Please Fix GL Kylo

Replies

• Jarvind
    3926 posts Member
    Legend91 wrote: »
    Jarvind wrote: »
    Look, I understand why his kit looks disappointing, but everyone thought Darth Revan was crap for like 3 weeks after he came out, and then he proceeded to dominate the meta for 6 months. Maybe chill out and wait until someone actually has him before you start shrieking for a "fix."

Tbf DR was "pushed" into being meta thanks to nerfs to other teams and a very quick release of Malak which they event admitted was a rushed release iirc.
    I'd rather throw JTR in here as an example of a char that was being called bad and turned out to be meta.
    And with kits that complex and complicated I'd hold back any judgement before we see some actual gameplay anyway.

I think it's fair to say that the majority of metas the last couple years have been called crap for one reason or another, only to immediately dominate.
    u58t4vkrvnrz.png

• Ultra
    11502 posts Moderator
    Look, I understand why his kit looks disappointing, but everyone thought Darth Revan was crap for like 3 weeks after he came out, and then he proceeded to dominate the meta for 6 months. Maybe chill out and wait until someone actually has him before you start shrieking for a "fix."

Tbf DR was "pushed" into being meta thanks to nerfs to other teams and a very quick release of Malak which they event admitted was a rushed release iirc.
    I'd rather throw JTR in here as an example of a char that was being called bad and turned out to be meta.
    And with kits that complex and complicated I'd hold back any judgement before we see some actual gameplay anyway.

When did they admit malak was a rushed release?
  • TVF
    36586 posts Member

I think it's fair to say that the majority of metas the last couple years have been called crap for one reason or another, only to immediately dominate.

This.

People were calling JTR an utter failure when all they had was a kit to read.
    I need a new message here. https://discord.gg/AmStGTH
  • Ultra
    11502 posts Moderator
    They’ve been Kit balancing for a month or two now

I trust them to know what they are doing
  • LordDirt
    4997 posts Member
    Ultra wrote: »
    They’ve been Kit balancing for a month or two now

I trust them to know what they are doing

Today April 1st?
    Why wasn't Cobb Vanth shards a reward for the Krayt Dragon raid? Why wasn't Endor Gear Luke shards a reward for the Speeder Bike raid?
  • Gifafi
    6017 posts Member
    didn't dr smash jkr even without malak?
    Maybe End Game isn't for you
  • khelzac
    335 posts Member
    Gifafi wrote: »

Honestly it does, yea. I still don't have Malak and I can take down most JKR teams easy enough.
  • khelzac
    335 posts Member
    khelzac wrote: »
    Yea, so many people have unlocked and run him with various teams to see exactly why this is a bad idea. Oh wait...

Nice smart comment. Bottom line is there likely isn’t that big of a reason to include the negative aspect in the kit.

You just proved me right. How do you know there isn't a reason? Have you played with the new Kylo/ seen any footage? I'm guessing the answer is a no.
  • Jarvind
    3926 posts Member
    Gifafi wrote: »

It did, but JKR could beat him on offense! So he was useless garbage!
    u58t4vkrvnrz.png

• TVF
    36586 posts Member
    edited March 2020

Months later I still think DR is crap. It wasn't DR that dominated for 6 months either, it was Malak.

If DR was crap, who was lead for Malak? EP?

Oh wait, Maul, I remember now.
    I need a new message here. https://discord.gg/AmStGTH
  • Stick wrote: »
    Akenno wrote: »
    Why do dark side toons always get hit with team penalties now lol? Darth Revan 2.0

Because dark side chars never do stuff for others.

Isn't the whole point of bounty hunters to do stuff for others?

No. No, it isnt.

The whole point of being a bounty hunters is to work for someone for money.

But even generally that's how they all got their name bail bondsmen, repo guys, Boba Fett... working to collect bounties so we call them bounty hunters.

Everyone's " point" is to work for someone for money.

Yoda and Obi1 never got paid for teaching Luke the force.

The point is... Light side characters help their allies which in turn makes them stronger... look at rex and 5s

dark side hurt their allies to become personally stronger.... look at GG and deathmarking his droids

That was the gist of what was being said.
  • Gifafi
    6017 posts Member
    terrorist propaganda
  • I'm reserving judgement until I see these GLs in action. That said when in the H E double hockey sticks will they be dropped? I gotta start farming tokens before I can play it and I can't do that until it's released.
  • Stick
    647 posts Member
    Stick wrote: »
    Why do dark side toons always get hit with team penalties now lol? Darth Revan 2.0

No. No, it isnt.

But even generally that's how they all got their name bail bondsmen, repo guys, Boba Fett... working to collect bounties so we call them bounty hunters.

The point is... Light side characters help their allies which in turn makes them stronger... look at rex and 5s

dark side hurt their allies to become personally stronger.... look at GG and deathmarking his droids

Ah. You're talking make believe. I was just implying that bounty hunters working for someone in exchange for money is as much the "point" of what they do as it is the point for what you do to earn a living. Then it was misunderstood by Zap and some other guy.
  • I was pretty upset after reading the kit,since i had rey's kit first,but i went back and read it all again for like 4-5 times thinking a little about it,now i feel really good with his kit and i think once i get him i will be happy with it,kylo has a huge potential in both pvp and pve i think he will start slower then GL rey but after you ramp up the siphon to like 50 stack and more(which is relative easy) you can take so much mastery that will beef kylo even more snd will weak the other team,so as long as the fight goes kylo gets all juiced up,if you can kill him and his team fast enough you might not be able to,also you would say he does not take mastery from Rey,well that's true she will not go to 0 or even - something but you will still get the amount,also when you siphon her eith the first special or the baisic she will loose those stats.So stop crying that Kylo might kill hux or some other support they might be there just to help kylo get the stacks.
  • Why do dark side toons always get hit with team penalties now lol? Darth Revan 2.0

Cause DR turned out so bad...for a 9 month meta...
  • Stick
    647 posts Member
    ZAP wrote: »

No. No, it isnt.

Ah. You're talking make believe. I was just implying that bounty hunters working for someone in exchange for money is as much the "point" of what they do as it is the point for what you do to earn a living. Then it was misunderstood by Zap and some other guy.

Some people actually just do what they love or enjoy and money comes with it. Some people work for no money at all, just to help others. Some people work out of absolute boredom.

But yeah, prob most do work just for the cash.

Still missing the point friend. Ironic haha , the point of no job is to make money , that merely is what a job provides. The point of being a cook is to cook , the point of a plumber is to plumb. The point of bounty hunting is to catch bounty.
    I didn't realize this would spiral into this. I was just agreeing with the guy who was saying bounty hunters work for people or do things for them inherently
  • LordDirt
    4997 posts Member
    Sorry but what the Jedi did to Anakin makes them totally selfish. The Jedi are no different than others. They just like to act all high and mighty about it.
    Why wasn't Cobb Vanth shards a reward for the Krayt Dragon raid? Why wasn't Endor Gear Luke shards a reward for the Speeder Bike raid?
  • MaruMaru
    3338 posts Member
    khelzac wrote: »
    Yea, so many people have unlocked and run him with various teams to see exactly why this is a bad idea. Oh wait...

Nice smart comment. Bottom line is there likely isn’t that big of a reason to include the negative aspect in the kit.

Bottomline is none of us knows if there's a big enough reason or not until we see the above listed.
  • LordDirt
    4997 posts Member
    LordDirt wrote: »
    Sorry but what the Jedi did to Anakin makes them totally selfish. The Jedi are no different than others. They just like to act all high and mighty about it.

Yeah I must have missed the part where the Jedi blew up whole planets like the empire or wiped out villages on a whim like the FO.

I’ll go rewatch though, must be in one of the films somewhere.

Guess you missed the part where they took a little kid away from his slave mom and promised him he could be a Jedi. Then in front of the council they denied it to him. After a Jedi took him as their Padawan they didnt even go free his mom. They had years to go free her yet did nothing. Then they put him on the Jedi Council but denied him the title of Master which had never been done. Then they asked him to commit treason and spy on Chancellor.

Yep, real honorable people. Used a slave kid to further their agenda. Couldn't even find the time to free his mom in return.

• Kokie
    1338 posts Member
    edited March 2020
    What people argue about on the forums amuses me greatly......anyone know where I can get TP?
  • Why do dark side toons always get hit with team penalties now lol? Darth Revan 2.0

Oh no! Not Darth Revan 2.0!

What will we ever do with such a shockingly useless character on our roster!
  • Gifafi
    6017 posts Member

Yeah I must have missed the part where the Jedi blew up whole planets like the empire or wiped out villages on a whim like the FO.

I’ll go rewatch though, must be in one of the films somewhere.

Guess you missed the part where they took a little kid away from his slave mom and promised him he could be a Jedi. Then in front of the council they denied it to him. After a Jedi took him as their Padawan they didnt even go free his mom. They had years to go free her yet did nothing. Then they put him on the Jedi Council but denied him the title of Master which had never been done. Then they asked him to commit treason and spy on Chancellor.

Yep, real honorable people. Used a slave kid to further their agenda. Couldn't even find the time to free his mom in return.

Yeah, not good, but not even remotely comparable to genocide and the things the Empire and FO did.

You said the Jedi were no different than others and in the made up Star Wars world, that’s just plain wrong.

lotta orphans created by the reb/res in their quest for power. blew up a lotta innocent people on the death stars too
  • LordDirt
    4997 posts Member
    Jedi

Take children that have the Force from their parents and train them and give them lightsabers in the name of peace. FO does it and they are evil, Jedi been doing it for thousands of years and its ok.

They lie all the time to get their way.

They cheat and use the Force to manipulate people to do what they want.

Dont forget the Sith holocaust.

They are killing machines that are trained at an early age to fight with laser swords without any emotion or any accountability. They answer to no one and do as they please. No way anyone would see them as good guys.

Could you imagine a group of people these days that go around with a laser sword and Force powers that act better than everyone else and can use lethal force whenever and then aren’t accountable to anyone?

People are freaking out about the Police these days, they would really lose it if Jedi were just running around doing whatever they want just because they feel like their way is better than anyone else'S?