Please Fix GL Kylo

13Next

Replies

• MaruMaru
    3338 posts Member
    No way anyone would see jedis as the good guys might be one of the most hilarious things I've read on internet.
  • LordDirt
    4984 posts Member
    edited March 2020
    How did they help the common people? Jedi Mind Trick them? Cheat them at dice? Jedi just use others to further their goals.
    Why wasn't Cobb Vanth shards a reward for the Krayt Dragon raid? Why wasn't Endor Gear Luke shards a reward for the Speeder Bike raid?
  • MaruMaru
    3338 posts Member
    Dunno, don't care. We don't live in sw universe. I don't even care about sw.
  • LordDirt
    4984 posts Member
    Just passing through then?
    Why wasn't Cobb Vanth shards a reward for the Krayt Dragon raid? Why wasn't Endor Gear Luke shards a reward for the Speeder Bike raid?
  • MaruMaru
    3338 posts Member
    Nop, playing a turn based mobile game.

Anyway you need a reality check if you think jedi=good guys is not the creator's intention and how overwhelming majority of people takes it.
  • Gifafi
    6017 posts Member
    You believe the lies of the Jedi. Winner writes the movies, as they say.
    Maybe End Game isn't for you
  • LordDirt
    4984 posts Member
    You can see the US being the Empire and other smaller countries being the Rebels if you like. Depends on what side you are on.
  • MaruMaru
    3338 posts Member
    Gifafi wrote: »
    You believe the lies of the Jedi. Winner writes the movies, as they say.

Or rather storyteller writes the stories. They exist because they are written. This is not history no matter how many corellations you draw.
  • LordDirt wrote: »
    You can see the US being the Empire and other smaller countries being the Rebels if you like. Depends on what side you are on.

Actually, it doesn't really depend on what "side" you are on. George Lucas based the Empire quite heavily on Vietnam era US. And no, the US is not supposed to look good in this story
    Looking for a new guild? Come check out the Underworld Alliance on Discord:https://discord.gg/wvrYb4Q
  • Stick wrote: »
    Stick wrote: »
    Akenno wrote: »
    Why do dark side toons always get hit with team penalties now lol? Darth Revan 2.0

Because dark side chars never do stuff for others.

Isn't the whole point of bounty hunters to do stuff for others?

No. No, it isnt.

The whole point of being a bounty hunters is to work for someone for money.

But even generally that's how they all got their name bail bondsmen, repo guys, Boba Fett... working to collect bounties so we call them bounty hunters.

Everyone's " point" is to work for someone for money.

Yoda and Obi1 never got paid for teaching Luke the force.

The point is... Light side characters help their allies which in turn makes them stronger... look at rex and 5s

dark side hurt their allies to become personally stronger.... look at GG and deathmarking his droids

That was the gist of what was being said.

Ah. You're talking make believe. I was just implying that bounty hunters working for someone in exchange for money is as much the "point" of what they do as it is the point for what you do to earn a living. Then it was misunderstood by Zap and some other guy.

People are also charitable in the real world and do things for others without requiring payment of money.
  • ZAP wrote: »
    Have we really been watching the same movies? They did it cause they had superiority complexes and it had nothing to do with fighting oppressive evil empires that were actually blowing up entire planets?

What?

Hold on. I agree with some of what you said. However, it's worth noting that with the exception of Kenobi, Luke, Ezra and Kanan (and perhaps a smattering of leftover Jedi in the comics), the Jedi and Empire never had a conflict.

The faults of the Jedi Order that come to my mind are during the era of the Senate...

-Illegally ordering a bunch of clones,
    -Heartlessly sending those (sentient) clones to die in the Clone War,
    -Arguably escalating an illegal war with their actions on Geonosis,
    -Doing nothing to help the people of Coruscant (sure, free Ryloth etc, but ignore the total poverty of the lower levels of the planet on which you live!),
    -Abduction and indoctrination of children,
    -Mercilessly killing (sentient) droids and keeping callous tallies as a joke, and especially:
    -Being an extra-legal religious council with influence both throughout the Senate and to the Chancellor directly, despite having no elected representatives

I agree that the Empire was worse in a vast majority of ways, but "relative virtue" is no excuse for abominable and illegal behaviour. Of course, the heroic actions of Yoda, Kanan, Luke, and Kenobi in Episodes 4, 5, 6 are unquestionable. My objection is not to these individuals, but to the Jedi Order, as an institution, and as it operated in the pre-Order 66 days.
  • TVF
    36575 posts Member
    1) Fix forums
    2) *Then* work on fixing Glylo
    I need a new message here. https://discord.gg/AmStGTH
  • Gifafi
    6017 posts Member
    LordDirt wrote: »

Actually, it doesn't really depend on what "side" you are on. George Lucas based the Empire quite heavily on Vietnam era US. And no, the US is not supposed to look good in this story

That explains the accents in the prequels
    Maybe End Game isn't for you
  • Ultra
    11491 posts Moderator
    ZAP wrote: »
    TVF wrote: »
    1) Fix forums

Gley and Glylo just don’t sound right.

There’s gotta be something better 🤷‍♂️
    Rey / SLKR
  • TVF
    36575 posts Member
    Ultra wrote: »
    1) Fix forums

Rey / SLKR

That's worse.
  • BobcatSkywalker
    2194 posts Member
    edited March 2020
    1) Fix forums

So Gley it is?
  • TVF
    36575 posts Member
    TheRHOMBUS wrote: »
    Scav, JTR,... And Gley?

GLY is easier.

One letter. Sheesh.
  • Artumas
    324 posts Member
    The faults of the Jedi Order that come to my mind are during the era of the Senate...

-Illegally ordering a bunch of clones,Ordered by Darth Tyrannus under orders from Sidious. No jedi involved, and the conflict was escalated before the jedi even found out about the clones, at which point... oh, right. Sidious was elected "leader" of the republic and ordered them used and continued produced.
    -Heartlessly sending those (sentient) clones to die in the Clone War, by order of Darth Sidious.
    -Arguably escalating an illegal war with their actions on Geonosis, By order of Darth Sidious on literally both sides.
    -Doing nothing to help the people of Coruscant (sure, free Ryloth etc, but ignore the total poverty of the lower levels of the planet on which you live!), The jedi are peacekeepers, not charity workers. And again, Sidious. The guy spreading corruption and stealing massive amounts of government funds for "personal projects".
    -Abduction and indoctrination of children, Where, exactly, did they abduct a child? Pretty much every single time we've ever seen a child go to the jedi order, it has been with permission from their parents and/or for their own protection (orphans, being hunted, etc.)
    -Mercilessly killing (sentient) droids and keeping callous tallies as a joke, and especially:It's war, and droids never had rights. Not only this, but the droids weren't even sentient at the beginning of the war. What are you supposed to do? Incapacitate every single droid in the hopes of reprogramming them when they're literally trying to kill you?
    -Being an extra-legal religious council with influence both throughout the Senate and to the Chancellor directly, despite having no elected representativesBecause... literally every country to date hasn't had something like this IRL? And since when do companies, churches, etc. get elected representatives? Oh, right. They don't..

So.. which things did they do, again?
  • While they’re at it rework GL Luke Skywalker, probably won’t be announced for at least half a year, but I already hate his kit.