Rez Hero Poe - new precedent

Prev1
MaruMaru
3338 posts Member
Up until now all event types had all the necessary ingredients map farmable for some period before the event is on. If we are not getting Poe on the map in the next 2 days, this will be a new precedent.

Replies

• Ultra
    11491 posts Moderator
    At least the event won’t be open for a week
  • StarSon
    7428 posts Member
    The events themselves are a precedent, regardless of the requirements. It's not a panic farm, so doesn't really matter that he isn't farmable prior, as long as he is farmable in conjunction.
  • MaruMaru
    3338 posts Member
    It does matter in the way that one side of the GL equation is very much lopsided. Be my guest though, dig your way into the next batch of GLs when we have many toons that are not farmable by defending it.
  • StarSon
    7428 posts Member
    MaruMaru wrote: »
    It does matter in the way that one side of the GL equation is very much lopsided. Be my guest though, dig your way into the next batch of GLs when we have many toons that are not farmable by defending it.

Each side has this issue, so not sure why you think it's one sided. And again, doesn't matter, it's not time limited. Whales will earn tickets tomorrow, most F2P will have to wait at least a few weeks, and the vast majority of the game will have to wait about a year.
  • Carrie said before she left that too many people were getting the latest event characters without spending top dollar.

As she put it their “nesting doll strategy” of having farmable characters released early was easy to decipher.

Solution? Make people pay to enter day1. Carrie told us this was coming before she was shown the door.
  • StarSon
    7428 posts Member
    Carrie said before she left that too many people were getting the latest event characters without spending top dollar.

As she put it their “nesting doll strategy” of having farmable characters released early was easy to decipher.

Solution? Make people pay to enter day1. Carrie told us this was coming before she was shown the door.

None of this is new information. I mean, even after Carrie, they've been very up front about this. We know what the cadence is, and we knew when the event was dropping. I could have told you in January that Poe wouldn't be farmable before the event went live.
  • MaruMaru
    3338 posts Member
    StarSon wrote: »

Each side has this issue, so not sure why you think it's one sided. And again, doesn't matter, it's not time limited. Whales will earn tickets tomorrow, most F2P will have to wait at least a few weeks, and the vast majority of the game will have to wait about a year.

Here's why I think it's lopsided:

Hux & ST: 2020/02/12

Finn: 2020/02/27
    Poe: not yet

15 days difference on Finn and 42+ days on Poe. Is it a deal breaker? Perhaps not. But it's a significant difference no matter how you spin it around.
  • Ultra
    11491 posts Moderator

15 days difference on Finn and 42+ days on Poe. Is it a deal breaker? Perhaps not. But it's a significant difference no matter how you spin it around.
    https://swgohevents.com/marquee

It’s still in-line with the cadence
  • MaruMaru
    3338 posts Member
    Ultra wrote: »

https://swgohevents.com/marquee

It’s still in-line with the cadence

I don't remember the part where I said it broke the cadence.
  • StarSon
    7428 posts Member

What about Finalizer? It has been run two fewer times at the launch of the GL event. And F2P will need, what, 8 runs of each?

So why do you care about a character that will (almost definitely) be farmable at your own pace tomorrow versus a requirement that is farmable only at CG's behest every couple of weeks?
  • MaruMaru
    3338 posts Member

What about Finalizer? It has been run two fewer times at the launch of the GL event. And F2P will need, what, 8 runs of each?

So why do you care about a character that will (almost definitely) be farmable at your own pace tomorrow versus a requirement that is farmable only at CG's behest every couple of weeks?

I think the offset between cap ships is 1 run+6 days. That's approx. 15 shards of difference, or in crystal value 1500 crystals. 15 days+ 42+ days of map farming is way beyond that. Why I care is obvious.

Anyway, that's only half of the story. My main point is we have a first time precedent with this first time event type. Let's not play the fool on next of GLs when CG escalates this further and the new norm becomes "buy shards from the shop".
  • Dark side GL is not as important to beat/score well in DS Geo.
    Light side GL will have a much larger impact on LS Geo. So you pay for the one that more people need/want for that reason alone.

IMO of course.
  • StarSon
    7428 posts Member

I think the offset between cap ships is 1 run+6 days. That's approx. 15 shards of difference, or in crystal value 1500 crystals. 15 days+ 42+ days of map farming is way beyond that. Why I care is obvious.

42 days? What kind of math are you using to determine a 42 day farm when we don't even know where he's going?
  • MaruMaru
    3338 posts Member

42 days? What kind of math are you using to determine a 42 day farm when we don't even know where he's going?

I'm going by the dates on swgoh events. We don't know where he goes, we do know there has been 42 days and counting since the counterpart of him has been on the map.
  • StarSon
    7428 posts Member

I'm going by the dates on swgoh events. We don't know where he goes, we do know there has been 42 days and counting since the counterpart of him has been on the map.

I see. I don't think that's relevant. It's not a panic farm. If you want to earn tickets day 1, spend the cash. If not, get there at a pace with which you are comfortable.
  • MaruMaru
    3338 posts Member
    For example if we put it on map farming terms(ls/ds or ships) for 42 days
    No refreshes: 5*%33=1.65 shards/day ; 69.3 shards
    1 refresh: 138.6 shards
    2 refreshes: 207.9 shards.
  • MaruMaru
    3338 posts Member

I see. I don't think that's relevant. It's not a panic farm. If you want to earn tickets day 1, spend the cash. If not, get there at a pace with which you are comfortable.

So do we agree that pace is visibly different for Kylo and Rey and finaliser offset isn't anywhere significant enough compared to farming time differences?
  • Ultra
    11491 posts Moderator
    I think Poe is a panic farm if you are going for Rey on day 1 but there is no need to panic farm him unless you have all the other 12 pre-requisites completed and all his gear farmed.

It’ll take a long time to gear him to g13 given how heavy he is with bottlenecks (150 furnaces, a lot of kyrotechs etc). No point in speeding up his promotion if it’ll still take you days or weeks to gear him and everyone else up after promoting him to 7 stars
  • StarSon
    7428 posts Member

So do we agree that pace is visibly different for Kylo and Rey and finaliser offset isn't anywhere significant enough compared to farming time differences?

No, not really. Each has two marquees to farm. Since Res only dropped 1 so far, you just double up on it instead of doing 2 at once.
  • MaruMaru
    3338 posts Member
    Ultra wrote: »
    I think Poe is a panic farm if you are going for Rey on day 1 but there is no need to panic farm him unless you have all the other 12 pre-requisites completed and all his gear farmed.

It’ll take a long time to gear him to g13 given how heavy he is with bottlenecks (150 furnaces, a lot of kyrotechs etc). No point in speeding up his promotion if it’ll still take you days or weeks to gear him and everyone else up after promoting him to 7 stars

I'm f2p, yet even at my pace the gear reqs will have evaporated long before I get the shards.
  • Gifafi
    6017 posts Member
    Carrie said before she left that too many people were getting the latest event characters without spending top dollar.

link?
    Maybe End Game isn't for you
  • MaruMaru
    3338 posts Member

No, not really. Each has two marquees to farm. Since Res only dropped 1 so far, you just double up on it instead of doing 2 at once.

Lol, how do I double up when I do it at 2 refreshes already? If poe was also farmable I would be doing it at 2 node refreshes (or use my 3 cantina refreshes there). 3 node refreshes makes it more expensive than shop shards. So what you are writing off only applies to a certain subset of players which are not hurrying anyway.
  • StarSon
    7428 posts Member
    Gifafi wrote: »

link?

Pretty sure he's referencing the infamous "tip of the spear" thread, where she said they expected everyone to spend $5,000 on the game.
  • StarSon wrote: »

link?

Pretty sure he's referencing the infamous "tip of the spear" thread, where she said they expected everyone to spend $5,000 on the game.

Except thats not what she said.
  • Gifafi
    6017 posts Member
    edited March 2020

link?

lol I'll take a link to that too, bc:

link?

• StarSon
    7428 posts Member
    edited March 2020

link?

lol I'll take a link to that too, bc:

link?

I don't understand how Twitter works, but here's the "tip of the spear" tweet, which was in response to someone asking if they expect everyone to spend $5,000 on the game:

The question appears to be missing because the account that asked it is suspended? idk.

There was a reddit thread that I can't find, but if you can get her user id from there you can probably find it.

Edit: here is a reddit thread with an image of the 'nesting doll' tweet: https://www.reddit.com/r/SWGalaxyOfHeroes/comments/bee5ne/carrie_explains_the_reasoning_for_a_days_notice/
  • Gifafi
    6017 posts Member
    that's not the question that was asked. which is the point
  • Jenjhys
    272 posts Member
    pay to play
  • StarSon
    7428 posts Member
    that's not the question that was asked. which is the point

What was the question?