Galactic Legends Criticism [MERGE]

Replies

• Dang, what a slam
  • Gifafi
    6017 posts Member
    ZAP wrote: »
    Lysandrax wrote: »
    Ultra wrote: »
    Oh look, you’ve just got rid of a GL Rey counter... congratulations cg 👍 god forbid anyone not using a GL team on it
    Smarter AI is always good. It means your teams on defense can’t be cheesed

Unilaterally smart AI is a good thing. Specifically smarter, just for the fancy new toon is not a good thing. It undermines the game.

Do you realize who funds this game?

Relevance to this issue?
    Maybe End Game isn't for you
  • MaruMaru
    3338 posts Member
    Iy4oy4s wrote: »
    Two things I would like to see is a rework of the toons that were required and are subpar and the "duel" tier to cost ZERO tickets. Tickets are already garbage, so making us spend these tickets on the "duel" is insulting.

Yeah, I thought reworks to some degree was warranted given past faction needs that were similar.
  • Gifafi
    6017 posts Member
    Gifafi wrote: »
    Lysandrax wrote: »
    Oh look, you’ve just got rid of a GL Rey counter... congratulations cg 👍 god forbid anyone not using a GL team on it
    Smarter AI is always good. It means your teams on defense can’t be cheesed

Unilaterally smart AI is a good thing. Specifically smarter, just for the fancy new toon is not a good thing. It undermines the game.

Do you realize who funds this game?

Relevance to this issue?

Yeah, I think this game gives spenders less and less for their money all the time. In this specific instance, that I think you’re referencing, I would hope CG protects the newest, latest and greatest chars.

Why do you ask and what relevance do you have here giffy?

The point is that it’s a cheese exploit from bad coding/testing, rather than a “oops ep can wreck malak” (that resulted from bad coding and lack of testing lol). The game shouldn’t have designs where AI targets chars that literally can’t take damage. It’s a needed fix, not a “protect whales’ investment thing.” Ftr I also don’t see an issue with protecting whales’ investments , that’s just smart business and fair, tbh, it just should be done before release (and is not what is happening here imo)
  • Monel
    2776 posts Member
    Actually got an in game survery monkey on this very topic tonight.
  • Monel
    2776 posts Member
    Monel wrote: »

We all did

You logged into everyone's account? Creepy!
  • Ultra
    11454 posts Moderator
    dcbfan wrote: »
    I got your survey today about the Galactic Legends. I clicked on the OK button and it froze, not allowing me to fill out your survey. So I'm here to tell you what I think of your GL event. I like the GL idea in general. You blew it on execution. First you told us not all characters would not need to be reliced. Then you changed your position on that. We accepted it. Then you required some of the most useless characters in the game to be needed and relic for the event. We as a community didnt like it but accepted it. Then you made an event that didnt even require those characters that you made us relic. We accepted it as a community. Then you made a rock, paper scissors event that everybody showed that you just need to use one ability and eventually you will win. Then you took a whole quarter doing nothing else, bringing nothing else into the game. All this for what, the top spenders only? That's all that have these 2 GL characters. After all this I dropped my farming for these characters and will wait for the next batch. That's what I have to say about your GL event.
    The community has no choice but to accept whatever CG does
  • ImaSmakya
    1068 posts Member
    I got your survey today about the Galactic Legends. I clicked on the OK button and it froze, not allowing me to fill out your survey. So I'm here to tell you what I think of your GL event. I like the GL idea in general. You blew it on execution. First you told us not all characters would not need to be reliced. Then you changed your position on that. We accepted it. Then you required some of the most useless characters in the game to be needed and relic for the event. We as a community didnt like it but accepted it. Then you made an event that didnt even require those characters that you made us relic. We accepted it as a community. Then you made a rock, paper scissors event that everybody showed that you just need to use one ability and eventually you will win. Then you took a whole quarter doing nothing else, bringing nothing else into the game. All this for what, the top spenders only? That's all that have these 2 GL characters. After all this I dropped my farming for these characters and will wait for the next batch. That's what I have to say about your GL event.

There is always a choice.

Three from our guild simply stopped playing when the requirements for GL's were announced.
    https://swgoh.gg/p/319514721/
    DISCLAIMER: Post is subject to change.
  • MaruMaru
    3338 posts Member

Whatever CG does in the future and even retroactively is effected by community feedback to some degree.
  • Been hoarding gear until it was clear which GL was 'better' considering the enormous investment. Turns out neither is worth the 15 relics and another 700 kyros so I wait and hope for engaging content...
  • The truth is the event was a major disappointment, or they would not do the research. you don't have to be a genius to know that the result of the event was mostly negative.

The game is in a negative spiral
    Obsolete raids, Geonosian TB light totally disproportionate with Dark Side Geonosian TB, several iconic toons abandoned waiting for a rework that makes them usable, add that to a garbage event, with crazy and absurd requirements,

. Take the project to raise the level of the toons to 90 or 95 and put it on the table, and start rebuilding the game. I leave a tip ... it is better that a possible spoiler leaks than to be released and be "uma grande M"
  • Monel
    2776 posts Member

We all did

Your pig avatar is far creepier

Lol, okie dokie.
  • Monel wrote: »

We all did

Lol, okie dokie.

i love your pig avatar!
  • I took the survey but tried to expand on what went wrong with the event in the answer boxes as there was far more that went wrong than was asked about in the survey. I sincerely doubt that they'll be changing any aspect of the event but one can hope that they'll take the criticism seriously and at least try to make the next events fun. I felt like they tried to limit criticism of the event in the survey but hope springs eternal.
  • The event not using all the characters required to gear up was a poor design no matter how they look at it. It smacks of a cash grab more so than anything before it.

My problem in general is no new meta should be so strong it can auto the previous meta teams. It should win handily and be difficult to beat without some theory crafting but it shouldn't be a wall that essentially locks down GAC and arena.
  • Straegen wrote: »
    The event not using all the characters required to gear up was a poor design no matter how they look at it. It smacks of a cash grab more so than anything before it.

My problem in general is no new meta should be so strong it can auto the previous meta teams. It should win handily and be difficult to beat without some theory crafting but it shouldn't be a wall that essentially locks down GAC and arena.

It’s not. My GL Kylo has lost frequently to GAS and DR teams with good gear and mods. That may change soon when I get the ultimate ability, but so far the 12 bad-to-decent FO relic toons on my roster are more of a hindrance when it comes to GAC than GL Kylo is a blessing. For GAC, I’d rather go back and get GAS with the padme/GG/clones teams that you need to develop than FO.
  • Monel
    2776 posts Member
    Lethoiun wrote: »

We all did

Lol, okie dokie.

i love your pig avatar!

Hey, you have a fan, that’s not creepy at all!

I agree! Little Strawberry can have as many fans as he can get!
  • Gifafi
    6017 posts Member

We all did

Lol, okie dokie.

i love your pig avatar!

little?? that's the biggest strawberry I've ever seen
  • ShaggyB
    2390 posts Member
    edited April 2020
    Dagonsith wrote: »
    I took the survey but tried to expand on what went wrong with the event in the answer boxes as there was far more that went wrong than was asked about in the survey. I sincerely doubt that they'll be changing any aspect of the event but one can hope that they'll take the criticism seriously and at least try to make the next events fun. I felt like they tried to limit criticism of the event in the survey but hope springs eternal.

I agree with your assessment.

Asking about gear and then just tier 3 was not the issue.

Tier 3 is dumb and unfun.... but had it been a 1 and done level, no one would have really cared.

Tier 6 kylo, the ticket system, repeating levels, insane requirements for unused characters and general poor communication is the issues.

Oh and stop saying the art department is doing great when its clearly just ok to blah. Thats what they need to hear and take to heart.

Do better CG.

And seriously, if your data says kylo tier 6 isnt being played right... thats on you for not setting requirements correctly and not making the event easy enough.

I did it. I can 2 star it.... but i should be able to 3 star it.... and i cant. Thats not my play style, thats your difficulty level and design
  • ShaggyB
    2390 posts Member
    Straegen wrote: »
    The event not using all the characters required to gear up was a poor design no matter how they look at it. It smacks of a cash grab more so than anything before it.

It’s not. My GL Kylo has lost frequently to GAS and DR teams with good gear and mods. That may change soon when I get the ultimate ability, but so far the 12 bad-to-decent FO relic toons on my roster are more of a hindrance when it comes to GAC than GL Kylo is a blessing. For GAC, I’d rather go back and get GAS with the padme/GG/clones teams that you need to develop than FO.

Just use darth revan lead team and swap your trooper for gl kylo.
  • ShaggyB wrote: »
    Straegen wrote: »

Just use darth revan lead team and swap your trooper for gl kylo.

I think you completely missed my point.
  • Monel
    2776 posts Member
    Gifafi wrote: »

We all did

Lol, okie dokie.

i love your pig avatar!

little?? that's the biggest strawberry I've ever seen

The pigs name is Strawberry, it's pygmy pig. That's a regular size strawberry.
  • WulW
    30 posts Member
    n6n7u0w4l7b2.png

Resoult of 4 attepmtds to Legendary Zeta tier 6.

And please spare me any comments, this SUX totaly, its all i can say.

It is nearly impossible to fail Rey's Legendary Zeta tier 6 event, even if you will go there without no mods on any character still nearly 100% win ratio.

Compare one to another, "new type of ballance" i guess...
  • Jarvind
    3920 posts Member
    WulW wrote: »
    n6n7u0w4l7b2.png

Resoult of 4 attepmtds to Legendary Zeta tier 6.

And please spare me any comments

No. There are a million videos on how to do this.

git-gud-gif-7.gif

u58t4vkrvnrz.png