Player removal during TW setup changes active GP

2Next

Replies

• ImaSmakya
    1068 posts Member
    edited March 2020
    Rootdev wrote: »
    I think this question has gone way off kilter. There is no difference in a player leaving or being kicked. Either way I don’t see any valid reason for their squads to remain in the TW. The question was what would happen if we drop an active GP bracket as a result. I don’t expect we’d be playing for different rewards, I was more concerned whether we’d invalidate the match and cancel the TW.

If I was the other guild and the TW was canceled because a member from your guild left, I would expect to get the gear awarded for a win, why should my guild be punished for something like that. For that reason alone CG would likely never cancel a TW for something so silly.
    https://swgoh.gg/p/319514721/
    DISCLAIMER: Post is subject to change.
  • If anybody cares to answer my actual question (devs?) that would be hugely appreciated! Regardless of what anyone has said here, we have kicked a player during TW setup phase and their squads were removed. It happened and I’m not here to debate it.
  • Rootdev wrote: »
    And I don’t understand why you all think if a player leaves the guild, whether forced or voluntarily, that their teams should remain in in the TW. Why does that make sense if they’re no longer a member of the guild? But don’t answer that, that’s not what I want to know right now! 😂
    Hang on a minute...

I told you further up that when we removed someone from guild their team remained in our defences. You appear to have dismissed this, and everything you’ve posted since makes me doubt that you “categorically” or otherwise actually know what happens.

2 reasons the teams should remain:

- the player can’t join another TW, so they have no use for the team(s)
    - What if 5 guild members set their defences then decide they all want to leave 2 minutes before attack phase? You seem to think it’s completely fine that the remaining guild members are left with massive holes in their defence that they don’t have time to fill?

I don’t know the answer to the question about the active GP figure and the rewards tier. My instinct says that when they lock at the start of setup phase they do not change no matter what happens.

I still doubt your version of events that teams are removed from defences. I have never ever seen a banner count go down. Only up. And the time we removed a player the teams definitely remained on defence. I remember that particularly because of the irony that one of the guys team actually took the enemy 3 attempts to clear.
    If anybody cares to answer my actual question (devs?) that would be hugely appreciated! Regardless of what anyone has said here, we have kicked a player during TW setup phase and their squads were removed. It happened and I’m not here to debate it.

I answered the question. I also didn't debate with you, simply asked you to prove yourself wrong.
  • ImaSmakya wrote: »
    If I was the other guild and the TW was canceled because a member from your guild left, I would expect to get the gear awarded for a win, why should my guild be punished for something like that. For that reason alone CG would likely never cancel a TW for something so silly.

Precisely my point. I just wanted to know what would happen in this circumstance. It seems daft that anyone would be penalised as a result of it, I just wanted confirmation.
  • TVF
    36489 posts Member
    This thread is weird.
    I need a new message here. https://discord.gg/AmStGTH
  • Hang on a minute...

I told you further up that when we removed someone from guild their team remained in our defences. You appear to have dismissed this, and everything you’ve posted since makes me doubt that you “categorically” or otherwise actually know what happens.

2 reasons the teams should remain:

- the player can’t join another TW, so they have no use for the team(s)
    - What if 5 guild members set their defences then decide they all want to leave 2 minutes before attack phase? You seem to think it’s completely fine that the remaining guild members are left with massive holes in their defence that they don’t have time to fill?

It happened. We were there, we did it and and we witnessed it. And surely if you have 5 guild members set defences then leave that's just bad luck. Why should the remaining guild members be shielded from that? The game doesn't owe them anything and if their guild discipline is that bad then they'll have to learn from it and move on!
  • TVF wrote: »
    This thread is weird.

Someone asked a question, ignored the answer and outright refused to consider the possibility that they might be wrong about something.

Sounds like business as usual to me.
  • TVF wrote: »
    This thread is weird.

Someone asked a question, ignored the answer and outright refused to consider the possibility that they might be wrong about something.

Nobody actually answered my question, they all just answered a question I didn't ask!
  • ZAP wrote: »

Pics or it didn’t happen

Hahaha, if I'd known it was going to cause this much controversy I'd have taken pictures. But since this isn't even what I was asking about I'm not sure it would help! But for the record: It happened :p
  • ImaSmakya
    1068 posts Member
    edited March 2020
    This is what it looks like after you kick someone out of a guild for setting questionable defensive squads. The teams don't disappear, the name associated with them just changes, but they remain in the TW.

o48cqou63d1j.png
    https://swgoh.gg/p/319514721/
    DISCLAIMER: Post is subject to change.
  • Ok, when is that picture from, and was that during setup or attack? We have definitely kicked a player during TW setup phase and their squads were removed. But regardless, that still isn't what I was asking!

• I answered the question. I also didn't debate with you, simply asked you to prove yourself wrong.

Apologies, I didn’t see your reply as an answer to my original question. If we remove this player during this setup phase I’ll definitely document it, but we’ve done it before and their teams most definitely did not remain. I categorically can’t prove this after the fact but it definitely happened. I’m surprised this is such a topic of debate, particularly since it’s not what I was even asking about in the first place.

• Waqui
    8802 posts Member
    Rootdev wrote: »
    TVF wrote: »
    This thread is weird.

Nobody actually answered my question, they all just answered a question I didn't ask!

It was already answered:

After player lock nothing changes when a guild member leaves the guild - neither active GP nor teams set on defense.
  • Going to go out on a limb with a theory here...

https://swgoh.gg/g/67084/bantha-wranglers/

OP is in a guild very much at the start of their Swgoh journey. Just a hunch, but I reckon they have more than a handful of “Mol Eliza” etc members, and that it might not be instantly obvious if they kicked one during a TW that their teams are still there.

@Rootdev the reason your topic has become such a hot one is you’re reporting something that many others have not experienced, in fact they’ve experienced exactly the opposite. Posts like that will always attract traffic. There was a post earlier in the week insisting Stun Guns used to be in the guild store which generated a similar response.
  • We only have one mol Eliza and it wasn’t them. As I said: we kicked a player and their squads were removed. And as far as I’m aware, if that is true, no one has answered my question about what would happen if we drop out of the active GP bracket. Though that’s probably because no one thinks it’s possible! 😬
    We only have one mol Eliza and it wasn’t them. As I said: we kicked a player and their squads were removed. And as far as I’m aware, if that is true, no one has answered my question about what would happen if we drop out of the active GP bracket. Though that’s probably because no one thinks it’s possible! 😬
    There are several generic names, like Thraken, Mugami Chinzano, etc, Mol Eliza is not the only one.

As @Waqui has said, the reason we doubt this is because everyone else has observed the opposite of what you say - me included.

I even dug out the Discord chat about it. Here’s the history:

- at a time of desperation, our guild accepted a 3 man group who wanted to join a guild together. 2 of them had decent rosters a little behind our guys, 1 of them was miles behind and looked casual.
    - In the TB straight after the arrived, the weakest of them ignored instructions, missed whole phases and just generally made a mess of things. We kept him on for fear of losing the other 2
    - First TW after that, during setup phase, the weak member went nuts on discord. Starting swearing at and insulting officers who had tagged him for placing a rubbish defence team (g8/9 no zeta scoundrel team, with 2 unmodded toons)
    - I booted him from discord server and game immediately
    - During attack phase, there was great hilarity that his g8/9 no zeta scoundrel team actually got 2 holds on defence.

Now, there are many things broken in this game, but I don’t believe for one second that the TW setup phase will behave differently for different guilds when a member leaves or is removed. So I can only conclude that you are mistaken.
  • Ok, for the sake of science, I booted them. Turns out I was wrong and their squads have remained, and reverted to Mol Eliza! However, we have previously kicked a player and it removed their squads. Obviously I can’t provide evidence of that so you only have my word for it but it happened. Maybe it was a glitch in the matrix?

And I don’t think it makes me look ignorant to point out that no one had answered my original question, as based on my previous experience it turns out that what I was asking wasn’t possible but I was throwing doubt on that!

Thanks everyone!

😁
This discussion has been closed.