Where is the “NEW” content?

12346Next

Replies

• Options
    Darth wrote: »
    The real question is why can’t mobile games just cost $60 like a regular game and not have terrible ways of ripping ppl off? I mean just the thought of spending thousands and thousands on a video game is crazy enough but for a mobile game...that **** crazy!

It's the way a freemium game is set up, it's free for everyone to play it, but you can pay money to speed up stuff, it's not only mobile games, it's any free to play game (although mobile games are the worst of them all) so that allows them to charge way more money than a pay to play game.

Well spending 1 million $ on a car is crazy to me, but does that stop people from buying it? No. Do I think it's crazy for people to spend over 40,000$ in this game? Yes. Is it wrong? No. Star wars is more than just a movie for a lot of people, and it becomes a hobby and you can spend as much money you want on you're hobbies

I believe South Park best explained freemium games:

xh950dyab6nl.jpeg
    You can probably assume the majority of what I post is sarcasm, feel free to skip and move along rather than reading...
  • Options
    Im not spending another red cent until they do something to revitalize this game except creating broken metas that cost thousands but arent even worth half as much in their own weight
  • Pille
    125 posts Member
    Options
    It is just criminal to get all the money from addicted people...shame on CG for that...think about your social responsibility...I personally spend 10-15 Euro per month on mobile games I play to honor the publisher...but this here...shame on you...the game was fun...now it’s just disgusting to see that you can’t get enough money....I think the break even is close if cg does not change that...
  • Options
    Theres no new content coming, nothing of any substance at least. They dont have to produce much of anything anymore, people will still pay for nothing, so why would they bother. Game is on maintenance mode. Next thing we will see in the second/last round of gLs in August. Hope I'm wrong.
  • TVF
    36598 posts Member
    Options
    TheRHOMBUS wrote: »
    Anarkid wrote: »
    Im not spending another red cent until they do something to revitalize this game except creating broken metas that cost thousands but arent even worth half as much in their own weight

Welcome aboard. We’ve been waiting for you since DSGeo was released.

DSGeo?

I need a new message here. https://discord.gg/AmStGTH
  • jfears2
    186 posts Member
    Options

What about a blue cent, or a green?
    You can probably assume the majority of what I post is sarcasm, feel free to skip and move along rather than reading...
  • Monel
    2786 posts Member
    Options
    TheRHOMBUS wrote: »

Welcome aboard. We’ve been waiting for you since DSGeo was released.

Was DSGeo bad? Sure phase 4 is rough but the other 3 are all easy enough?
  • Options
    The real question is why can’t mobile games just cost $60 like a regular game and not have terrible ways of ripping ppl off? I mean just the thought of spending thousands and thousands on a video game is crazy enough but for a mobile game...that **** crazy!

It's the way a freemium game is set up, it's free for everyone to play it, but you can pay money to speed up stuff, it's not only mobile games, it's any free to play game (although mobile games are the worst of them all) so that allows them to charge way more money than a pay to play game.

Well spending 1 million $ on a car is crazy to me, but does that stop people from buying it? No. Do I think it's crazy for people to spend over 40,000$ in this game? Yes. Is it wrong? No. Star wars is more than just a movie for a lot of people, and it becomes a hobby and you can spend as much money you want on you're hobbies

The difference is that a car could potentially be there for a long time.

SWGOH will not be here for that long. Once it shut downs, what happens to all those thousand of pounds/dollars/euros? Down the drain, possibly.
  • TVF
    36598 posts Member
    Options
    khdelboy wrote: »

The difference is that a car could potentially be there for a long time.

SWGOH will not be here for that long.

Source?
    I need a new message here. https://discord.gg/AmStGTH
  • Options
    @Monel

I'm a pretty strong player, but I can't get 4/4 on all my combat missions in p3 because the game requires sacrificing many of a guild's best toons to platoons.

I'm not saying it's terrible or anything. I do pretty well and find a couple p3 missions per TB to be easy, the ones for which I still have intact, high-power squads. But I wouldn't say the whole phase is "easy" except with squads that you can't guarantee will remain intact. If you're someone, like me, who donates toons to the guild's effort, then it won't be easy (or at least you'll only have 2-3 battles that are easy). And if your guild doesn't complete the platoons, it also won't be easy.

So it seems to me that the only people who will find p3 easy - in the sense that they get 4/4 on all battles - are those who are lucky enough to be in a situation where other people in their guild are donating generously while they aren't.
  • Monel
    2786 posts Member
    Options
    @Monel

I'm a pretty strong player, but I can't get 4/4 on all my combat missions in p3 because the game requires sacrificing many of a guild's best toons to platoons.

I'm not saying it's terrible or anything. I do pretty well and find a couple p3 missions per TB to be easy, the ones for which I still have intact, high-power squads. But I wouldn't say the whole phase is "easy" except with squads that you can't guarantee will remain intact. If you're someone, like me, who donates toons to the guild's effort, then it won't be easy (or at least you'll only have 2-3 battles that are easy). And if your guild doesn't complete the platoons, it also won't be easy.

So it seems to me that the only people who will find p3 easy - in the sense that they get 4/4 on all battles - are those who are lucky enough to be in a situation where other people in their guild are donating generously while they aren't.

Yeah but do you want to get 4/4 on everything on something only a couple of months old? Hoth is boring, it's too easy. Getting a perfect score quickly isn't good content. It has to be challenging to be fun. Truthfully I think they did a great job balancing the difficulty of DSGTB.
  • Options
    @Monel
    Yeah but do you want to get 4/4 on everything on something only a couple of months old?

No. No, I don't. I agree with you that the difficultly level is desirable. I just don't agree that it's ***easy***. Earlier you said it was easy. I disagreed, but that doesn't mean I think the current situation is bad.
  • Monel
    2786 posts Member
    edited April 2020
    Options
    @Monel
    Yeah but do you want to get 4/4 on everything on something only a couple of months old?

No. No, I don't. I agree with you that the difficultly level is desirable. I just don't agree that it's ***easy***. Earlier you said it was easy. I disagreed, but that doesn't mean I think the current situation is bad.

Edit: I said easy enough, not easy. There is a difference.
    Post edited by Monel on
  • Options
    They will never stop pushing the money bubble nor stop giving us broken toys until people stop spending to get them. The only way would be if nobody chased the new GL and nobody tried the Geo LSTB. That won’t happen so there is no incentive to change.
    Jane <3

Ally code 967-818-123

• Jesse36
    65 posts Member
    Options
    I don’t know about anyone else, but I was thrilled to sim 2 training droid battles and I’m super stoked to sim an omega tomorrow.
  • MaruMaru
    3338 posts Member
    Options
    ZAP wrote: »
    Monel wrote: »
    @Monel

Yeah but do you want to get 4/4 on everything on something only a couple of months old? Hoth is boring, it's too easy. Getting a perfect score quickly isn't good content. It has to be challenging to be fun. Truthfully I think they did a great job balancing the difficulty of DSGTB.

I completely agree with this. I think they did a great job with virtually every aspect of DSgeoTB. I and my guild improve each time and still have lots to work on for the future.

They seemed to have struck the right balance of being able to succeed in some things early and still have missions to improve on, especially as more guild members improve their rosters for platooning and having enough teams to attempt missions.

It also really shows the imbalance that LSgeoTB is.

Dsgeo has been trivialised quite sometime ago. Is squeezing the last few stars out of it a joy?
  • Monel
    2786 posts Member
    Options
    MaruMaru wrote: »
    @Monel

I completely agree with this. I think they did a great job with virtually every aspect of DSgeoTB. I and my guild improve each time and still have lots to work on for the future.

They seemed to have struck the right balance of being able to succeed in some things early and still have missions to improve on, especially as more guild members improve their rosters for platooning and having enough teams to attempt missions.

Dsgeo has been trivialised quite sometime ago. Is squeezing the last few stars out of it a joy?

Yes, I like having stuff maxed out. So getting closer and closer to max stars is exciting to me.
  • MaruMaru
    3338 posts Member
    Options
    @Monel

Yes, I like having stuff maxed out. So getting closer and closer to max stars is exciting to me.

That makes one of you. Meanwhile I'm looking forward to cracking lsgeo further.
  • Monel
    2786 posts Member
    Options
    @Monel

That makes one of you. Meanwhile I'm looking forward to cracking lsgeo further.

There is indeed only 1 of me! Yup LS geo is a work in progress for me as well. Not too hard to try to improve on both.