Fleet arena is boring!

Hodgey
12 posts Member
I run the typical Malevolence setup, the only one in my shard.
I'm surrounded by 7* Negotiators, and although I can comfortably get 1st everyday the battles take 3-4 minutes each. The climb to 1st place is just a drag! Getting stuck behind HT every single time until the ultimate is ready... bah!
What is going to be done to speed things up? It feels like we've gone backwards with these new 'powerful ships'.

Replies

• You could unlock Negotiator instead - most of those battles (while also repetitive) dont last much beyond the 90 second to the 2 minute mark (unless RNG takes a serious downturn, then they can stretch out longer)

The price of being (and staying) at the top of the spear...
  • I think fleet is way more fun than endless GAS and a few DR sprinkled in there.
  • Monel
    2784 posts Member
    My fase is boring.
  • OP thinks FA is boring 🤣.
    Try being in a day 1 fleet arena.
  • TVF
    36577 posts Member
    TAZZZOOO wrote: »
    OP thinks FA is boring 🤣.

One where more people have quit?
    I need a new message here. https://discord.gg/AmStGTH
  • TVF
    36577 posts Member
    OP, have you tried sticking buff immunity on HT right away with Vulture?
  • Hodgey wrote: »
    I run the typical Malevolence setup, the only one in my shard.
    I'm surrounded by 7* Negotiators, and although I can comfortably get 1st everyday the battles take 3-4 minutes each. The climb to 1st place is just a drag! Getting stuck behind HT every single time until the ultimate is ready... bah!
    What is going to be done to speed things up? It feels like we've gone backwards with these new 'powerful ships'.

Use vulture droid as your 1st reinforcement. His special applies ability block more times than not. HT goes down a little faster usually.
  • Problem is Malevolence isn’t good on defense. He can be beaten, pretty easily, by either Rebels or GR. So that makes you a target for anyone looking to climb, if you leave it in after payout. Not sure if Rebels are targeted less or not, but really anything other than a 7* Negotiator will get attacked relentlessly. Sucks, but that’s what happens when you use a non-meta fleet. As someone who stuck to Rebels loooong into the Negotiator, I feel your pain.
  • I’ve been playing since the release of TFA so it’s not exactly a fresh arena.

I’ve always struggled to get buff immunity to stick. When it does the battles are quick but more often than not it’s resisted.

No issues winning but HT is there until I can get the ult.
  • GA_Phoenix
    368 posts Member
    edited March 2020
    With Vulture, Hyena and SF in the starting lineup ist pretty easy to speed up the fighst.
    Use the Discordmissle from Vulture against Anni. Buffimmunity will prevent that he went stealth if UeL is triggert and he will not called to assist by Negos AOE.
    Use SF Stun to cripple the enemy HT
    Use the cleanse frome Malev on Hyena and use that Buzzy-AOE by targeting Anni. This will call all Vultures to assist and will nearly kill him.

Call in your Anni as first reinforcement and use his AOE. This will finish of the enemy Anni for sure. While HT has his taunt up it woun't get TM and has decreased Tenacity so the buff immuntiy will stick mostly and you can finish that flying brick asap.

It becomes even more easy if your Malev is at 7*.
    The standard squads (with Fives, HT and Anni in the starting row) will fall appart in 60-90 seconds.

• TVF
    36577 posts Member
    Hodgey wrote: »
    I’ve been playing since the release of TFA so it’s not exactly a fresh arena.

I’ve always struggled to get buff immunity to stick. When it does the battles are quick but more often than not it’s resisted.

No issues winning but HT is there until I can get the ult.

If you're talking about getting it to stick on HT, you have to wait until it has taunt up, otherwise it has bonus tenacity.
  • TVF wrote: »
    TAZZZOOO wrote: »
    OP thinks FA is boring 🤣.

One where more people have quit?

🤣🤣 It seems we're on different ends of this game. Whales have LOOOONG lifespans and if you're f2p you'll likely drown in that ocean.
  • The game isn't sulposed to not be boring. It is supposed to be addicting and making you pay for fake crystals.
    Who told you it was about fun?
  • TVF
    36577 posts Member
    The game isn't sulposed to not be boring. It is supposed to be addicting and making you pay for fake crystals.
    Who told you it was about fun?

I would quit if I wasn't still having fun.
  • jonnysiniwal
    675 posts Member
    edited March 2020
    TVF wrote: »

That sticks 1 out of 5 times. Hardly a reliable strategy. Even when taunting it is still not reliable
  • Hodgey
    12 posts Member

GA_Phoenix wrote: »
    With Vulture, Hyena and SF in the starting lineup ist pretty easy to speed up the fighst.
    Use the Discordmissle from Vulture against Anni. Buffimmunity will prevent that he went stealth if UeL is triggert and he will not called to assist by Negos AOE.
    Use SF Stun to cripple the enemy HT
    Use the cleanse frome Malev on Hyena and use that Buzzy-AOE by targeting Anni. This will call all Vultures to assist and will nearly kill him.

Call in your Anni as first reinforcement and use his AOE. This will finish of the enemy Anni for sure. While HT has his taunt up it woun't get TM and has decreased Tenacity so the buff immuntiy will stick mostly and you can finish that flying brick asap.

It becomes even more easy if your Malev is at 7*.
    The standard squads (with Fives, HT and Anni in the starting row) will fall appart in 60-90 seconds.

We have the exact same routine up until you call JKA. I call spy at that point to finish off either JKA or Fives. If it’s fives, JKA usually dies to the buzz droids anyway.
  • TVF
    36577 posts Member
    TVF wrote: »

That sticks 1 out of 5 times. Hardly a reliable strategy. Even when taunting it is still not reliable

When taunting, it sticks most of the time for me. Are you running a three star Vulture or something?
  • Fleet arena always was boring.
    What the news?
  • Lio
    1003 posts Member
    I also use Malevolence and it's a very fun fleet. I don't find FA boring. It's the first time in a while that I've enjoyed ships. At least we have variety in teams that can reach the top.
  • Ships was dull on day 1. It still is
  • Legend91
    2441 posts Member
    Just today I lost a battle with Male vs Nego because I set it on auto after I killed all GR ships, only the enemy HT was left and I had a board with 5 ships (including a healthy Hyena and Spy). Ofc my fault for setting it on auto but it's still increadibly silly that smth like that can happen.
    And the solution could be so easy:
    016agwukz7b0.png
    It's already in the game and only needs a minor addition in his kit. Make it a marquee ship for $$ and both parties are happy - CG for making $$ and players for having 1 more Sep droid ship (yay!) that's also a QoL thing to save time vs HT (yay).
    Legend#6873 | YouTube | swgoh.gg