Are Drop Rates Rigged?!

Prev1
Lately, I've found some interesting results regarding drop rates, and I'm wondering whether it's my account's problem, or is it natural.
Mk5 AKT Stun Gun Salvage (Dark 8B): Farmed 180. Drop rate: Never higher than 1/10
IG-100 Magnaguard (Cantina 3C): Farmed 21. Never higher than 2/13.
Old Ben Kenobi (Cantina 2E?) Farmed 330. Almost always higher than 4/10
Are these drop rates rigged?!

Replies

• If only the Devs can send out a drop rate chart to clarify things a bit...
  • Lysandrax
    1127 posts Member
    Drop rate on gear type of stunguns is 20% i believe and all shards are absolutely 33%

Saying "never higher than 1/10" immediately debunks your claim also just fyi
  • CCyrilS
    6732 posts Member
    No
  • Waqui
    8802 posts Member
    Lately, I've found some interesting results regarding drop rates, and I'm wondering whether it's my account's problem, or is it natural.
    Mk5 AKT Stun Gun Salvage (Dark 8B): Farmed 180. Drop rate: Never higher than 1/10
    IG-100 Magnaguard (Cantina 3C): Farmed 21. Never higher than 2/13.
    Old Ben Kenobi (Cantina 2E?) Farmed 330. Almost always higher than 4/10
    Are these drop rates rigged?!

No, drop rates are not rigged. Your data is no good. If you want feedback please tell us how many shards you received in how many attempts. Track all your attempts and not just the selected good/bad days.

• Saw the thread title, came to see vague and wooly data, was not disappointed!
  • Here’s some data for you:

RH Finn: 83/250 (33.2%)
    Hux: 138/400 (34.5%)
    FOSiT: 136/400 (34%)
    YWing: 164/540 (30.4%)
  • sr0ue2hkl46m.jpg
    Here's a screenshot if a surprisingly good drop just to keep us all in a positive mood.
  • EmpressOrgana
    218 posts Member
    edited March 2020
    4fzkyakq58mc.jpg
    Here's another. There are good days and bad days. I like to only record the good ones - it can be nice therapy for said bad days.
  • Lysandrax wrote: »
    Drop rate on gear type of stunguns is 20% i believe and all shards are absolutely 33%

Goodness, so high?! I'm not kidding when I said never more than one out of ten. More than 1000 attempts. It's so low that I now farm those with crystals (waste of resources, I know, what I can't do anything about the RNG)
  • Lysandrax
    1127 posts Member
    Lysandrax wrote: »

Goodness, so high?! I'm not kidding when I said never more than one out of ten. More than 1000 attempts. It's so low that I now farm those with crystals (waste of resources, I know, what I can't do anything about the RNG)

It's not that you're kidding, it's that you're either wrong or lying.
    What you're saying isn't realistic. And i dont mean that in a "gee, you must have really bad luck kind of way." I mean it in the, "absolutely implausible, near impossible" way.

You haven't actually tracked any data and that is obvious.
  • Lysandrax wrote: »

I rolled 3/5 on stun guns twice tonight from 20 energy nodes. Holdo and Ship mats node. Was like, "OKAY BOOMER!"
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator

Do you have a record of those 1000 attempts?

If you actually recorded that data you would easily see what everyone else has seen and some have tracked and proven.
  • DadKev
    314 posts Member
    No.
  • I just flipped a coin 10 times and it was tails 9 of them. I did it with a different coin, and I got 7 heads and 3 tails. I think my coins are rigged since it should have been 50/50.

In reality, welcome to probability theory and the Law of Large Numbers. I have 30 more Young Lando shards than Falcon shards, yet they're farmed on the same node? Rigged, or just my sample size?
    In probability theory, the law of large numbers (LLN) is a theorem that describes the result of performing the same experiment a large number of times. According to the law, the average of the results obtained from a large number of trials should be close to the expected value and will tend to become closer to the expected value as more trials are performed.
  • TVF
    36577 posts Member

I rolled 3/5 on stun guns twice tonight from 20 energy nodes. Holdo and Ship mats node. Was like, "OKAY BOOMER!"

or were you
    I need a new message here. https://discord.gg/AmStGTH
  • jkray622
    1636 posts Member
    They’re totally rigged.

At 33% for shards and 20% for gear. #darndevs #probability #sizematterswhentalkingsamples
  • Waqui
    8802 posts Member

Goodness, so high?! I'm not kidding when I said never more than one out of ten. More than 1000 attempts.

I'm not kidding either. Statements like yours are no good. Be precise if you want people to believe you. How many shards dropped in how many attempts (when tracking consistently and not just selected good/bad attempts)? That's the only thing that matters.
  • Drazhar
    784 posts Member
    Don't ask these questions, you'll always get the parrots with their 33%. Tell 33% to the 383738 Jedi consular fighter shards I get in the hyena bomber battle compared to the barely 2 or 3 in 15 battles I get for the bomber. Or to the 383737 ig-86 shards I get in the vulture droid battle.
  • Drazhar wrote: »
    Don't ask these questions, you'll always get the parrots with their 33%. Tell 33% to the 383738 Jedi consular fighter shards I get in the hyena bomber battle compared to the barely 2 or 3 in 15 battles I get for the bomber. Or to the 383737 ig-86 shards I get in the vulture droid battle.

You will also get people who have actually tracked data after previously denying the drop rate. It always fun to watch people realize how math and statistics work.
    Looking for a new guild? Come check out the Underworld Alliance on Discord:https://discord.gg/wvrYb4Q
  • I just flipped a coin 10 times and it was tails 9 of them. I did it with a different coin, and I got 7 heads and 3 tails. I think my coins are rigged since it should have been 50/50.

In reality, welcome to probability theory and the Law of Large Numbers. I have 30 more Young Lando shards than Falcon shards, yet they're farmed on the same node? Rigged, or just my sample size?
    In probability theory, the law of large numbers (LLN) is a theorem that describes the result of performing the same experiment a large number of times. According to the law, the average of the results obtained from a large number of trials should be close to the expected value and will tend to become closer to the expected value as more trials are performed.

Actually with coins you are a little more likely to get tails because the heads side is heavier than the tails side.
  • Ultra
    11491 posts Moderator
    Whatelse73 wrote: »
    I just flipped a coin 10 times and it was tails 9 of them. I did it with a different coin, and I got 7 heads and 3 tails. I think my coins are rigged since it should have been 50/50.

Actually with coins you are a little more likely to get tails because the heads side is heavier than the tails side.
    lol
  • Gifafi
    6017 posts Member
    hux has been dropping for me but redboi hasn't. I just want to know why CG rigs it to hurt me with one char but helps me with another?? What kind of a sick game are they playing with me?!?
    Maybe End Game isn't for you
  • TJax
    101 posts Member
    edited March 2020
    1vim79io5n2b.jpeg
    I’ve been tracking rh Finn. Here is my data. 31.67% so far, variant due to small sample size. If I cut out the first week, I’m 34.25%. I’ll bet someone out there had awesome results week one, and less awesome since.
  • TVF
    36577 posts Member
    TJax wrote: »
    I’ve been tracking rh Finn. Here is my data. 31.67% so far, variant due to small sample size. If I cut out the first week, I’m 34.25%. I’ll bet someone out there had awesome results week one, and less awesome since.

How are your JC fighter shard drops?
  • TJax
    101 posts Member
    TVF wrote: »
    TJax wrote: »

How are your JC fighter shard drops?

No idea, haven’t tracked that part
  • Mitch08
    301 posts Member
    Probably, but officially, no.
  • TVF
    36577 posts Member
    Mitch08 wrote: »
    Probably, but officially, no.

Officially, no, and based on actual data tracked, no.
  • Dryff
    672 posts Member
    Somewhat anecdotal, but I've been tracking shard drops just since the release of Shaak Ti on my two accounts:

Acct 1:
    Shaak Ti: 280/1023 = 27.37%
    Sith Trooper: 81/205 = 39.5%
    Finn/Hux (not farming)

Acct 2:
    Shaak Ti: 269/1005 = 26.76%
    Sith Trooper: 64/200 = 32%
    Hux: 60/200 = 30%
    Finn: 39/135 = 28.9%

I have a suspicion that drop rates are slightly lower on completely F2P accounts (like both of mine), though it's founded on absolutely nothing. :D:D:D
  • Dryff wrote: »
    I have a suspicion that drop rates are slightly lower on completely F2P accounts (like both of mine), though it's founded on absolutely nothing. :D:D:D

It's not founded on nothing ... it's founded on feelings! ;)