Energy Usage Issues

I'd like to start a discussion about the amount of energy we can have. At level 85 you've got 144 max of all types. Normal, Mod, and Ship energy refresh at 10 points an hour while Cantina refreshes at 5 per hour.

I feel like that isn't enough energy to successfully farm anything, especially with the amount of crystal you get daily. I think EA should increase the maximum energy for all types and increase the refresh rate so we don't have to buy crystals to make progress.

Now I know a bunch of people are going to say "It's EA, they just want you to spend money." Etc, etc. I'm not saying that they should make it so you could farm a whole team in a few days but if it could be a little faster that would be great.

An increase of maximum energy and the refresh rate to correspond with it would increase the speed you could farm gear or new toons but not so much as to get rid of the whales or hurt EA's wallet.

What are your thoughts on this? Do you agree or disagree and if so why? Do you have any other ideas that could help solve the energy problem that isn't "Just spend money" or "plan your farming better" etc?

Replies

• Gifafi
    6017 posts Member
    WAI. I mean, more energy would be great but...
    Maybe End Game isn't for you
  • ForgottenVigil
    10 posts Member
    edited March 2020
    ZAP wrote: »
    I think EA should increase the maximum energy for all types and increase the refresh rate so we don't have to buy crystals to make progress.

What are your thoughts on this?

I get why you want this, but why would CG/EA do/want this?

If they improve the speed at which players get better toons and better gear, they'll probably keep more players and get new players. People love to see positive reviews and big updates with quality of life improvements on games. I know personally I'd talk up SWGoH to friends if I could play more than once a day for 20 minutes. And being able to make more progress than what the energy limits give me would make me feel that buying Crystals for the energy or Node refreshes would actually be worth it.
    Post edited by ForgottenVigil on
  • ForgottenVigil
    10 posts Member
    edited March 2020
    I think EA should increase the maximum energy for all types and increase the refresh rate so we don't have to buy crystals to make progress.

What are your thoughts on this?

I get why you want this, but why would CG/EA do/want this?

If they improve the speed at which players get better toons and better gear, they'll probably keep more players and get new players. People love to see positive reviews and big updates with quality of life improvements on games. I know personally I'd talk up SWGoH to friends if I could play more than once a day for 20 minutes. And being able to make more progress than what the energy limits give me would make me feel like buying Crystals for the energy or Node refreshes would actually be worth it.

But that’s the opposite of what you said that I quoted. Perhaps you didn’t mean what you said at first and have now changed your mind?

No. You asked why would EA want to increase energy max and I gave a reason that could benefit them. The reason being if they were more useful than they currently are, more people would buy them. I also admitted that even I would consider buying crystals if they went further to progress than they currently do. The answer I DO NOT want remains to be "spend money." I just stated how it could also benefit the developer, which is what you asked.