Galactic Legends Criticism [MERGE]

Replies

• TVF
    36527 posts Member
    How long will you keep the silence up CG? At this point, it’s clear you don’t care one single bit about this player base. Right now the forums are more entertaining than your game is. Shame on you.

Hello Holotable Hero. We hope you are enjoying the new Galactic Legends. If not, keep working on the requirements!
    I need a new message here. https://discord.gg/AmStGTH
  • GarthOneEye
    4 posts Member
    edited April 2020
    For the hardest, biggest pay wall, and most hyped Toons CG has ever promoted. You guys totally missed the mark.
    You allow GAS to just roll over Kylo in arena with next to no issues. You allow GL Rey to power roll him.
    You guys had months! Many many months to make GL crazy good. And you just dropped the ball.
    I mean even DR is rolling ever Rey, Ben worse Zzep teams.
    GL Kylo or Rey, for what it takes to unlock them, they should just steam roll everything. And they should counter each other.
    But………they don’t.
    Just don’t know what you guys were thinking.
    It’s like you guys just gave up. Same fir the Events to unlock them. You made the first 3 tiers then were like “well, we are done!. Time to move on. Just turn up difficulty meter on tier4-6 and call it a day”!
  • TVF
    36527 posts Member
    Somebody watched a few videos.
  • Ultra
    11454 posts Moderator
    TVF wrote: »
    How long will you keep the silence up CG? At this point, it’s clear you don’t care one single bit about this player base. Right now the forums are more entertaining than your game is. Shame on you.

Hello Holotable Hero. We hope you are enjoying the new Galactic Legends. If not, keep working on the requirements!
    There should be a CG Communications thread that is locked and they need a CG_Bot to automate this response every 24 hours
  • Lysandrax
    1127 posts Member
    Ultra wrote: »
    TVF wrote: »

There should be a CG Communications thread that is locked and they need a CG_Bot to automate this response every 24 hours

There should be a Dev tracker that doesn't go 3 months without updates...
  • My personal complaint was never the characters. Some will always be more powerful than others and some more utility.

My complaint was the event itself and these damnable tokens.

Perhaps some of the blame is my own as I expected something along the lines of luke's hero journey and never thought that the tokens would be an item dropped by rng like gear.

Expectations aren't always a great tool to measure reality by. But I still think that this whole thing was put together in a very shoddy manner. There's so much story they could have incorporated from the force awakens to the rise of skywalker. And we got to play the same lazy levels ad nauseum.

Surely someone at the studio realized how this was going to be received? I know we don't exactly have a great track record of calmness on the forums but I firmly believe that any players who would have seen this before release would have had so many better ideas than what we got.

And that's the great shame of this. Something with so much potential and it was frittered away. I know they'll never rework the event but I really hope that for the future they put effort into the levels and storytelling at leqst
  • ShaggyB
    2390 posts Member
    edited April 2020
    For the hardest, biggest pay wall, and most hyped Toons CG has ever promoted. You guys totally missed the mark.
    You allow GAS to just roll over Kylo in arena with next to no issues. You allow GL Rey to power roll him.
    You guys had months! Many many months to make GL crazy good. And you just dropped the ball.
    GL Kylo or Rey, for what it takes to unlock them, they should just steam roll everything. And they should counter each other.
    But………they don’t.
    It’s like you guys just gave up. Same fir the Events to unlock them. You made the first 3 tiers then were like “well, we are done!. Time to move on. Just turn up difficulty meter on tier4-6 and call it a day”!

What are you talking about? My kylo team beats rey and gas. Now its not a first order team but its a glkylo and it steam rolls everything.

Now the best rey team isnt a full resistance team either so...

Do you have kylo? What relic are you at?
  • LordDirt
    4941 posts Member
    What team are you using?
    Why wasn't Cobb Vanth shards a reward for the Krayt Dragon raid? Why wasn't Endor Gear Luke shards a reward for the Speeder Bike raid?
  • MaruMaru
    3338 posts Member
    ShaggyB wrote: »
    But………they don’t.

What are you talking about? My kylo team beats rey and gas. Now its not a first order team but its a glkylo and it steam rolls everything.

What's the best Rey team? Trying to gauge my options.
  • Jeez, this makes me very sad. I'm a mid level player, I'm only just getting to the revans in terms of collection, but boy am I worried about the future of this game. Game which I love btw, it's a frickin cool star wars game, I love it even if I'm bored in-game very often and playing on 2 accounts no less.

These Galactic Ascension events clearly prove that whoever designed legendary events, epic confrontations, or anything else in matter, is long gone, substituted with people obviously unfit in terms of creativity, design skills or even logical thinking. Could they have expected any other result than a backlash? To me it seems like there is no one who actually cares. Just of the top of my head i could come up with 8 really cool battles, no rock paper scissors, battles that really represent the movies and actually use the characters, that you, poor whales, through this event transformed into krakens, had to grind to.

It seems like between giving reqs and actual event whole team was fired, the project scraped, junior designers promoted to churn out this event in under 3 weeks.

I used to spend in this game moderately, I even bought the hyperdrive bundle, being the best deal in the history of this game, but this strategy of making new content(let's face it, new toons are clearly considered content in the eyes of CG) only for the endest of endgames and then placing it behind what should be considered one of the biggest paywalls in gaming history, is really appalling. This surely made me pledge to myself to never give them another cent, good strategy guys!

So from this development I'm expecting that in 5 months we'll get galactic legend mandalorian who will require 5 relic 5 jawas and relic 7 ugnaght among others
    And galactic legend moff gideon, relic 7 gar saxon and imperial probe droid, relic 7 imp troopers and relic 5 bike trooper, who will be released a week before as, you guessed it, marquee character. And so on...
  • ShaggyB wrote: »
    But………they don’t.

I do and he is still not even 3rd best team in arena. The event and ticket method is trash. Tier 6 is pretty much impossible unless you relic 7 everything and hope you beat it. My main issue is the whole ticket system. They should just drop it and refund everyone who spend tickets with some crystals. mojmmj8oaj1b.jpg
  • Foxer
    461 posts Member
    mazewindoo wrote: »
    But………they don’t.

I do and he is still not even 3rd best team in arena. The event and ticket method is trash. Tier 6 is pretty much impossible unless you relic 7 everything and hope you beat it. My main issue is the whole ticket system. They should just drop it and refund everyone who spend tickets with some crystals. mojmmj8oaj1b.jpg

Hey I’m not defending anything in this but if you need help with tier 6 Bulldog1205 is awesome and has a winning formula at base levels, mods need to be moved and a base strategy but the same lineup works great in arena as well so it’s win/win... again not defending just unlike others on here I don’t want guys banging their heads on the wall and losing tickets for no reason!
  • ShaggyB
    2390 posts Member
    I wont defend the tickets. Thats bad design. Combine that with 10 wins needed and its painful

That said.... i can take 1st any day in my shard. Its not unbeatable but i beat gas with ease. I beat rey teams without much trouble.... ive not seen another kylo
  • mazewindoo wrote: »
    But………they don’t.

The ticket system is horrible, but if you think GL Kylo is the third best arena team, you're playing wrong. Try Hux lead, KRU, DR, malak and GAS cannot beat you.
  • Glad to know there are some GL counters surfacing that don’t contain a GL. Thanks, community!
  • WulW
    30 posts Member
    raybron99 wrote: »
    mazewindoo wrote: »
    But………they don’t.

The ticket system is horrible, but if you think GL Kylo is the third best arena team, you're playing wrong. Try Hux lead, KRU, DR, malak and GAS cannot beat you.

actually he can, very easy... i could even say 100% win ratio lol
    right kill order, its all you need.
    So from this development I'm expecting that in 5 months we'll get galactic legend mandalorian who will require 5 relic 5 jawas and relic 7 ugnaght among others
    And galactic legend moff gideon, relic 7 gar saxon and imperial probe droid, relic 7 imp troopers and relic 5 bike trooper, who will be released a week before as, you guessed it, marquee character. And so on...

Hmm... is this prophetic? Now we know there is the Mandalorian. Maybe...

You alao forgot Tuskens! Tuskens meta! Yeah baby.
  • It looks like some bad tuning is going on with these updates, was clearing Rey tier 2 no problem 3 stars, I’m on 3 out of 4, now my team hardly gets a go, 2 fails in a row since the last client update nothing has changed on my squad, so yet more wasted tickets,, more disappointment for this **** event, this event is just an absolute joke...

Listen to your Customers if you want to keep any, I will be contacting Apple for a refund, until CG gets their act together, this is nothing more than a fixed game mode to dupe players in to spending more crystals, no value or fun in this trash, I’m so bored of this nonsense....

Also No comments on the clear disappointment or willingness to accept this was an epic failure.....

Back to my PS4 to play something enjoyable and isn’t a Ponzi scheme in disguise...
  • This thread is too massive to read through the banter, but if anyone from CG is reading this... why is tier 1 of GL Kylo so difficult? I wasn’t expecting them to just give away GL Kylo but I have waisted so many dark side shards because of the RNG behind landing stuns and or crits before they destroy my team. It baffles me that this tuning went live.

Before anyone says anything, yes I have seen some guides.
  • LordDirt
    4941 posts Member
    The GL Kylo event is definitely harder than it needs to be and more difficult than GL Reys.
    Why wasn't Cobb Vanth shards a reward for the Krayt Dragon raid? Why wasn't Endor Gear Luke shards a reward for the Speeder Bike raid?
  • TVF
    36527 posts Member
    LordDirt wrote: »
    The GL Kylo event is definitely harder than it needs to be and more difficult than GL Reys.

We got an easier event, you got every toon released on a node ahead of time.
  • TVF
    36527 posts Member
    Boofnasty wrote: »
    It baffles me that this tuning went live.

You wanted them to test it specifically for your ability?
  • WulW
    30 posts Member
    edited April 2020
    i'll say more, Kylo in full FO team (including recommended) is UNABLE to beat ANY GAS/501 team.

Doesnt matter what composition you will use, doesnt matter what mods/relics you have.
    Moment when Gas is alone on the battlefield = it is the moment when Kylo and whole his team die. 5v1 = 0 chance...

add 0 possibility to gain legendary zeta by Kylo (since HUX nerf, CG also manipulated stacks gained by Kylo, since then noone on my shard, or any of my guild mates shards was able to accompish even one attepntd - by the way, tip gived by CG is like a BIG joke), and you receive totaly worthless character with insane requirements.

Yes i have Kylo, and yes he is worthless.
  • TVF
    36527 posts Member
    edited April 2020
    You are doing something wrong.

EDIT: Which might be the fact that you are using a full FO team. He's not worthless just because you're using him wrong.