How to beat a lone Malak?

Moorebid
293 posts Member
edited March 25
So in GAC, I just took on a R6 DR/Malak team with Padmé. They're all dead except for Malak himself.
How do I beat him without having to use all my teams?

Replies

• CLS?
  • Thought about that, but I tried that before and it didn't end well for me lol.
    I've looked it up, and all of the "counters" are in defense: KRU, Zavage, ...
    I could of course bring in my complete JKR team and hope for the best?
  • Thrawn. The answer involves Thrawn.
    Participation trophy? No. You want something: earn it.
  • Stick
    630 posts Member
    Thrawn and cls team could work for sure , kylo ren unmasked works well.

Depends how good yours are. I use luke , han, chewie wedge and Biggs.

Stun with Han , remove all turn meter with Luke , time Malak getting out of stun with chewie stun. Then I use the triple shot from Biggs.
  • Ewoks can kill a R7 Malak. They only need to be gear 11
  • Just for future reference, I did it (easily) with CLS, RHan, Chewie, Thrawn and Finn. A lot of stuns, he didn't get a turn.
  • Arneth2 wrote: »
    Ewoks can kill a R7 Malak. They only need to be gear 11

They we're in defence, together with FO
  • Rath_Tarr
    2863 posts Member
    edited March 26
    Moorebid wrote: »
    Just for future reference, I did it (easily) with CLS, RHan, Chewie, Thrawn and Finn. A lot of stuns, he didn't get a turn.
    Yup, stun-lock and nuke, nothing fancy. I've done it with Wiggs and some support before though not vs a relic'd Malak.
  • Jarvind
    3424 posts Member
    edited March 26
    I can tell you that Nihilus is a bad idea, because his stupid unique will keep putting dots on Malak and causing him to get feared.

Why no, I'm not bitter about having learned this the hard way, why do you ask
    u58t4vkrvnrz.png

• Mephisto_style
    3891 posts Member
    edited March 26
    My R7 Han Solo solos Malaks when it comes down to the 2 of them. He's part of my arena team though, so my mods are tight on him. Most people I fight in GAC don't put DR/Malak on defense. Kinda funny to if they did they would beat me. Hmmm, now that I think about it, maybe R7 Han Solo isn't good at Malak 1v1 if what I am seeing is that of the DR Malak teams I can beat with my CLS team, my Han Solo takes out Malak. That is probably preventing me from seeing the Malaks Han can't take out.
    Try and get 3 stacks of confuse on Malak 1st either way
  • Most people I fight in GAC don't put DR/Malak on defense. Kinda funny to if they did they would beat me.

Lucky you. I've been battling a wave of opponents with both Revans on D and it's kind of a dealbreaker for me.

• Stun, shock, heal block seem to work pretty well. Unless Malak has an ultra-high tenacity build, of course. I ran into one with 170%+ tenacity, it didn't go well.
  • Thrawn L and a couple of other Empire toons. Key is to control TM, so that Malak is either fractured, or about to be fractured. DT and Shore are my preferred two. (so fracture Malak, do your damage, and when it's Thrawn's turn again use his L ability and 2nd special (TM swap) to make sure the next hit on Malak is fracture).
    #CloneHelmets4Life...VICTORY!!!! :smiley: "I don't like sand. It's coarse and rough and irritating and it gets everywhere." The more you tighten your grip, CG/EA, the more whales will slip through your fingers (and go F2P or quit).
  • Dwinkelm
    569 posts Member
    edited March 27
    Han Solo + Savage Opress, gear level doesn’t even matter.

This works assuming you left Malak in the “yellow” health, or can get him there with one attack from Han.

Han shoots first, stuns Malak, then SA uses Overpower special and go SMASH. ByeBye Malak. Works every time.
  • MomoTheNinja
    96 posts Member
    edited March 27
    The two kylos also work well. Kylo has healing immunity on his basic, KRU has tenacity down and a two turn stun, both take reduced damage from drain life. Dooku can also help, with shock and stun. I always look for healing immunity and stuns to take out lone malaks.

Edit: another team I use is Maul, Savage, Sideous, Dooku, and sith assassin.
  • Arneth2 wrote: »
    Ewoks can kill a R7 Malak. They only need to be gear 11

• TVF
    21367 posts Member
    I have literally never seen a "G13 Malak team" with L3 until now.
    TVF's guild is recruiting. Say hi in our Discord! https://discord.gg/AmStGTH
  • Gifafi
    3561 posts Member
    "g13 with a few relics and g12 L3, to kill synergy, team"*
  • mikk207
    122 posts Member

some rng may be involved, but until now it worked for me.

you have to evaluate if probe can take malak below 50% health and you need
    a lot of poteny on sid to have a better chance on inflicting healing immunity