Best use of crystals?

I'm a relatively new F2P player, and I'm trying to figure out the best way to get good characters, and level them up. My initial thought was to save all of my crystals for the Chromium 8-packs, but the more I read on the forum, I am thinking it might be worth it to use the crystals daily to replenish my energy. I know the amount increases the more you replenish in a single day, so I would limit it to 1-2 refreshes daily.

I'm unsure of which strategy is better though. Thoughts?

Replies

• If you are early game it could be worth it to buy some chromium cards or packs, and hope you unlock a good character to get a head start.
    The first Chromium card you purchase is always a full character. So you should at least get that.

Otherwise it's not really worth it. Better to spend the crystals on 1 or 2 cantina refreshes. Many good characters to farm in Cantina and Cantina Shipments. Also 2 energy refreshes per day to farm gear and gain XP.
  • Toukai
    1822 posts Member
    The general consensus is 1 Cantina refresh and 2 normal refreshes.

This will generally net you a cantina shard buy a day and the 2 normal refreshes will allow you to gear much faster than normal.

The other stipulation to this is being in a higher arena bracket for the extra free crystals. You only really gain like 60 from dailies and if you can break into #100-200 then you will net another 75 crystals.

You will run a deficit unless you are in top #50. If you arn't a high rating you may just do a single or double normal refresh, but right now Cantina is heavily needed for QGJ meta.

Chromium are just not worth it.
  • Dooku_for_days
    2907 posts Member
    edited March 2016
    First thing to spend them on is arena match refreshes. Everyone starts at around the same time, so on the first day, you should be able to beat everyone. Do a 50/100/100 on the first and second day to boost yourself to the top 20. This means that you'll have played 40 matches in the first 2 days. Then put 100 crystals a day into 2 normal energy refills and another 100 crystals into 1 cantina refill. As you progress up the ranks, put all spare crystals into cantina. This is the best way to do well as a F2P player from the very start.
  • priority order:

1. Cantina refresh - there are too many characters in cantina shipments and nodes to not do this
    2. Arena refresh - the only way to progress to to 10 in arena is to do one refresh a day, but make sure your team is good enough to beat the teams you face. This earns a lot more crystals for you to use. You need a steady income from arena, and refreshes are what get you there.
    3. Hard node refreshes / shipments - some characters are a pain to farm. Rey, RG, Ewok elder for example. If you farm them, you'll want to do a refresh on their nodes to get them in less time than a year...
    4. Energy refresh. If you need gear quick for your 5 character arena squad, this is a higher priorty, otherwise, it's not too necessary...
    Sinister Alliance (Leader) - accepting waitlist members - PM for information
  • Toukai
    1822 posts Member
    priority order:

3. Hard node refreshes / shipments - some characters are a pain to farm. Rey, RG, Ewok elder for example. If you farm them, you'll want to do a refresh on their nodes to get them in less time than a year...

@Galgenstrick
    Oh come on, it only took me 3 months of farming Dooku's node every single day to reach 7* :)

• pac0naut
    3236 posts Member
    Toukai wrote: »
    priority order:

@Galgenstrick
    Oh come on, it only took me 3 months of farming Dooku's node every single day to reach 7* :)

That's ALL? Come on, slowpoke!!! :smiley:

This coming from someone who's played the game less than a week....lol.
    Meanwhile, down on the farm....