Finalizer bonus tier harder now?

Could beat it easily on original event, now I don't even get close to it. Any silent buff/nerf?

Replies

• JacenRoe
    3016 posts Member
    It was a 5 hour horror show before I beat it the first time. Same this time. Maybe you just got incredible RNG on the first round.
  • Man! I beat it originally the first time around, before even leveling up Hux. I've put resources into ship and crew, and now I can't even down a single opponent. Any suggestions toward kill order, or overall strategy?
    Make Bronzium autoplay opening an option.
  • I won with HT Kylo shuttle, Slicer in front and RI with Vader and Xanadu Blood. Actually got two stars this time.
  • NicWester
    8928 posts Member
    I got it the first time last time, got it the third or fourth time this time. I think I just got lucky on the first go-around and that a couple tries is the norm.

The key bit seems to be getting Breach up. It didn't stick the first few tries, then on the successful try it landed and was pretty easy. Command Shuttle would use its ability to drain Tooth's TM so that it never took a turn and Taunt stayed up the whole time. My gear is straight trash, so I know I should be having a tougher time. But that seems to be what works.
    Ceterum censeo Patientia esse meliat.
  • Saada
    664 posts Member
    I got through with very little difficulty and no upgrades on any abilities besides the first three on hux. So I say get your ships and crew up to scratch
  • Vendi1983
    5023 posts Member
    Silencer, KRCS, HT. Opening try to stun Anakin. Then ability block Y Wing with KRCS. Hunted on Anakin because he'll likely go into stealth when he triggers the buff from Negotiator. But Hunted remains. Keep passing turns to Silencer and calling it with Finalizer. His basic was 250k by the end of the battle.
  • Saada
    664 posts Member
    4xmmkfzl3pwn.png

• Saada
    664 posts Member
    8g7114nszvxn.png
  • flux_rono
    2119 posts Member
    to me it was easier. first time i struggled for like an hour and finally got a strategy down, this time i did it first try with less deaths in my lineup
  • HT, silencer, XB.

Stun JKA, stack breached and keep the focus on HT. Kill JKA ASAP
  • Gifafi
    6017 posts Member
    I guess they buffed it for some and nerfed it for others. lol this thread
    Maybe End Game isn't for you
  • Vendi1983
    5023 posts Member
    Not enough to do during quarantine? Attempt Finalizer bonus all day. Problem solved.
  • Gifafi wrote: »
    I guess they buffed it for some and nerfed it for others. lol this thread

Aka RNGesus... lol.
  • Rafini
    299 posts Member
    Start with HT and both kylo, bring in slave 1 and the other bh ship. for me it worked first try. have to back out if you don’t stun y wing off the top tho because you need to put hunted on anakins ship
  • Nah, exact same as it was before, lol
  • TVF
    36577 posts Member
    edited March 2020
    NikoSWGoH wrote: »
    They probably changed something but still doable.

They almost certainly didn't.
    I need a new message here. https://discord.gg/AmStGTH
  • LordDirt
    4984 posts Member
    Why wasn't Cobb Vanth shards a reward for the Krayt Dragon raid? Why wasn't Endor Gear Luke shards a reward for the Speeder Bike raid?
  • ShaggyB
    2390 posts Member
    Could beat it easily on original event, now I don't even get close to it. Any silent buff/nerf?

No. Sometimes its a cake walk.... sometimes its not.

I can auto it 80% of the time originally.... this time i walked over it.
  • Doneeta
    157 posts Member
    LordDirt wrote: »

Does your FO need to be all g13 to get through this event?
    It seems unnecessarily hard for something that will take f2p 12 months to farm to 7*.
  • Vendi1983
    5023 posts Member
    Only G13 I have are zzKRU and OG zKylo. Bossk is G12+0, lead Zeta only.
  • SemiGod
    3001 posts Member
    I just can’t beat it with g12/g11 pilots any advice?
  • i tried several times & failed, then reading through the finalizer abilities it showed bonuses for FO, so i placed all FO ships i have in first row and pressed auto (i was at work), next time i looked at it the event was completed B)
    No idea if it was only RNG or the move to use FO ships, but somehow i managed to complete the bonus stage.
    Swiss Garde Officer, drop me a message if you're interested joining
  • TVF
    36577 posts Member
    edited March 2020
    Doneeta wrote: »

It seems unnecessarily hard for something that will take f2p 12 months to farm to 7*.

I did it with zero G13. Wasn't easy by any stretch, needed about 30 tries to get good RNG. HT (G12) KRU (G12) KRCS (all G8) to start, XB (G11) FOTP (G12) in reserve. Hux is G7.
    I need a new message here. https://discord.gg/AmStGTH
  • NicWester
    8928 posts Member
    Doneeta wrote: »

My Kykos Ren are both g11, the rest of my FO are lower than that. I did it.

I would say that if you're at my gear level, don't start 3 First Order and bring in Tooth. Start Silencer, Shuttle, and Tooth, then bring in other FO. You also need to get Breach up so that Tooth's taunt doesn't drop. Use Shuttle's first special to give Silencer a turn, use its second on Tooth so it takes few turns and keeps taunt and protection up longer. I prefer Xanadu Blood as my first reinforcement because you can use it to call Silencer to assist as well as spreading Breach.

If I could deal more damage I would go for Anakin first, but I can't kill him before taunts come up so I just hammer away at the Y-Wing. IFFFFFFFF Undying Loyalty fades off Anakin and there isn't a taunt to stop me, I'll burn him down. Otherwise just chip, chip, chip away.
  • EdSolo
    411 posts Member
    It seems pretty touch and go, especially since I only have Hux at g9. I also use the HT, Kylo Shuttle, and Silencer starting three with Vader and I think maybe Fett as backups. It generally takes several attempts to get the right RNG at this point. I am hoping a higher geared Hux or a 6* on the ship makes it easier in the future.
  • NicWester
    8928 posts Member
    EdSolo wrote: »
    It seems pretty touch and go, especially since I only have Hux at g9. I also use the HT, Kylo Shuttle, and Silencer starting three with Vader and I think maybe Fett as backups. It generally takes several attempts to get the right RNG at this point. I am hoping a higher geared Hux or a 6* on the ship makes it easier in the future.

How's your Blood and FOTIE? Those are my reinforcements and I'm managing a little more consistently.
  • DaarthBrewer
    1960 posts Member
    edited April 2020
    My win came with HT & FO out front and bringing Xanadu Blood off the bench, breach coupled with hunted makes for some damage and downed ships.

ETA, stun Ywing with Slicers' basic, then focus down Consular.
    Post edited by DaarthBrewer on
  • Rath_Tarr
    4944 posts Member
    edited March 2020
    3 wins (and a lot of failed attempts) with g9/lvl 1 Finalizer g13 HT, g12 Slicer, g8/9 KRCS starting and g11 FOTF, g12 Squish 1 reinforcing. (Squish ironically for its taunt! :D )

Ramping up Slicer's damage was the key. Surviving long enough is the trick.

Very RNG dependent at this level.
    Post edited by Rath_Tarr on