Why the new Galactic Legends make no sense

mInEcRaFtEr0617
218 posts Member
edited March 2020
Finding out that Rey and Kylo Ren were EA's picks for the new Galactic Legend characters, I was shocked. Neither Rey nor Kylo Ren were significant in the galaxy's history, or at least compared to ACTUAL legends like Anakin Skywalker, Luke Skywalker, Yoda, Darth Bane, Darth Sidious, etc etc.

- Rey and Kylo Ren's force powers were literally nothing compared to that of Anakin Skywalker, who is the literal Chosen One. Speaking of which, Anakin's legacy and accomplishments make both Rey's and Kylo Ren's look like nothing. Anakin, who caused the fall of both the Jedi Order and the Sith Order, who brought balance to the force, and who was also one of the best pilots in the entire galaxy, was WAY more significant in Galactic History than Rey and Kylo Ren.

- Or maybe take Darth Sidious for that matter. He literally caused an entire war in which he secretly orchestrated both sides of, and even managed to hide in plain sight for well over a decade from the Jedi, including Grandmaster Yoda. Then, after pulling the strings behind many events leading to and during the Clone Wars, he caused the destruction of the Jedi Order and almost all of those who were a part of it. He managed to do that while still holding the public's favor, even to the point where the Republic's senate was fully on-board with him promoting himself from Chancellor to Emperor, effectively abolishing the Republic. Kylo Ren, on the other hand, claimed the title as Supreme Leader of the First Order, only to discover it had all been a test and the Sith Eternal were really the leaders of the First Order.

- Or maybe even Luke Skywalker, and no, I do not mean Rian Johnson's horrible interpretation of the character in The Last Jedi. That pathetic old man is not the real Luke. I am talking about the Luke Skywalker from the original films, who managed to destroy the first Death Star, resist the temptations of joining the dark side that even his father the Chosen One could not, and turn Darth Vader back from the dark side.

- Or maybe Grandmaster Yoda, the most powerful member of and leader of the Jedi Order, which stood for over a thousand years until it was destroyed by Darth Sidious's schemes. His wisdom and force power were tremendous, and the only one who even slightly stronger with the force than Yoda during his lifetime was the Sith lord Darth Sidious. Yoda could even block Sidious's force lightning with his bare hands. He could have easily be one of the most powerful Jedi in galactic history (and no Rey isn't even close to being one of them).

- Or Darth Bane, who reforged the Sith Empire into the Sith Order by instating the Rule of Two that kept the Sith Order alive and well for many years. By doing so, the Sith henceforth operated in secret as well, working in the shadows in order to prevent the Jedi from destroying them. This secrecy was exactly what allowed Darth Sidious to destroy the Jedi Order.

And what did Rey do? Wave her lightsaber around on an island for a minute like a child playing with a plastic lightsaber in their backyard. Then, she was suddenly a master of both the force and with a lightsaber, which was DEFINITELY not just terrible writing by Rian Johnson [sarcasm]. She managed to kill Sidious, but only with the help of the spirits of EVERY SINGLE Jedi to ever exist. Her force powers? Nothing compared to any of the characters that I have mentioned above. Nothing special at all. Just an overpowered character created by a bad writer who doesn't understand that Jedi training is a thing.

What did Kylo Ren do? He lashed out like a child with his lightsaber at literally everyone in his path. Pathetic. He had some decent force strength, but nothing compared to force users like Luke Skywalker, Anakin Skywalker, Grandmaster Yoda, Darth Bane, Darth Sidious, etc.

In summary:

Neither Kylo Ren nor Rey are anything special at all, and do not in the slightest deserve to be the most powerful characters in this game.
Post edited by mInEcRaFtEr0617 on

Replies

• Options
    Look, it's not too late. EA, just remove the GL Rey and GL Kylo game-files from wherever they are stored and delete them without hesitation. Or maybe re-skin and re-name them to a character who is ACTUALLY a Galactic Legend.
  • Options
    They are the two main characters in the most recent trilogy, that is why. Its the same reason our 4 Hero's journey events are the OT main character, the ST main character, and 2 versions of the main character in the most popular game series in SW. Also why our 2 Epic confrontations are the main character from the PT, and another major character from the previously mentioned game series.

This game does not care about power in the lore when determining game power.
    Looking for a new guild? Come check out the Underworld Alliance on Discord:https://discord.gg/wvrYb4Q
  • mInEcRaFtEr0617
    218 posts Member
    edited March 2020
    Options
    They are the two main characters in the most recent trilogy, that is why. Its the same reason our 4 Hero's journey events are the OT main character, the ST main character, and 2 versions of the main character in the most popular game series in SW. Also why our 2 Epic confrontations are the main character from the PT, and another major character from the previously mentioned game series.

Also can you specify these abbreviations? I am kinda new to this forum and I do not know what they mean.

-OT
    -ST
    -PT

I already know what SW is, Star Wars, so please don't think that I am stupid or something.
  • Options

The most popular game serious? Oh, you must mean the Old Republic series, as in the one where Revan is the main character? Oh wait, you must mean some random PS4 game where Rey and Kylo are the main characters...

Also can you specify these abbreviations? I am kinda new to this forum and I do not know what they mean.

-OT
    -ST
    -PT

I already know what SW is, Star Wars, so please don't think that I am stupid or something.

Yes, the Knights of the Old Republic brought us the Revans and Malak, the Original Trilogy brought us Luke, the Prequel Trilogy brought us General Anakin Skywalker, and the Sequel Trilogy brought us Jedi Training Rey and the Galactic Legends
    Looking for a new guild? Come check out the Underworld Alliance on Discord:https://discord.gg/wvrYb4Q
  • Options

The most popular game serious? Oh, you must mean the Old Republic series, as in the one where Revan is the main character? Oh wait, you must mean some random PS4 game where Rey and Kylo are the main characters...

-OT
    -ST
    -PT

Yes, the Knights of the Old Republic brought us the Revans and Malak, the Original Trilogy brought us Luke, the Prequel Trilogy brought us General Anakin Skywalker, and the Sequel Trilogy brought us Jedi Training Rey and the Galactic Legends

Ohhhhh I understand you now. But look, if the developers are going to add GL into the game, effectively the most powerful type of character by far, then they could at least choose some characters that are ACTUALLY Galactic Legends. Not two characters who are just products of Disney trying to make as much money as possible out of the Star Wars fanbase.
  • mInEcRaFtEr0617
    218 posts Member
    edited March 2020
    Options
    Sebek wrote: »

-OT
    -ST
    -PT

Ohhhhh I understand you now. But look, if the developers are going to add GL into the game, effectively the most powerful type of character by far, then they could at least choose some characters that are ACTUALLY Galactic Legends. Not two characters who are just products of Disney trying to make as much money as possible out of the Star Wars fanbase.

Rey is Powerful, same for Kylo. Also because of IX Episode that dropped(Which i Loved 11/10).

Rey and Kylo were powerful yes, unless they are compared to the people i mentioned in my title post for this thread (idk what you ppl call it here... o.p., title post, etc etc).

Also I did enjoy episode IX a lot, but it wasn't really an 11/10 movie. The dialogue was very reminiscent of the poor acting in the prequels (especially the characters Finn and Poe). There were also a few plot holes, such as how the emperor somehow made it out of the death-star (or how his corpse was dragged out by the Sith eternal) before the Death Star exploded just minutes later.

I did enjoy the multiple "f-you's" that J. J. Abrams threw at The Last Jedi and its director Rian Johnson, such as when force ghost Luke caught his father's lightsaber (Rey threw it at her burning ship in anger) and said "A Jedi's weapon deserves more respect". Abrams basically did this to show how stupid Rian Johnson's version of Luke was in the 8th movie, especially how Luke just threw away his father's lightsaber like trash in the beginning of the 8th movie...

Speaking of which, in my opinion most of the plotholes in the 9th film were almost completely because of how badly Rian Johnson ruined the Sequel trilogy with the 8th film. Given that, I am choosing to ignore the majority of the plotholes in the 9th film when I say it was probably a 7/10 to 8/10.

My biggest problem was how stupid Palpatine's death was. It was just a copy of Endgame. Instead of "I am inevitable" and then "...and I am Iron Man" followed immediately by Thanos's death, there was "I am all the Sith" and then "...and I am all the Jedi" followed immediately by Palpatine's death. Why even bring him back just to kill him off again before he even does anything? There was no point to the movie...
  • Options

-OT
    -ST
    -PT

Rey is Powerful, same for Kylo. Also because of IX Episode that dropped(Which i Loved 11/10).

Rey and Kylo were powerful yes, unless they are compared to the people i mentioned in my title post for this thread (idk what you ppl call it here... o.p., title post, etc etc).

Also I did enjoy episode IX a lot, but it wasn't really an 11/10 movie. The dialogue was very reminiscent of the poor acting in the prequels (especially the characters Finn and Poe). There were also a few plot holes, such as how the emperor somehow made it out of the death-star (or how his corpse was dragged out by the Sith eternal) before the Death Star exploded just minutes later.

I did enjoy the multiple "f-you's" that J. J. Abrams threw at The Last Jedi and its director Rian Johnson, such as when force ghost Luke caught his father's lightsaber (Rey threw it at her burning ship in anger) and said "A Jedi's weapon deserves more respect". Abrams basically did this to show how stupid Rian Johnson's version of Luke was in the 8th movie, especially how Luke just threw away his father's lightsaber like trash in the beginning of the 8th movie...

Speaking of which, in my opinion most of the plotholes in the 9th film were almost completely because of how badly Rian Johnson ruined the Sequel trilogy with the 8th film. Given that, I am choosing to ignore the majority of the plotholes in the 9th film when I say it was probably a 7/10 to 8/10.

My biggest problem was how stupid Palpatine's death was. It was just a copy of Endgame. Instead of "I am inevitable" and then "...and I am Iron Man" followed immediately by Thanos's death, there was "I am all the Sith" and then "...and I am all the Jedi" followed immediately by Palpatine's death. Why even bring him back just to kill him off again before he even does anything? There was no point to the movie...

Oh also It's called opinion, You hate Sequels, Fair Enough, I Love it. 50% Love It, 50% Hate It. Also Palpatine is a Clone in the IX Episode.

Oh he's a clone? That would explain a lot. Wish they mentioned it in the movies so things made a bit more sense.
  • Options
    Welp. They are in the game. Once they start finding their way into Squads, this game will be officially broken because of overpowered mechanics given to generic characters
  • Options
    Can’t forget all the old republic legends. Revan, vitiate, Nihilus. I mean hell, Revan would probably beat every character you named with not much issue. Other than maybe anakin.
  • mInEcRaFtEr0617
    218 posts Member
    edited April 2020
    Options
    ZAP wrote: »
    Welp. They are in the game. Once they start finding their way into Squads, this game will be officially broken because of overpowered mechanics given to generic characters

You may not like them, you may think that past characters in the franchise are more powerful or more significant to the history of the Skywalker storyline, but to say Rey and Kylo are generic doesn’t make sense.
    a) Rey didnt grow a bit in power after the 7th film. She was just op at the start of the eighth. We didnt even see her do any actual training on-screen in any of the films.

b) Rey had 0 character growth throughout the films.

c) Kylo only had character growth in the 9th film. I did like that movie a lot though, as it was a huge step up from Rian Johnson’s trash (8th film).

And “think”? Characters like Yoda, Palpatine, Luke, and Anakin ARE more powerful than both Rey and Kylo combined.

They are far more significant in Star Wars history than Rey and Kylo as well. All Rey and Kylo did was kill a sith only brought back to give the 9th film a story line. Plus Rey only beat Palpatine with the help of every Jedi who ever existed.