Response?

So I keep seeing all these posts about issues brought up by the community. I have yet to see any response. I understand the desire to be like an ostrich and stick one's head in the ground and hope to weather the storm. But I don't feel that customer service wise that is the best approach. If we shouldn't expect a response, please say so. Currently you have many disgruntled people over the art, way the event works, the requirements for the event that aren't even used. All of these are valid complaints and I while I understood that people were off over the weekend so there would be no response. I have to say I would think that it would be top of the to do list today.

If this is what we should expect from this even then please say so. It would at least be communication.

Replies

• This is what happens with every new character event.

Cg releases event as planned.

Forums complain about pretty much every aspect of the event for a week, then the character for a week, and then the resulting nerfs/buffs due to unintended interactions for a week.

Cg says nothing.

Players continue to play and swear that the next event that is this "terrible" will be their last.

CG develops next event.

Repeat forever, since atleast JTR.
    Looking for a new guild? Come check out the Underworld Alliance on Discord:https://discord.gg/wvrYb4Q
  • I don't know, I feel this is very different. We were promised something innovative with great art, and told we had to level up all these characters. I imagined a journey like event where we had to actually use all those characters that would cover all 3 movies with some new special duel mechanic thrown in. That was not what we got.

Sure, many people will continue to play because they have made an investment. I'm not suggesting that any one stop playing. But the outrage at this event compared to past events I feel is at a different level. You are welcome to disagree of course.
  • TVF
    36573 posts Member
    Go back and read the outrage about the Sith raid.
    I need a new message here. https://discord.gg/AmStGTH
  • Once again, I don't feel like that was on this level. It is one thing to be upset over the event being difficult. It is one thing to be upset that you can't do the event right now. But people who have access to the event and can do it are complaining about the even itself and not just the rewards. With the Sith raid, people complained about it being too difficult or the rewards not being worth the effort or time expended. With this, people who can actually do the event are upset because the event does not live up to expectations.
  • I honestly don't know why people expect big flashy events from CG and are then disappointed. I get accused of defending CG often enough, but to expect them to radically change quality because "they said the art would be great" is laughable. Like it or not, this event did what they said: it brought in a new battle style to the game that was not here previously. Is it a style anyone wants or really likes? No, doubtful. A Rock-Paper-Scissors type game is not very fun against a computer. But that does not mean it is not a new style like promised.
    Looking for a new guild? Come check out the Underworld Alliance on Discord:https://discord.gg/wvrYb4Q
  • Legend91
    2441 posts Member
    littleMAC77 already explained it. They don't care. Because they don't need to. As long as people are giving them money (which I'll never understand, I wouldn't have given them any money for at least more than 1.5 years now as I think the crap we got since then, number and quality wise, is just getting worse and worse) they're fine. Less content? People still spend. Lower quality content? People still spend. Bugged/broken content? People still spend.
    So to summarize, we get:
    - less content
    - lower quality content (a lot of copy paste stuff with just increased health/tenacity/dmg/etc)
    - bugged/broken content
    And people (mostly whales and krakens) will still buy everything they throw at us. It's hilarious but it's the truth and it'll forever be like this I guess as too many of those whales and krakens are just completely addicted.
    Legend#6873 | YouTube | swgoh.gg
  • Please explain to me why people should be happy or content with the event then. Your argument is that people shouldn't expect so much. But is it too much to ask that the event be more fun then the past events that they have come out with? I had much more fun unlocking CLS, JTR, JKR and DR. GAS event was challenging but overall I enjoyed the story modes associated with the others listed more. Art wise, I don't have any complaints aside from Rey looks like she was hit with an ugly stick again. Honestly I think that is the only complaint everyone has art wise. If that was the only issue, I don't think we would have much to complain about. But as many have said, even the moderator here, this is supposed to be end game content. How is end game content not supposed to be more fun and amazing than anything else we have seen before?

Your defense of CG is just that "This is what they said it was going to be", but I disagree, they made it seem like it would be much better. They may not have come out and say that it will be better than what came before, but that should go without saying. Apple doesn't put out a new Iphone that has 1 new feature and doesn't improve on any other features or make them worse.
  • Gifafi
    6017 posts Member
    forums: rabble rabble give us communication
    cg:
    forums: see above
    cg: we're working on it
    forums: yay now we know what we already knew bc it's obvious they are working on stuff but they said it out loud so we are happy!
    Maybe End Game isn't for you
  • TrowaJedi wrote: »
    Please explain to me why people should be happy or content with the event then. Your argument is that people shouldn't expect so much. But is it too much to ask that the event be more fun then the past events that they have come out with? I had much more fun unlocking CLS, JTR, JKR and DR. GAS event was challenging but overall I enjoyed the story modes associated with the others listed more. Art wise, I don't have any complaints aside from Rey looks like she was hit with an ugly stick again. Honestly I think that is the only complaint everyone has art wise. If that was the only issue, I don't think we would have much to complain about. But as many have said, even the moderator here, this is supposed to be end game content. How is end game content not supposed to be more fun and amazing than anything else we have seen before?

Your defense of CG is just that "This is what they said it was going to be", but I disagree, they made it seem like it would be much better. They may not have come out and say that it will be better than what came before, but that should go without saying. Apple doesn't put out a new Iphone that has 1 new feature and doesn't improve on any other features or make them worse.

No, my "defense" of CG is that they say that every new event style is the next great thing. First it was Legendary events, then it was Heroes Journeys, then it was Epic Confrontations, now Galactic Legends. All are "the next great thing" and going to be "amazing, immersive experiences", yet they are all just slightly new ways to take your pixels against the computers pixels. Some have a storyline, some are just a specific event, some are just fighting the same few enemies but with more gear 7 times.

What always happens is the general complaints are from players who put this grand image in their head of some massive game mode with something grand and new, but when the same old event drops they get disappointed. They stated this would be a new event structure, which it is, both the ticket system and the lame RPS system.
  • Now lets all be HONEST with ourselves. If we could put forth MINIMAL EFFORT and still make MAXIMUM PROFIT, we'd ALL do that. Don't lie.