GL Kit Reveal Please

Prev1
Could we please a get Galactic Legends Kit Reveal Sometime soon? Like Monday or Tuesday, next week. It feels like we have been waiting for forever. I just want to know what kind of Kit you have in mind for the characters you are asking to invest so much time or money into.

Replies

• Ultra
    11491 posts Moderator
    Kit reveals are usually within 2 days of the event launching

I would set my expectations for the Kit Reveal to happen on the 24th or 25th of March
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    Ultra wrote: »

I would set my expectations for the Kit Reveal to happen on the 24th or 25th of March

Sounds reasonable.

We should all keep in mind that with all the things going on all around the world it is possible things get a little derailed.
  • Gifafi
    6017 posts Member
    Shaddes wrote: »
    Kyno wrote: »

Sounds reasonable.

We should all keep in mind that with all the things going on all around the world it is possible things get a little derailed.

That’s bad business and Not acceptable due to how much money people have Already invested into it. Many other businesses Like this (such as the one I work with) are still getting their work done regardless of outside issues. If they learned how to communicate we wouldn’t have these issues.

oh, you would be satisfied if CG said "with all the things going on all around the world it is possible things get a little derailed"?
    Maybe End Game isn't for you
  • Nihion
    3340 posts Member

Sounds reasonable.

That’s bad business and Not acceptable due to how much money people have Already invested into it. Many other businesses Like this (such as the one I work with) are still getting their work done regardless of outside issues. If they learned how to communicate we wouldn’t have these issues.

That’s not bad business, that’s the coronavirus.
  • TVF
    36577 posts Member
    edited March 2020
    "It is possible things get a little derailed."

I need a new message here. https://discord.gg/AmStGTH
  • YaeVizsla
    3448 posts Member
    You do not like it.

That's not the same as being bad business.

If you do not want to spend sight unseen, that is fine. Do not spend sight unseen. But the cost of waiting is waiting. You are not entitled to information sooner because you do not want to deal with the consequences of waiting.

More importantly, good business is more than profit or customer satisfaction. Part of good business is ethics. Public health and safety and the health and safety of employees superseded uninterrupted production. COVID-19 is a world health concern. The NBA is suspending the season, major conventions and gatherings are being canceled, universities are standing down on-site classes and going electronic. COVID-19 is impacting production in many industries because they are prioritizing the safety of their employees as well as public health and safety (or at least not being subject to liability lawsuits for inaction) over production, in accordance with ethical business practices.

California is in mitigation mode right now. COVID-19 has reached Sacramento where CG is headquartered. If a global pandemic slows down production on Space Wizard Action Figure Mashup VII, then so be it. That is NOT a big deal. And communication would not fix this.
    Still not a he.
  • Nihion
    3340 posts Member
    Nihion wrote: »

Sounds reasonable.

That’s not bad business, that’s the coronavirus.

They’re a private business in a private building. They’re not running a restaurant, organizing an event etc... They can do their work, as I said, like the place I work with and get their product out in time.

You don’t know their situation, and neither do I. If the coronavirus affects them, then it affects them. I don’t think it’s up to you whether or not it’s warranted.
  • I think there's a lot of us very interested in seeing the kit and starting this event but it'll take as long as it takes. If you're already set on the requirements start hoarding gear and relic mats for when you unlock
  • Monomer
    139 posts Member
    YaeVizsla wrote: »

COVID-19 is impacting production in many industries because they are prioritizing the safety of their employees as well as public health and safety (or at least not being subject to liability lawsuits for inaction) over production, in accordance with ethical business practices.

California is in mitigation mode right now. COVID-19 has reached Sacramento where CG is headquartered. If a global pandemic slows down production on Space Wizard Action Figure Mashup VII, then so be it. That is NOT a big deal. And communication would not fix this.

What production exactly? CG isn’t a factory. They ‘produce’ art and code, both of which can be done from home over vpn. Blaming covid is a pretty poor excuse for a lack of communication in their business, especially considering poor communication isn’t exactly a new issue.
  • And can everything they post stop friggin being about Rey? I want to see Kylo.

• YaeVizsla
    3448 posts Member
    Monomer wrote: »
    What production exactly? CG isn’t a factory. They ‘produce’ art and code, both of which can be done from home over vpn. Blaming covid is a pretty poor excuse for a lack of communication in their business, especially considering poor communication isn’t exactly a new issue.
    Galaxy of Heroes and all its content is a product. It is produced. Development on it is production.

Transitioning from an office environment to remote work is a process, and would naturally disrupt production.

COVID-19 is not being used as an excuse. It was fielded as a possibility.

Just because you want more does not mean communication is bad, nor does it mean you are entitled to more. It just means you want more. The information they've given on the GLs and their requirements have been extensive, clear, and well in advance. We won't have all the details until it's live, but we'll never have all the details until it's live. That is not the same as poor communication.
    Still not a he.
  • Jarvind
    3925 posts Member
    Whenever I see these threads, I imagine a dev going "Well, we had our kit reveal scheduled for a specific date, but this one random guy asked for it now so let's just throw that out the window"
    u58t4vkrvnrz.png

• SemiGod
    3001 posts Member
    TheRHOMBUS wrote: »
    MaulVI wrote: »
    And can everything they post stop friggin being about Rey? I want to see Kylo.

Thread is back on track.

I’m nervous they actually forgot Kylo.

Rey will be stronger than kylo

I mean rebels beat empire

DR overtook JKR

GR beat separatists

And lastly, Resistance beat FO
  • SemiGod
    3001 posts Member
    As long as their office doesn’t run out of toilet paper we will be fine.
  • Cut them some slack. Employee safety and well-being comes first. They need to disinfect that one laptop between each use which undoubtedly slows production.
  • Monel
    2784 posts Member
    edited March 2020
    Again with all the scientists in here it's a wonder there isn't a cure yet.
  • Monel
    2784 posts Member
    On topic, I have to admit I am still a bit bummed we dont have a Ben Solo.
  • Monel
    2784 posts Member
    SemiGod wrote: »

Thread is back on track.

DR overtook JKR

GR beat separatists

I’d be Shocked if FO became actually useful.

Beats Phoenix and R1!
  • YaeVizsla
    3448 posts Member
    I’d be Shocked if FO became actually useful.
    FO is already useful in most game modes.
    Still not a he.
  • Don't forget that anyone at CG who is a parent probably has to stay home for at least the next 2 weeks as schools are closing.
  • TVF
    36577 posts Member
    Don't forget that anyone at CG who is a parent probably has to stay home for at least the next 2 weeks as schools are closing.

Don't care, this is all about us!
    I need a new message here. https://discord.gg/AmStGTH
  • Gifafi
    6017 posts Member
    SemiGod wrote: »

Thread is back on track.

DR overtook JKR

GR beat separatists

adding the DR>JKR was a nice touch imo lol
    Maybe End Game isn't for you
  • Monel
    2784 posts Member
    TVF wrote: »
    Don't forget that anyone at CG who is a parent probably has to stay home for at least the next 2 weeks as schools are closing.

Don't care, this is all about us!

I know you are being sarcastic, but... when you say us what you really mean is me.

Thanks, I am a me it's nice to know you care!
  • Monel
    2784 posts Member
    edited March 2020
    19lhpctjvf8v.jpg
    YaeVizsla wrote: »
    Monomer wrote: »
    Galaxy of Heroes and all its content is a product. It is produced. Development on it is production.

Transitioning from an office environment to remote work is a process, and would naturally disrupt production.

COVID-19 is not being used as an excuse. It was fielded as a possibility.

Just because you want more does not mean communication is bad, nor does it mean you are entitled to more. It just means you want more. The information they've given on the GLs and their requirements have been extensive, clear, and well in advance. We won't have all the details until it's live, but we'll never have all the details until it's live. That is not the same as poor communication.