2Next

Replies

• TVF
    36577 posts Member
    Ultra wrote: »
    MaruMaru wrote: »
    StarSon wrote: »
    MaruMaru wrote: »
    It does matter in the way that one side of the GL equation is very much lopsided. Be my guest though, dig your way into the next batch of GLs when we have many toons that are not farmable by defending it.

Each side has this issue, so not sure why you think it's one sided. And again, doesn't matter, it's not time limited. Whales will earn tickets tomorrow, most F2P will have to wait at least a few weeks, and the vast majority of the game will have to wait about a year.

Here's why I think it's lopsided:

Hux & ST: 2020/02/12

Finn: 2020/02/27
    Poe: not yet

15 days difference on Finn and 42+ days on Poe. Is it a deal breaker? Perhaps not. But it's a significant difference no matter how you spin it around.
    https://swgohevents.com/marquee

It’s still in-line with the cadence

The two FO were weeks early. The whole thing is baffling frankly. Just like my fase.
    I need a new message here. https://discord.gg/AmStGTH
  • Gifafi
    6017 posts Member
    Gifafi wrote: »
    that's not the question that was asked. which is the point

What was the question?

iirc something like how much someone would be expected to spend to completely catch up to the meta at the time, and this was before the hyperdrive pack was a thing. So, like: you expect someone just starting to spend 5k to catch up and get (whatever the new meta was att)?

In other words, she was saying that for someone to drop into the game and expect to skip all the work we had been doing for years to get to the point where they could unlock the new meta (probably drev? idk) they would expect to pay around 5k.

Ever since, people have been going nuts saying "ermagerd carrie expects everyone to pay 5k to have the meta" which is just absolutely not at all what was said or implied. iirc
    Maybe End Game isn't for you
  • I really hope swgoh events is not correct on this one.... at this rate the kylos will be cb'ing arena before the rey's are even collecting tickets.
  • You could just whale harder though.
  • NicWester
    8928 posts Member
    Carrie said before she left that too many people were getting the latest event characters without spending top dollar.

No she didn't.
    Ceterum censeo Patientia esse meliat.
  • JacenRoe
    3016 posts Member
    Yes. This is unprecedented. Every special event character has had the required characters F2P farmable for a brief period of time before the event drops. This is new territory.

And it’s a massive difference. Just because the event is open all the time doesn’t negate that. Some people will be ready day one. They will start farming immediately. Others (like me) will be able to have EVERYTHING for Rey completely F2P... except for RePoe. And I will be weeks or months behind getting Poe. That will make a difference in arena.

Acknowledging that isn’t a complaint. It’s just factually accurate to say. It’s the new way things are. It went from possible but extremely difficult for some long time F2P to keep up with whales on these events to being completely impossible to keep pace without money. That was the goal I think.
  • TVF
    36577 posts Member
    I guess Daka could rez Hero Poe but she's better with other NS.
    I need a new message here. https://discord.gg/AmStGTH
  • CosmicJ
    348 posts Member
    Not completely impossible if you had a monumental hoard to shipment farm poe, sure... so yeah, for that one guy that will inevitably chime in and say "I'm ready for rey day 1 completely f2p" - good on you buddy.
  • StarSon
    7427 posts Member
    CosmicJ wrote: »
    Not completely impossible if you had a monumental hoard to shipment farm poe, sure... so yeah, for that one guy that will inevitably chime in and say "I'm ready for rey day 1 completely f2p" - good on you buddy.

TIL that 22k crystals is a 'monumental' hoard.
  • Something to keep in mind, this event requires tickets to play. Tickets that will probably have a daily limit, like raid tickets. And you don’t need ALL of the requirements to start collecting tickets. So as long as you are making sure you have the next set of requirements done before you finish all tiers with one set, you will get your GL in the same amount of time. We’ll know soon enough how long it will be to do this, but I expect it will at least be on the order of weeks, if not months, which will give you some time to catch up with those later requirements. I don’t think this event is designed for it to be possible for anyone to get a character on day 1.
  • StarSon
    7427 posts Member
    And you don’t need ALL of the requirements to start collecting tickets.

This is completely false. You don't earn any tickets until you get all requirements for a GL. Once you have all 13 for Rey, you can earn Rey tickets; ditto for Kylo.
  • Gifafi
    6017 posts Member

This is completely false. You don't earn any tickets until you get all requirements for a GL. Once you have all 13 for Rey, you can earn Rey tickets; ditto for Kylo.

this.
    Maybe End Game isn't for you
  • JacenRoe
    3016 posts Member
    Something to keep in mind, this event requires tickets to play. Tickets that will probably have a daily limit, like raid tickets. And you don’t need ALL of the requirements to start collecting tickets. So as long as you are making sure you have the next set of requirements done before you finish all tiers with one set, you will get your GL in the same amount of time. We’ll know soon enough how long it will be to do this, but I expect it will at least be on the order of weeks, if not months, which will give you some time to catch up with those later requirements. I don’t think this event is designed for it to be possible for anyone to get a character on day 1.

Nobody will get it on day one. Some will START getting it on day one. If you have to wait a month to start you are still a month behind, and you will still be facing GL characters in arena for a month. There is no mysterious catching up that magically happens.
  • JacenRoe wrote: »
    Something to keep in mind, this event requires tickets to play. Tickets that will probably have a daily limit, like raid tickets. And you don’t need ALL of the requirements to start collecting tickets. So as long as you are making sure you have the next set of requirements done before you finish all tiers with one set, you will get your GL in the same amount of time. We’ll know soon enough how long it will be to do this, but I expect it will at least be on the order of weeks, if not months, which will give you some time to catch up with those later requirements. I don’t think this event is designed for it to be possible for anyone to get a character on day 1.

Nobody will get it on day one. Some will START getting it on day one. If you have to wait a month to start you are still a month behind, and you will still be facing GL characters in arena for a month. There is no mysterious catching up that magically happens.

The only hope is the event is insanely hard and it takes a month for someone to work it how to beat it (Ie burning their tickets trying)

Then in a month a strategy guide comes up and away we go
  • StarSon
    7427 posts Member
    JacenRoe wrote: »

The only hope is the event is insanely hard and it takes a month for someone to work it how to beat it (Ie burning their tickets trying)

Then in a month a strategy guide comes up and away we go

They've said it won't be that hard.
  • cool job cg
    good thing they eased the panic farm with revealing the requirements 4 months in advance just to put poe on a hardnode as the event start :wink:
    i guess the money went into their heads now and they got completely insane
  • MaruMaru
    3338 posts Member
    So now we have the final toll.

15 days difference on Finn and 44 days difference on Poe with the only offset being 1 event+6 days on Finaliser.
  • StarSon wrote: »

Well, f. I think I read that you didn’t need to beat all the different battles to unlock the toons, and assumed that meant you didn’t have to be eligible for all the different battles. That’s what I get for being an optimist...