Kit Reveal: Rey

Replies

• What about Savage? Is Overpower considered a "destroy" ability?

Also, isn't it time that Massive Damage starts to scale? I thought that was supposed to be revisited and adjusted. IPD is lame now...
    ...also phaserbrain on YouTube and Twitch, but phaser_brain on reddit; 612-693-174
  • Aliea
    63 posts Member
    No synergy with BB8?
  • How is this supposed to be fun to face? The power creep in this game is ruining it.
  • Not to worry, Padme will destroy her day 1. 😂
    SnakesOnAPlane
  • khdelboy
    754 posts Member
    edited March 2020
    She is NOT a Jedi until the final scene of the movie. She's still in training, under the guidance of Leia.

Remember how Yoda scoffed at Luke when he said he's a Jedi in Return of the Jedi. "Not yet. Face Vader. Then you will be a Jedi!" Somehow facing and defeating a powerful Dark Side Sith completes the training grants you the title of Jedi, which Luke/Rey did at the end of the movie(s) (although you have wonder how the Republic era Jedis ever get the Jedi rank, considering that the Sith at the time was supposedly to be extinct.)

We probably will get Rey Skywalker with a Jedi tag one day.
  • UdalCuain
    4991 posts Member
    CG_SBCrumb wrote: »
    Rey's Special 2 cannot be used until an ally drops below the 60% Health threshold which means you usually can't use it right away. This trigger must be met for the first use so it essentially starts on "cooldown". I've update the kit reveal with this:

NOTE: A Light Side ally needs to dropped below 60% Health in order to use this ability for the first time

Thanks for clarifying this.
  • Is there a clarification on "Unlocked with purchase"?

Once you’ve fully completed their Galactic Legend event you’ll have enough of the new resource to unlock/purchase their ultimate ability.

ymmw5u4854mc.jpeg

• LordDirt
    4916 posts Member
    khdelboy wrote: »
    She is NOT a Jedi until the final scene of the movie. She's still in training, under the guidance of Leia.

Remember how Yoda scoffed at Luke when he said he's a Jedi in Return of the Jedi. "Not yet. Face Vader. Then you will be a Jedi!" Somehow facing and defeating a powerful Dark Side Sith completes the training grants you the title of Jedi, which Luke/Rey did at the end of the movie(s) (although you have wonder how the Republic era Jedis ever get the Jedi rank, considering that the Sith at the time was supposedly to be extinct.)

She is a Jedi in Episode 8 & 9.

Luke even calls her the last Jedi in 8. Leia trains her between 8 and 9. She is a Jedi.

Why wasn't Cobb Vanth shards a reward for the Krayt Dragon raid? Why wasn't Endor Gear Luke shards a reward for the Speeder Bike raid?
  • Ultra
    11423 posts Moderator
    edited March 2020
    I wonder how effective Rey will be with 501st after Fives does his sacrifice after stacking his mastery in the Sith Raid. Every time you damage Sion, he gains +5% bonus turn meter, which will give the 501st +5% mastery so Fives will be supercharged when he goes down
  • Therion
    81 posts Member
    edited March 2020
    Ultra wrote: »
    I wonder how effective Rey will be with 501st after Fives does his sacrifice after stacking his mastery in the Sith Raid. Every time you damage Sion, he gains +5% bonus turn meter, which will give the 501st +5% mastery so Fives will be supercharged when he goes down

Unfortunately the only supercharged stat he will be passing is max protection, which only goes up by about 500 per 5% mastery.

Supercharging the clones in general will be pretty powerful, but it will take a lot to overcome the loss of Shaak-Ti's lead.
  • Ultra wrote: »

For other sith raid applications since DN does straight health damage you should be able to get the 60% health special to proc pretty often for 300k hits every turn to go with maybe og fins 500k hits? I think it's a legitimate possibility that rey could solo the sith raid
  • This also screwed Rex's aerial advantage. This might mess up GAS.

Actually i use Padme to climb in arena and my GK survived few times Rex ´s annihilate
  • TC_CrunchyCookie123
    53 posts Member
    edited March 2020
    Rey's Special 2 cannot be used until an ally drops below the 60% Health threshold which means you usually can't use it right away. This trigger must be met for the first use so it essentially starts on "cooldown". I've update the kit reveal with this:

NOTE: A Light Side ally needs to dropped below 60% Health in order to use this ability for the first time

Are you kidding me? It hasn't even been 24 hours since the kit reveal and you are already changing/nerfing her? Ridiculous CG, just ridiculous. (by the way- might want to check the grammar before publishing - " needs to dropped")

Also, can you please clarify this more? Does an ally have to be below 60% health when Rey's turn comes around? For example, if the enemy drops a unit below 60% but then that unit is healed back up before Rey's next turn is the ability still locked out?
  • TVF
    36489 posts Member

Are you kidding me? It hasn't even been 24 hours since the kit reveal and you are already changing/nerfing her? Ridiculous CG, just ridiculous.

So you think they changed the kit already, versus clarifying poorly written text in the kit?

Ok.
    I need a new message here. https://discord.gg/AmStGTH
  • with her ultimate ability, it says she can't be defeated, but that doesn't mean she can't be brought down to 1hp. The protection for all other allies is really nice, but its a useless ability unless the other allies are still alive because she can't do anything in that stance and will just get beat up. If i'm going against her, if she goes into that stance, i'd just beat up on her until she's almost dead and then as soon as she's out of it she dies very easily. Kylo's ultimate makes it so he can't be defeated AND can't take damage. much better than just merely not being able to be defeated IMO
  • against the new SL Kylo, that 3x massive damage is going to be like throwing a tooth pick at him. hardly any damage at all since he takes greatly reduced dmg from massive damage attacks. Kylo is going to crush Malak also because Malak can't do any damage to him with his Drain Life
  • TVF
    36489 posts Member
    obikenobi1 wrote: »
    with her ultimate ability, it says she can't be defeated, but that doesn't mean she can't be brought down to 1hp. The protection for all other allies is really nice, but its a useless ability unless the other allies are still alive because she can't do anything in that stance and will just get beat up. If i'm going against her, if she goes into that stance, i'd just beat up on her until she's almost dead and then as soon as she's out of it she dies very easily. Kylo's ultimate makes it so he can't be defeated AND can't take damage. much better than just merely not being able to be defeated IMO

It doesn't say "all other allies damage is reduced to 1" so unless it's written poorly, it means you can't damage her either.
    I need a new message here. https://discord.gg/AmStGTH
  • in a 1 v 1 against Kylo, Kylo wins. He has a 2 turn stun that can't be cleansed and his damage ramps up as the battles goes on. Rey can't do much at all when she's stunned......can't even have the stun cleansed since Kylo's ability says that the stun can't be copied, dispelled, or resisted. On a 5v5 matchup, if you have have KRU and SLKR, you have 2 characters with a 2 turn stun that can't be resisted. 2 Turn stuns are very good! I could see SL Kylo being used with DR and Palpatine to combo the use of clearing away Tenacity up (SL Kylo's stun move clears all buffs and then inflicts stun), Revan goes and inflicts Shock on everyone and then Palpatine does force lighting, stunning everyone for 2 turns. Brutal!
  • Akenno
    538 posts Member
    in a 1 v 1 against Kylo, Kylo wins. He has a 2 turn stun that can't be cleansed and his damage ramps up as the battles goes on. Rey can't do much at all when she's stunned......can't even have the stun cleansed since Kylo's ability says that the stun can't be copied, dispelled, or resisted. On a 5v5 matchup, if you have have KRU and SLKR, you have 2 characters with a 2 turn stun that can't be resisted. 2 Turn stuns are very good! I could see SL Kylo being used with DR and Palpatine to combo the use of clearing away Tenacity up (SL Kylo's stun move clears all buffs and then inflicts stun), Revan goes and inflicts Shock on everyone and then Palpatine does force lighting, stunning everyone for 2 turns. Brutal!

Rey is immune to stun.
  • Ultra
    11423 posts Moderator
    in a 1 v 1 against Kylo, Kylo wins. He has a 2 turn stun that can't be cleansed and his damage ramps up as the battles goes on. Rey can't do much at all when she's stunned......can't even have the stun cleansed since Kylo's ability says that the stun can't be copied, dispelled, or resisted. On a 5v5 matchup, if you have have KRU and SLKR, you have 2 characters with a 2 turn stun that can't be resisted. 2 Turn stuns are very good! I could see SL Kylo being used with DR and Palpatine to combo the use of clearing away Tenacity up (SL Kylo's stun move clears all buffs and then inflicts stun), Revan goes and inflicts Shock on everyone and then Palpatine does force lighting, stunning everyone for 2 turns. Brutal!
    No doubt Kylo will hit hard and overwhelm her in 1v1

Kylo is a solid toon for Raids and Squad Arena, Rey is great for Raids, TB, Grand Arena and Squad Arena

In Arena, winning isn’t as important as much as holding on defense and that remains to be seen.

The tougher part is building a squad around Rey, as the most optimal arena team might require LS toons that aren’t resistance (more gearing) while Kylo works well with FO and other DS toons that would work well with him have been meta at some point so many players don’t have to invest too much gear in building a squad around him
  • Jarvind
    3918 posts Member
    What about Savage? Is Overpower considered a "destroy" ability?

Also, isn't it time that Massive Damage starts to scale? I thought that was supposed to be revisited and adjusted. IPD is lame now...

Overpower is "massive damage." I think Annihilate is the only ability that "destroys" its target.
    u58t4vkrvnrz.png

• JuliusSkywalker
    509 posts Member
    edited March 2020
    Wow... Cooldown are 0s.
    No Jedi tag? Then it would be a Sidi (SithJedi) tag or maybe a Jeth (JediSith) tag for her new religious order / cult after IX.
  • Akenno
    538 posts Member
    Wow... Cooldown are 0s.
    No Jedi tag? Then it would be a Sidi (SithJedi) tag or maybe a Jeth (JediSith) tag for her new religious order / cult after IX.

So basically grey?
  • khdelboy wrote: »

A Jedi’s path is to confront all of their fears and remain in balance. Once Luke stands death ground he put down his weapon (stupidly) and self-proclaims it. I don’t remember Rey doing that.
  • khdelboy wrote: »

When a Padawan was ready, he had to pass some kind of exam to become a Jedi Knight. In the ancient times, in most cases it was defeating a dangerous threat such as a Sith, but it could as well be rather a test of mind, or a combination of different tasks. There's a lot of room for interpretation, so after the Rule of Two, the practical part got adjusted to the different situation.
    LordDirt wrote: »
    khdelboy wrote: »

She is a Jedi in Episode 8 & 9.

Luke even calls her the last Jedi in 8. Leia trains her between 8 and 9. She is a Jedi.
    That's a misinterpretration. He literally said "I will not be the last Jedi".
  • LordDirt
    4916 posts Member
    edited March 2020
    So who is the last?
    Why wasn't Cobb Vanth shards a reward for the Krayt Dragon raid? Why wasn't Endor Gear Luke shards a reward for the Speeder Bike raid?
  • Dirty_Litle_Smuggler
    933 posts Member
    edited March 2020
    So a technical question, since Rey’s special #2 states it needs an “ally”, not “other ally” to drop below 50% health, does that mean she can use lifeblood twice to drop her own health below the 60% threshold, then follow up with whirlwind?
  • So a technical question, since Rey’s special #2 states it needs an “ally”, not “other ally” to drop below 50% health, does that mean she can use lifeblood twice to drop her own health below the 60% threshold, then follow up with whirlwind?

Yes, that is how the ability is worded, plus you have this from the Developer Insights post:

Special 2 - Sudden Whirlwind - This ability can deal an enormous amount of damage but cannot be used unless Rey or any Light Side ally has dropped below 60% health since it was last used (this includes Rey).
  • Update: this unit cant be platooned