dislike. Just like everyone else.
  • Monel wrote: »

So people that dislike something can post, but people that dislike the other person's post can not? Interesting logic.

Yes, starting a thread about other complainers in a bit silly and ironic. But this person is doing nothing different than the people you are defending. OP is simply calling out something they dislike. Just like everyone else.

He is specifically complaining about complainers.Weather or not his complaint sides with others is irrelevant to the fact that he too is complaining.

• Monel
    2786 posts Member
    Monel wrote: »

He is specifically complaining about complainers.Weather or not his complaint sides with others is irrelevant to the fact that he too is complaining.

As I side in my post, silly and ironic, but still has every right.
  • Monel wrote: »

I would like to submit my general complaint about complainers who complain about a complainer specifically complaining about complainers while declaring the complaint is not a complaint.
    I reject your reality and substitute my own.
  • Stokat
    828 posts Member

I would like to submit my general complaint about complainers who complain about a complainer specifically complaining about complainers while declaring the complaint is not a complaint.

I came here for an argument.
    No you didn’t.
    Yes I did.

And to think that sketch was written BEFORE the internet!
  • Nihion
    3340 posts Member
    A complaint is a “statement that a situation is unsatisfactory or unacceptable.” I’m not complaining, only presenting a counter argument.
  • Nihion
    3340 posts Member

You aren't CG. You have no right nor cause to speak on their behalf nor on what they intend.

I have every right to speak on what their viewpoint could be, just as you have every right to flood this thread with attacks on me. I really don’t know why you are so mad about this. Also no one has even contested my original point, lol.
  • LordDirt
    5001 posts Member
    You can get 100 Poe Shards for 8,000 crystals.
    Why wasn't Cobb Vanth shards a reward for the Krayt Dragon raid? Why wasn't Endor Gear Luke shards a reward for the Speeder Bike raid?
  • Stokat
    828 posts Member
    Stokat wrote: »

I came here for an argument.
    No you didn’t.
    Yes I did.

And to think that sketch was written BEFORE the internet!

No it wasn’t.

Yes it was.
  • Rafini
    299 posts Member
    OP at what point did this come across as a good idea to post?
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    edited March 2020

Good idea, sure why not. For a long time this game suffered from a stagnant "rince and repeat" method of release for toons. I think it's great (but maybe a little late to the game) to see a variety of release methods.

How many, too opinion based, but a fair amount, depending on source restrictions.

Telling us everything..... they have barely told us anything about the characters themselves but there is more information to come, so in short, no not yet.
  • Gifafi
    6017 posts Member
    LordDirt wrote: »

seems way overpriced, no? compared to refreshes/attempts? I mean, you get it sooner, which is the point, but...
    Maybe End Game isn't for you
  • Foxer
    461 posts Member
    Life in these types of games get easier when you don’t look at Crystals as a way to get things but a way to buy time... that’s all your doing, unless a game has a real pay way of no access without buying access anything you “buy” you are just buying time.
  • Nauros
    5429 posts Member
    Gifafi wrote: »
    LordDirt wrote: »

seems way overpriced, no? compared to refreshes/attempts? I mean, you get it sooner, which is the point, but...

It's the same as shipments, 80 crystals per shard. Definitely more expensive than first refresh, about the same as second if you refresh energy as well.