F2P GL Progress

Replies

• MaruMaru
    3338 posts Member
    Broxxor wrote: »
    I unlocked both with a (mostly) f2p hoard. The only things I bought were the small relic packs 4x.

Hmmm f2p is not the manner you unlocked gls, but how you built your account across all times. Are you otherwise f2p besides these relic packs?
  • MasterSeedy
    4992 posts Member
    @Broxxor

I am also interested in the answer to @MaruMaru 's question.
  • Not completely F2P - haven't spent since CLS however $40 total in game - account started ~1 year after game released.

SLKR - completed with 128 tickets to the ult (power boost on his ult made things smoother than they were before)
    Rey - I expect a month to unlock the event - 3-4 weeks to unlock and another 3-4 to get her ult, so by mid september having her 6zR7 with ult.
  • khdelboy
    754 posts Member
    Then I slowly realise that I’ll still be THREE months away before I can start farming GL tickets, because of the Finalizer 5 stars requirement. I just unlocked it on the last event.

If you've got the crystals, 1k refreshes are your friend.

Unfortunately I don’t have any crystals. Spend them on ship energy for the gears. But good news is that I’m just one gear away from relicing Sith Trooper.

I’m definitely leaving GL Rey until I’m done with the farming for the GAS event and building up gears level for the Sith Trio, Malak, Geos. Still have four resistance toons to farm.

The only good thing so far is that I’m liking VS Han Solo. He’s a very useful counter toon in GAC.

• ivl06205qfc2.jpeg

I just unlocked today
  • ajhugill
    19 posts Member
    Finally got the unlock! Now I just need some more kyros and stun guns haha.
  • Ggdjqjchsabjdj
    780 posts Member
    edited June 2020
    Congrats.
    Post edited by Ggdjqjchsabjdj on
    I have a bad feeling about this.
  • Lblcipc7umei1.png
    Left the game back in February and just started back. It’s gonna be awhile 😂
  • Congrats, @vincentlondon and @ajhugill

I can't wait to see that SLKR screen in my own game.

I might just decline to activate so I can see it again every day.

• Kenkenkaden
    170 posts Member
    edited June 2020
    Update

Finally ultimate rey done

Now moving to slkr requirements.
    Fyi i start gearing this fo squad after i unlock GL rey.

My current status
    Kruz r5
    Kylo r3
    Fox r1
    Fost g12
    Foo g12
    Fotp g11 7*
    Phasma g8 7*
    Fostp g8 7*
    Hux g8 34/100
    Red g7 43/100
    Ep g12 7*
    Vet han g8 7*
    Post edited by Kenkenkaden on
  • @Kenkenkaden

Nice work!

What does your FO/Palp/VetHan situation look like right now? and do you know when you started your push for Rey so that other people can have an idea of how long it will take from the time that they start?

• @MasterSeedy

I started chase this GL rey since they announced first requirements for GL rey.

My original resistance (jtr, rey scav, bb8, finn, poe) mostly g12 empty (Standart tw or gac)
    Others around g8 - g11.
  • Raptus
    64 posts Member
    I need Raddus, Rose 100ish RH shards, and then just relic. Head startt cuuzz I had holldo, just gotta hard farm ebon which I'll do after rh finn is 7* and a full energy rose commitment while i gear & relic the rest
    Well, hell I ain't no politician; kissing **** just ain't my style.
  • Finally done getting SLK's ultimate, about 7 weeks after meeting reqs (2 for unlock, 5 for ult). Probably about 2 months until I can meet reqs for Rey.
  • Only 2 weeks for unlock? That seems good. 5 for ultimate seems slow, but I haven't done it yet, so I can't know.
  • khdelboy
    754 posts Member
    Only 2 weeks for unlock? That seems good. 5 for ultimate seems slow, but I haven't done it yet, so I can't know.

It’s because you need 20 of those things.

• 0dysseusK
    78 posts Member
    edited June 2020
    Only 2 weeks for unlock? That seems good. 5 for ultimate seems slow, but I haven't done it yet, so I can't know.

I did 50 and 100 crystal refreshes and spent DS energy almost exclusively, mostly farming stun guns (rather than the 6-energy nodes). I could have gotten the ultimate about a week sooner if I hadn't lost 3 times as a result of watching the wrong video. I went 6-3 with that early strategy, then an easy 4-0 with the better one.

I think it's a minimum of 420 tickets to unlock and 840 for the ultimate, so that part will normally take twice as long for F2P.
  • MaruMaru
    3338 posts Member
    Finally. It took me exactly one month to go from unlock to ulti.

hqlewlw99pt0.png
  • MaruMaru
    3338 posts Member
    0dysseusK wrote: »

I did 50 and 100 crystal refreshes and spent DS energy almost exclusively, mostly farming stun guns (rather than the 6-energy nodes). I could have gotten the ultimate about a week sooner if I hadn't lost 3 times as a result of watching the wrong video. I went 6-3 with that early strategy, then an easy 4-0 with the better one.

I think it's a minimum of 420 tickets to unlock and 840 for the ultimate, so that part will normally take twice as long for F2P.

70*10 for the ulti if you don't lose a match.
  • 0dysseusK
    78 posts Member
    edited June 2020
    MaruMaru wrote: »

Yes, but you also have to do Tiers 4 & 5 between unlock and ultimate, so that's an extra 140 tickets.
  • MaruMaru
    3338 posts Member

Yes, but you also have to do Tiers 4 & 5 between unlock and ultimate, so that's an extra 140 tickets.

Ah you're correct. Completely forgot about that. This ulti run bored me to death and finally I can farm some finisher that has been waiting for a full month, not dropping elsewhere.
  • Gamorrean
    2745 posts Member
    How many energy refrehses a day should I use? And how long time can I “estimate” its gonna take before I unlock GL Rey?
  • MaruMaru
    3338 posts Member
    edited June 2020
    Gamorrean wrote: »
    How many energy refrehses a day should I use? And how long time can I “estimate” its gonna take before I unlock GL Rey?

This depends on whether you are doing it the whale way. If you have arena earnings or a pile, it may make sense to do 50*3+100*3 on 6 nodes. I went the non-wasteful way and done mostly 50*3 with some 100s here and there on gear nodes. Aaah now remembered, I did it like this because I wanted to r7 right away and has some gear farming left, otherwise there's not too much point to unlock early. On 50-100s it should take you about a week. Less on 6 nodes.
  • Gamorrean wrote: »

Once you meet reqs, you can unlock in about 2 weeks if you do the 50 and 100 crystal energy refreshes. Whether it's worth it to you to spend the crystals to speed up the process depends on your situation (arena rank) and priorities.
  • Tattz
    192 posts Member
    edited June 2020
    Took me 6 days to unlock slkr 3x50 refreshes 3x100 refreshes

I did tier 1 once tier 2 once then did tier 3 three times and worked backwards
  • Smoke_and_Fire
    2 posts Member
    edited June 2020
    F2P for entire GL farm.

Need 15 shards on Finalizer and need to finish 7* Sith Trooper. Gear is ready for G12and have almost all G13 gear hoarded.

All other prerequisites have relics applied and are waiting.

Estimate I'll unlock GL Kylo by the end of the month.

6 Zetas worth of zeta mats already hoarded for that day.
  • Tattz wrote: »
    Took me 6 days to unlock slkr 3x50 refreshes 3x100 refreshes

I did tier 1 once tier 2 once then did tier 3 three times and worked backwards

Nice! Farming the 6-energy nodes? That probably speeds it up, but I farmed stun guns since I needed so many for him, and it wouldn't have helped me much to unlock him quickly if I couldn't gear him.
  • Completed Rey’s Ultimate just today. What a harrowing experience... Glad I never spent a dime...
  • Gamorrean
    2745 posts Member

This depends on whether you are doing it the whale way. If you have arena earnings or a pile, it may make sense to do 50*3+100*3 on 6 nodes. I went the non-wasteful way and done mostly 50*3 with some 100s here and there on gear nodes. Aaah now remembered, I did it like this because I wanted to r7 right away and has some gear farming left, otherwise there's not too much point to unlock early. On 50-100s it should take you about a week. Less on 6 nodes.

Once you meet reqs, you can unlock in about 2 weeks if you do the 50 and 100 crystal energy refreshes. Whether it's worth it to you to spend the crystals to speed up the process depends on your situation (arena rank) and priorities.

Thx!