Returning player shard change

Does anyone know if there is a way to be put into a shard with similar opponents, I stopped playing for about a year and now the top ranks in my shard and all Uber powerful teams that my level 71 gear 8 ish team will never be able to compete with. Anyway to reset the shard?

Replies

• UdalCuain
    4996 posts Member
    No. Unfortunately you are stuck on the same shard that you are initially placed in.

People here may be able to offer suggestions on steps forward if you have a swgoh.gg account you are willing to share.
    You might be better off restarting depending on how much progress you had made before your break.
  • Obi_six_Kenobi
    369 posts Member
    edited March 2020
    That’s too bad, here is my swgoh gg....i think

https://swgoh.gg/p/297932863/

Was working to get Jedi revan, no idea what to do with ships
  • MaruMaru
    3338 posts Member
    That's way early game. Just restart.
  • Restarting seems too depressing. It represents probably 3 month setback. Especially since I had started back in 2017, built an account with 2M gp, then lost that account, and had to start again, I think I’ll just keep on keeping on, arena isn’t the only part of the game
  • When you guys say I’ll be behind on mods is secondary speed still king? Is that what I’m looking for when I get mods I throw all the green ones away and only level up others if the have secondary speed. Is that still what I should be doing?
  • Leo476
    10 posts Member
    I recommend looking up "The Playbook" on Youtube if you have time. He made a really in-depth guide on mods. Just search the channel name and go to his playlists.
  • Leo476 wrote: »
    I recommend looking up "The Playbook" on Youtube if you have time. He made a really in-depth guide on mods. Just search the channel name and go to his playlists.

Thanks
  • MaruMaru
    3338 posts Member
    There's also this reality that restarting won't change your predicament too much. Unless you spend you won't be arena top because the game changed drastically. New metas are tied with many other prereqs which will also take farming and huge amounts of gear which new spenders can burn through. So you'll manage to go towards top 200, 100 or at best 50 but top 20 where the difference matters will be under lockdown.

Speed is still king btw, but there's more to it. The above suggested videos are solid.
  • Waqui
    8802 posts Member
    When you guys say I’ll be behind on mods is secondary speed still king? Is that what I’m looking for when I get mods I throw all the green ones away and only level up others if the have secondary speed. Is that still what I should be doing?

Starting color doesn't matter much. Even a Grey mod can turn out to be great in the end.

Yes, speed is still king in arena, but with the introduction of relics those would be more important. A faster team can have trouble against a slower team with higher relic levels.