GAC History on SWGOH.GG

Just wanting to put this out there, please allow us to either see EVERYONES GAC History or NO ONES GAC History. Having it be based on you being registered to the site is a HUGE detractor from having an account. Letting others be able to see my history but I cannot see theirs is a bit unfair...

Replies

• Options
    Anariodin wrote: »
    Just wanting to put this out there, please allow us to either see EVERYONES GAC History or NO ONES GAC History. Having it be based on you being registered to the site is a HUGE detractor from having an account. Letting others be able to see my history but I cannot see theirs is a bit unfair...

It is extremely unfair. But apparently there the terrible quality control disease has infected GG. They apparently don't care. Won't answer on Reddit. And don't listen to anyone coming in with the "oh hardly anyone doesn't have a GG account so quit crying" trope because as of now in P2 only 40% of my opponents have had an account.

It's only a matter of time before people figure it out and I'm doing my best to create enough awareness that this will eventually affect everyone (people don't care until it happens to them) and then maybe something will get done.
  • Options
    GIJippo wrote: »

It is extremely unfair. But apparently there the terrible quality control disease has infected GG. They apparently don't care. Won't answer on Reddit. And don't listen to anyone coming in with the "oh hardly anyone doesn't have a GG account so quit crying" trope because as of now in P2 only 40% of my opponents have had an account.

It's only a matter of time before people figure it out and I'm doing my best to create enough awareness that this will eventually affect everyone (people don't care until it happens to them) and then maybe something will get done.

GG has little incentive to change it unless this causes some sort of mass exodus and their ad revenue plunges and I honestly don't see that happening.
    https://swgoh.gg/p/319514721/
    DISCLAIMER: Post is subject to change.
  • Options
    ZAP wrote: »
    ImaSmakya wrote: »

GG has little incentive to change it unless this causes some sort of mass exodus and their ad revenue plunges and I honestly don't see that happening.

I find their ad UI on my phone annoying. The ads jump around and do weird stuff lol

Ya, it's not just on phones.

989mbv5ltof3.bmp
  • Options
    Has nobody heard of adblocker?
    Looking for a new guild? Come check out the Underworld Alliance on Discord:https://discord.gg/wvrYb4Q
  • littleMAC77
    2397 posts Member
    edited March 2020
    Options
    In my experience yes, i dont see the page of ads on any of my browsers with an adblock enabled.
    Looking for a new guild? Come check out the Underworld Alliance on Discord:https://discord.gg/wvrYb4Q
  • Options
    Has nobody heard of adblocker?

I do use adblocker. This was just a screenshot I took a few months ago after disabling it when I read about other people complaining about the ads on gg. In that same thread gg did state they were trying to improve the situation.
  • Options

False. The fact that they just created an incentive to not be connected to GG is, precisely, an incentive to fix this major, major gaff.
  • Options

False. The fact that they just created an incentive to not be connected to GG is, precisely, an incentive to fix this major, major gaff.

I have no idea what gg's run rate is for new members or members deleting their accounts, but I'm sure if they saw a drastic change they would try to identify the reason for it. If that reason turned out to be gac history availability, then yes they might change it. Outside of that, I don't see they have a reason to change it unless of course CG tells them to change it.
  • Options

I have no idea what gg's run rate is for new members or members deleting their accounts, but I'm sure if they saw a drastic change they would try to identify the reason for it. If that reason turned out to be gac history availability, then yes they might change it. Outside of that, I don't see they have a reason to change it unless of course CG tells them to change it.

Well, fortunately for them deleting your account doesn't delete your GAC history so they made it make no difference if you delete your account or not. The only difference is you lose access to the tools, but still boof'd on GAC.
  • ImaSmakya
    1068 posts Member
    Options
    Well looks like someone deleted the other thread where we were discussing GAC history.

I understand the battle data is available to 3rd parties, like HotBot.

However, even Hotsause admits to only providing battle history between players that battled each other and does not feel comfortable offering all past battle history on a players opponent.

So again, as far as I understand, .gg has been exclusively granted the right to make this data available and CG has not granted this right to any other 3rd party.

If Hotsauce were to provide this data to his customers, would CG allow it or ask him to remove it?

Just seems to me at best that’s a misleading statement by .gg and they do have exclusivity on providing that data.

Not sure, but that thread with hotsauce is from back in September, so a lot may have changed since then as I do believe he said he wanted to provide the same functionality as gg currently provides.
  • Options

Plus the number of players who aren't registered on GG who are looking up their opponents on GG most likely outweighs the number of people who deleted their gg account...

Also people who deleted their GG account will still go to GG to scout their opponents so overall is a win for GG even if they change nothing.

gg traffic has increased even if #number of registered players has gone down.
  • Options

I find their ad UI on my phone annoying. The ads jump around and do weird stuff lol

Yeah, I actually think they intentually slow-time the loading of ads so you misclick onto them.
  • Options

Plus the number of players who aren't registered on GG who are looking up their opponents on GG most likely outweighs the number of people who deleted their gg account...

Also people who deleted their GG account will still go to GG to scout their opponents so overall is a win for GG even if they change nothing.

if someone wants to go through that trouble to beat me, more power to them.
  • Options

if someone wants to go through that trouble to beat me, more power to them.

All the trouble of a 3 second google search....

Uh ok.

I beleive most people think a google search isnt much trouble to go through to see what their opponent has set on defense in the past vs others...maybe I'm wrong and it's a huge ordeal to type 3 words into Google.