Jango in the KAM mission

2Next

Replies

  • jkray622
    1636 posts Member
    Eric73 wrote: »
    Probably because they changed something that impacts paying customers. Is a consumer not allowed to ask about a product?

    Did they change something or has jango in the KAM mission always been this way?
  • Because then it will be clarified if this was intentional or an oversight. It's great to be aware of it, and hope that RNG is in your favor. However; if you're waiting a month at a time to see if you get good RNG, that's a terrible way to do a TB. Could theoretically have an entire Guild build up clones only to have "bad RNG" mean nobody gets KAM shards because everyone burned to death that month.

    That seems like poor or lazy game design, or an actual bug that hasn't been admitted, more than anything else.

    An answer would at least let you know what it is.
  • Ultra wrote: »
    Eric73 wrote: »
    Probably because they changed something that impacts paying customers. Is a consumer not allowed to ask about a product?
    Its always been 0 cooldown since the launch of TB
    I understand. I mean changing things about his kit, with no indication anywhere. Whereas normal elite units you can read above their head there’s nothing for jango. Sorry for not originally being more clear
  • Idk why some people ride CGs lap so hard, despite all the extreme mess ups they have had. You realize CG doesn’t even know you exist right?
  • jkray622
    1636 posts Member
    Vendi1983 wrote: »
    Because then it will be clarified if this was intentional or an oversight.

    An answer would at least let you know what it is.

    ... it's more helpful to have actually read the whole thread. EA has confirmed this was intentional.
    https://answers.ea.com/t5/Bug-Reports/No-Cooldown-on-Jango-s-Conflagration/m-p/8868298/highlight/true#M37587

    So now no additional clarification should be needed.
  • Maybe not for you but again I’d like to know the why
  • Kyno
    28683 posts Moderator
    Eric73 wrote: »
    EA high command said they checked with the “team”. Who that is, I don’t know. But not only is the burn glitch continuing, Jango can use conflagration every turn completely destroying relic clones almost immediately. CG_SBCrumb can you please explain why this is not a bug?

    You would need to ask @EA_HIGHCOMMAND, that's what Crumb would do in this scenario.
  • Kyno wrote: »
    Eric73 wrote: »
    EA high command said they checked with the “team”. Who that is, I don’t know. But not only is the burn glitch continuing, Jango can use conflagration every turn completely destroying relic clones almost immediately. CG_SBCrumb can you please explain why this is not a bug?

    You would need to ask @EA_HIGHCOMMAND, that's what Crumb would do in this scenario.

    For why it’s not a bug? Or for who they talked to on the team?
  • Jml727
    106 posts Member
    Eric73 wrote: »
    Maybe not for you but again I’d like to know the why

    I’m with you. I would like to know if this was always intended. Maybe they did something like a bug fix which in turn changed something by mistake. Like that has ever happened?! It might not change the gameplay but admit that this mission will be 100% rng always. Which should never be the case.

  • @EA_HIGHCOMMAND Could you please explain to me why this is not a bug?
  • jkray622
    1636 posts Member
    Eric73 wrote: »
    @EA_HIGHCOMMAND Could you please explain to me why this is not a bug?

    I guess I’ll help, because the response was so long the relevant details may have been buried. k1bh5hvhugbw.jpeg
  • Eric73
    63 posts Member
    That was not helpful at all. That is my post.
  • Eric73
    63 posts Member
    All that says is that it’s working as intended. You’re obviously missing the core concept of my question which is why is that what was intended. Why was Jango changed to have no cooldowns without the community being informed in any way either through a forum post or in game through the geo Tb units screen.
  • Ultra
    7431 posts Member
    Eric73 wrote: »
    All that says is that it’s working as intended. You’re obviously missing the core concept of my question which is why is that what was intended. Why was Jango changed to have no cooldowns without the community being informed in any way either through a forum post or in game through the geo Tb units screen.
    Look at youtube videos of older KAM missions from the first TB to the current one, and you'll notice he always had zero cooldowns. They never make posts about how many cooldowns each unit in PvE has because its a waste of everyone's time
  • jkray622
    1636 posts Member
    Eric73 wrote: »
    All that says is that it’s working as intended. You’re obviously missing the core concept of my question which is why is that what was intended. Why was Jango changed to have no cooldowns without the community being informed in any way either through a forum post or in game through the geo Tb units screen.

    No, I haven't missed your core question. I've answered it already. You are missing the core concept of my answer.

    The studio considers a "bug" to be an unintended interaction or something working counter to the design. In this case, this Jango was designed to have a 0 cooldown on Conflagration. Therefore it is not a bug.

    If the devs answered your question about "why" Conflagration had a 0 cooldown, and told you that they reduced the cooldown to 0 because the mission was too easy otherwise - how would it impact your gameplay? Would you bring a different squad to the battle? Would that insight provide you Tactical information that will increase your effectiveness? ... No. It won't. Therefore, asking for "why" the devs wanted Jango to have no cooldown for Conflagration is irrelevant - the answer changes nothing.
  • Eric73
    63 posts Member
    Things aren’t always about impacting gameplay. It’s about being clear with the community. No where does it say they changed his kit for this Tb. Every unit kits that they’ve changed for a Tb you can easily reference it. This one you cannot. You also seem to be spending a lot of time here if this post is as you claim irrelevant. Let me waste my time then
  • @CG_SBCrumb or @CG_SvenGG.
    Could you please explain how the Kid-Adi-Mundi mission stage designed?

    I assume even If we have all the Team Relic 7 and Superior Mods. (Let's think the best suitable mods for the mission you designed right now)
    I assume we have a chance to lose no matter how well are we playing?

    For example:
    If enemy Jango keep always burn (burn BUG still active for unknown reason).
    and Reek target our Shaakti, Fives etc, (there is a possibility)
    I assume in a really bad scenario like above, our win chance is %0, right?
    If the test team prove there is still a chance to win %0.0...1 (without counting always dodging) please ignore my message.

    But If you accept the above, here the question:
    Is this work as really as intended? (meaning you want some player suffer the RNG?,
    this looks to me like old days some of us getting 4 zeta mat, some of us getting ZERO Zeta mat lol)

    as you know, we are waiting long time for this Challenge, (we have only 1 or 2 try per Month)
    It's not looking a good design structure.
    and when there are some rumors about some of lucky player get double KAM Reward shard bug :)

    So please recheck the game design, because It's really annoying to receive the baddest RNG :)
    I burned x4 times.


    Thanks
  • jkray622
    1636 posts Member
    Eric73 wrote: »
    Things aren’t always about impacting gameplay. It’s about being clear with the community. No where does it say they changed his kit for this Tb. Every unit kits that they’ve changed for a Tb you can easily reference it. This one you cannot. You also seem to be spending a lot of time here if this post is as you claim irrelevant. Let me waste my time then

    It's ever change reflected in their kit description? Are jango's base stats the same? His level? Relic level? Skill damage modifiers?

    Seems like there are many changes that aren't specifically described. It seems that the only reason to be begging for this specific information is some hope they maybe upon a review they'll decide to change it?

    I'd rather the devs spend their time fixing bugs, and coding game changes in a way to reduce/prevent future bugs rather than going back through their historical notes about why they made one decision in the lot design of one NPC.

    But hey - maybe they'll decide answering this question is more important. I could be wrong.
  • Eric73
    63 posts Member
    I wholeheartedly agree I would rather then fix bugs and prevent bugs. But they have shown a track record of being not the greatest on fixing bugs. Missing buttons is still a thing, gas countering when going into cover a bug turned feature, the malak shards fiasco just to name a few.
  • NPC Boss kits are typically different from the units available to the player. It is known.

    When I started this game, one of my first farms was Savage Opress because his Boss kit in the daily challenge was really impressive. How disappointed I was to discover that the kit for the unit I had would never reach that level.
  • jkray622
    1636 posts Member
    Eric73 wrote: »
    I wholeheartedly agree I would rather then fix bugs and prevent bugs. But they have shown a track record of being not the greatest on fixing bugs. Missing buttons is still a thing, gas countering when going into cover a bug turned feature, the malak shards fiasco just to name a few.

    The game has had many bugs and still does. Unfortunately (for them), we have no visibility to the number of bugs that they prevent from ever rolling out of production. We focus on the bugs we see, because we can't respond to the ones we never experience.

    As far as GAS goes, technically the "countering before cover" matches the skill description. It was bugged at release. They fixed the bug, but they didn't communicate that very well, and people were just used to the (bugged) released version. If they had changed the skill description to match his behavior, I'd accept the "bug turned feature" description - but it appears to be an effective bug fix that the team wasn't "given credit for" because some players are unhappy with the (fixed) behavior.
  • Bottom line is this is a trash RNG-fest mission used to cause extreme frustration purchasing (Not that relic 7 everyone will give you a 100% success rate either). I put my best god mods on my team for this and what happens? Right after I took down Jango, Reek took out my Shaak ti, which was "coincidentally" right before she would've been able to clear trample again. After that reek just took down my clones one by one in about 2-3 shots each. And yes, I watched multiple videos on this, did my research, ate my vitamins, etc etc.

    This has been out for a YEAR now and this mission still doesn't have worthwhile success rates, except of course the almighty top 1% guilds. (Oh and the CGDF of course, they all have 100% success rate on this, just ask them...) Seriously CG, why don't you try having your whole staff play this mission once a week for a year just so they can see what we go through. It is utter rubbish.
Sign In or Register to comment.