Visas Marr and Rey

Omeah
961 posts Member
So the new GL Rey does not have the Jedi tag, even though she was a Jedi in the movie (this is not TFA or even TLJ Rey) and she has the Heir of the Jedi ability. Ok, she doesn't have it for balance reasons, it can be understood.

But then we should use the same logic for Visas Marr. She has a disputed claim for both the Old Republic and Jedi tags. Sure, you can argue she only officially was part of either after the game (but some would say she already was during the game), but either way, let's just consider them from a balance perspective: Visas Marr is right now useless. She had a very brief use in HSR ages ago, but now nothing. I can understand if she doesn't get Jedi tag also for balance reasons, maybe she'd be too good with JKR. But at the very least give her the OR tag so that she can at least be used. She will not make that faction op.

TLDR: PLEASE GIVE VISAS OLD REPUBLIC TAG

Replies

• IMO Give Visas both the Sith and Jedi Tag. It's not like she's busted on either team, but it would reflect her duality of training/allegiance, as well as make her a much more interesting and useful character.

CG can't be bothered to include a daily assault battle type event during the 'rona pandemic, so I doubt they're going to be touching up any character they can't monetize any time soon.
  • Akenno
    538 posts Member
    Wait for Visas until we get Meetra and more stuff from KOTOR 2.
    Would be cool to build up towards double bladed Revan and eternal emperor Valkorion.
  • exile038
    138 posts Member
    Akenno wrote: »
    Would be cool to build up towards double bladed Revan and eternal emperor Valkorion.

Neutral tag anyone? Meetra, Visas, Kreia and Revan Reborn
  • Omeah wrote: »
    So the new GL Rey does not have the Jedi tag, even though she was a Jedi in the movie (this is not TFA or even TLJ Rey) and she has the Heir of the Jedi ability. Ok, she doesn't have it for balance reasons, it can be understood.

But then we should use the same logic for Visas Marr. She has a disputed claim for both the Old Republic and Jedi tags. Sure, you can argue she only officially was part of either after the game (but some would say she already was during the game), but either way, let's just consider them from a balance perspective: Visas Marr is right now useless. She had a very brief use in HSR ages ago, but now nothing. I can understand if she doesn't get Jedi tag also for balance reasons, maybe she'd be too good with JKR. But at the very least give her the OR tag so that she can at least be used. She will not make that faction op.

Rey doesn't deserve a Jedi tag. She wasn't an actual Jedi. Leia wasn't either, so by default Rey couldn't be considered one. Luke doesn't count as her Jedi mentor, since he never actually put her through training.

No, waving around a lightsaber like an 8 year old kid playing in their backyard IS NOT training. Nor is making a bunch of pebbles float in the air and causing a crack in the ground. Anyways, that is just in TLJ, lets move on to TROS. No, obstacle courses aren't Jedi training either. Nor is floating in the air and pretending to meditate. ACTUAL Jedi training can be seen in Empire Strikes back and the Clone Wars tv show. Rey was NOT a true Jedi.

Also Visas Marr isn't technically a part of the Old Republic during the games, so she cannot be counted as such. She had her time to shine, and now it is the overpowered GL's turns to take the spotlight.

Whether or not we like it, EA doesn't even care about strategy anymore, so a post like this that is discussing strategy involving Vis Marr will most likely be ignored by EA. All EA cares about these days is making incredibly op characters that render all strategy obsolete.
  • exile038 wrote: »
    Akenno wrote: »

Neutral tag anyone? Meetra, Visas, Kreia and Revan Reborn

Possibly Wampa too... Wampas don't care whether their prey is good or evil, they just hunt and eat.
  • IMO Give Visas both the Sith and Jedi Tag. It's not like she's busted on either team, but it would reflect her duality of training/allegiance, as well as make her a much more interesting and useful character.

CG can't be bothered to include a daily assault battle type event during the 'rona pandemic, so I doubt they're going to be touching up any character they can't monetize any time soon.

Visas Marr technically renounced the Sith, so that is why she hasn't been given the Sith tag. A Jedi tag wouldn't seem fit either given her red lightsaber, which signifies that she has not undone the "bleeding" process that Sith use to turn their blades that color. She is more like a Dark Jedi in my opinion.

Also I completely agree with your second paragraph.
  • Gifafi
    6017 posts Member
    Omeah wrote: »

Rey doesn't deserve a Jedi tag. She wasn't an actual Jedi. Leia wasn't either, so by default Rey couldn't be considered one. Luke doesn't count as her Jedi mentor, since he never actually put her through training.

No, waving around a lightsaber like an 8 year old kid playing in their backyard IS NOT training. Nor is making a bunch of pebbles float in the air and causing a crack in the ground. Anyways, that is just in TLJ, lets move on to TROS. No, obstacle courses aren't Jedi training either. Nor is floating in the air and pretending to meditate. ACTUAL Jedi training can be seen in Empire Strikes back and the Clone Wars tv show. Rey was NOT a true Jedi.

Also Visas Marr isn't technically a part of the Old Republic during the games, so she cannot be counted as such. She had her time to shine, and now it is the overpowered GL's turns to take the spotlight.

Whether or not we like it, EA doesn't even care about strategy anymore, so a post like this that is discussing strategy involving Vis Marr will most likely be ignored by EA. All EA cares about these days is making incredibly op characters that render all strategy obsolete.

Hmm...
    Maybe End Game isn't for you

• Rey doesn't deserve a Jedi tag. She wasn't an actual Jedi. Leia wasn't either, so by default Rey couldn't be considered one. Luke doesn't count as her Jedi mentor, since he never actually put her through training.

It's only Jedi training if you do the obstacle course with a little green hermit on your back and wave a stick around first before you try a lightsaber. Very important distinctions.
  • mInEcRaFtEr0617
    218 posts Member
    edited April 2020

It's only Jedi training if you do the obstacle course with a little green hermit on your back and wave a stick around first before you try a lightsaber. Very important distinctions.
    It was more about the lessons behind them. The meaningful dialogue was what made it so significant. Yoda’s lessons about the temptations of the dark side, about how size does not matter in the force, about how the dark side is the lesser but more tempting aspect of the force... you wont see any of that in TLJ or TROS. Training isnt just about training the body, it is about learning wisdom and understanding of the force.

George Lucas didnt want to make some random action series, he wanted meaningful themes and dialogue behind it. Unfortunately, Rian Johnson didnt get the memo. J J Abrams disappointed as well in TROS, which legitimately surprised me given that I actually enjoyed his first Star Wars film, TFA.
  • It was more about the lessons behind them. The meaningful dialogue was what made it so significant. Yoda’s lessons about the temptations of the dark side, about how size does not matter in the force, about how the dark side is the lesser but more tempting aspect of the force... you wont see any of that in TLJ or TROS. Training isnt just about training the body, it is about learning wisdom and understanding of the force.

George Lucas didnt want to make some random action series, he wanted meaningful themes and dialogue behind it. Unfortunately, Rian Johnson didnt get the memo. J J Abrams disappointed as well in TROS, which legitimately surprised me given that I actually enjoyed his first Star Wars film, TFA.

Ahh, so it's Jedi training so long as you chat a bit afterwards, of course.
  • It was more about the lessons behind them. The meaningful dialogue was what made it so significant. Yoda’s lessons about the temptations of the dark side, about how size does not matter in the force, about how the dark side is the lesser but more tempting aspect of the force... you wont see any of that in TLJ or TROS. Training isnt just about training the body, it is about learning wisdom and understanding of the force.

Ahh, so it's Jedi training so long as you chat a bit afterwards, of course.
    You seem to be dumbing down my arguments to make them easier to pick apart.

Maybe you need to watch Empire Strikes back again just to see what Jedi training actually is. Empire Strikes Back is the fan favorite Star Wars movie for a reason.
  • You seem to be dumbing down my arguments to make them easier to pick apart.

Maybe you need to watch Empire Strikes back again just to see what Jedi training actually is. Empire Strikes Back is the fan favorite Star Wars movie for a reason.

Or I could watch something new and ignore the demands of someone deciding what is correct based on personal biases. On a separate note though, dumbing down an argument shouldn't make a difference, it's right because it's logical, not because you used lots of paragraphs.
  • You seem to be dumbing down my arguments to make them easier to pick apart.

Or I could watch something new and ignore the demands of someone deciding what is correct based on personal biases. On a separate note though, dumbing down an argument shouldn't make a difference, it's right because it's logical, not because you used lots of paragraphs.
    You seem to be dumbing down my arguments to make them easier to pick apart.

Everyone, including both you and me, have their biases. I accept that. Personally, I identify as some sort of Star Wars “purist”, only wanting and accepting that which meets the high standard that George Lucas set when he made the original films. All I want is to see Star Wars at its best.

For instance, the Marvel-like action and humor seen in the newer Star Wars films is something that angers me, because it belittles the dialogue and character development. Marvel does it because they know that adults running around in spandex costumes shouldn’t be taken seriously, so they add in the humor in order to make it more entertaining. But Star Wars SHOULD be taken seriously. Notice how Lucas didn’t resort to Marvel humor to entice audiences when he made the original films.

Dumbing down an argument in order to make it easier to pick apart, if anything, hurts your logic because you aren't actually basing your arguements around mine. You are basing them on a weaker version of my arguement that isn’t an accurate representation of what I am actually trying to say. Straw Man fallacies are logical fallacies for a reason.
  • thecarterologist958
    1111 posts Member
    edited April 2020

But Star Wars SHOULD be taken seriously.

Dumbing down an argument in order to make it easier to pick apart, if anything, hurts your logic because you aren't actually basing your arguements around mine. You are basing them on a weaker version of my arguement that isn’t an accurate representation of what I am actually trying to say. Straw Man fallacies are logical fallacies for a reason.

Debatable.

Separately, straw man fallacies are not the same as logical fallacies, and neither of them apply to anything I've been saying, especially since "dumbing something down" is not the same as changing it. As I said before, try smaller paragraphs.

Also OP, I think the devs said they wanted to revisit OR content at some point in the future, I'm afraid I think that's probably when you'd have the best chance for any change to Visas.

• But Star Wars SHOULD be taken seriously.

Debatable.

"Debatable"? Implying that you yourself do not take it seriously?

Separately, straw man fallacies are not the same as logical fallacies, and neither of them apply to anything I've been saying, especially since "dumbing something down" is not the same as changing it.

Just a heads up a Straw man fallacy IS a type of logical fallacy. Not something we should really be debating. Just do a bit of research.

And here is the definition (I will post the source in a comment bellow this one if you want to see for yourself) of a Straw Man fallacy just for reference:

"Substituting a person’s actual position or argument with a distorted, exaggerated, or misrepresented version of the position or the argument."

Notice the "distorted" part, and the "misrepresented" part. If you wouldn't consider my argument,

"It was more about the lessons behind them. The meaningful dialogue was what made it so significant. Yoda’s lessons about the temptations of the dark side, about how size does not matter in the force, about how the dark side is the lesser but more tempting aspect of the force... you wont see any of that in TLJ or TROS. Training isnt just about training the body, it is about learning wisdom and understanding of the force."

to be misrepresented and/or distorted in your summary of it,

"Ahh, so it's Jedi training so long as you chat a bit afterwards, of course."

then I do not know why we are even debating this. You "dumbing down" my argument meets the exact criteria of the definition of a Straw Man fallacy.

As I said before, try smaller paragraphs.
    I just write as much as I have to in order to bring my point across.
  • Hold on the comment has to be approved.

I got the definition on a site called LogicallyFallacious

• "Debatable"? Implying that you yourself do not take it seriously?

Just a heads up a Straw man fallacy IS a type of logical fallacy. Not something we should really be debating. Just do a bit of research.

And here is the definition (I will post the source in a comment bellow this one if you want to see for yourself) of a Straw Man fallacy just for reference:

"Substituting a person’s actual position or argument with a distorted, exaggerated, or misrepresented version of the position or the argument."

Notice the "distorted" part, and the "misrepresented" part. If you wouldn't consider my argument,

"It was more about the lessons behind them. The meaningful dialogue was what made it so significant. Yoda’s lessons about the temptations of the dark side, about how size does not matter in the force, about how the dark side is the lesser but more tempting aspect of the force... you wont see any of that in TLJ or TROS. Training isnt just about training the body, it is about learning wisdom and understanding of the force."

then I do not know why we are even debating this. You "dumbing down" my argument meets the exact criteria of the definition of a Straw Man fallacy.

Correct. It's a fictional saga about magic men with laser swords fighting space Germany.

I was wrong, thank you. My research showed me a logical fallacy is simultaneously pointless as it's equivalent to just fallacy, and inappropriate to use so formal fallacy is the correct term. Either way, a straw man fallacy is a type. Regardless, none of this applies to me, and if you wrote less maybe you'd have noticed.
    I just write as much as I have to in order to bring my point across.

And more.

• "Debatable"? Implying that you yourself do not take it seriously?

I was wrong, thank you. My research showed me a logical fallacy is simultaneously pointless as it's equivalent to just fallacy, and inappropriate to use so formal fallacy is the correct term. .

"my research"? What is this research of your's that you speak of? Could you cite your sources? Given that you are now claiming that...

- "a logical fallacy is simultaneously pointless as it's equivalent to just fallacy"

- "and inappropriate to use so formal fallacy is the correct term"

... I am not sure that you understand what logical fallacies are and what straw man fallacies are.

Either way, a straw man fallacy is a type.
    So at least you understand that a straw man fallacy is a type of logical fallacy. That's a good start.

Regardless, none of this applies to me, and if you wrote less maybe you'd have noticed.

I have already explained why your arguments are just straw man fallacies. If you disagree, then you are going to have to provide actual reasoning instead of a simple denial.

And again, I can write as much as I want. The amount of detail that I put into my arguments just reflects how I am representing my arguments as accurately and clearly as possible.
  • At this point our argument is getting petty. I am not going to start arguing things that have nothing to do with the topic, especially when you fail to understand what a straw man fallacy actually is despite you using it in each of your arguments.
  • thecarterologist958
    1111 posts Member
    edited April 2020
    At this point our argument is getting petty. I am not going to start arguing things that have nothing to do with the topic, especially when you fail to understand what a straw man fallacy actually is despite you using it in each of your arguments.

I'll explain it all
    In haiku form as it's short
    To prove my point here.

No arguments made,
    I just laughed at you at first
    For saying dumb things.

5my8zgp7o49o.png

Do your own research
    This is what I drew from mine
    You need not write lots.
  • I'll explain it all
    In haiku form as it's short
    To prove my point here.

No arguments made,
    I just laughed at you at first
    For saying dumb things.

5my8zgp7o49o.png

Do your own research
    This is what I drew from mine
    You need not write lots.
    I think our decision not to argue things that have nothing to do with the debate is a smart one @mInEcRaFtEr0617 , because he's just using another fallacy to distract you form the fact that he has no arguments left. To be precise he's using the (Personal) Incredulity Fallacy.
    To go into more detail, the (Personal) Incredulity Fallacy is a fallacy that "asserts that a proposition must be false because it contradicts one's personal expectations or beliefs, or is difficult to imagine". He personally expects things to be short, and thus denies them when they are long. It's especially funny when you realize his lack of words makes it so that he practically says nothing. Just look at his last post. It's a haiku about nothing. I mean literally noting. In terms of the debate, he makes no statement, presents no arguments, makes no points, practically does nothing. He just uses pretty form in an attempts to disguise and distract, when in reality he has nothing left and has already lost the debate.
  • Gifafi
    6017 posts Member
    strawman fallacy
    remember first college class?
    more to learn, we have
    Maybe End Game isn't for you
  • I think there should be two different Visas Marr in the game. The one that is in the game should have the dark side tag and sith tag, and have synergism with Darth Nihilus. Once they go back and release more content from KOTOR 2, then they could release a new Visas Marr resembling the character that helps Meetra and then takes the principles learned from her and helps to restore the Jedi Order with Attan Rand, Brianna the Handmaiden, and so on. While on the subject, it would be nice to see three versions of Attan Rand release. He was a jedi hunter under Revan and Malak during the sith empire, the Attan Rand version from the game, and then the Jedi Sentinal Attan Rand that helps restore the Jedi Order after the fall of the triumverate. Maybe a good marque event there. Have to collect sith empire and KOTOR 2 characters to use and unlock Jedi Sentinal Attan Rand. Same with the new Visas Marr. And since CG seems to care more about money than good content, good way to make money CG. Just saying.
  • thecarterologist958
    1111 posts Member
    edited April 2020
    Ichiraikou wrote: »
    I think our decision not to argue things that have nothing to do with the debate is a smart one @mInEcRaFtEr0617 , because he's just using another fallacy to distract you form the fact that he has no arguments left. To be precise he's using the (Personal) Incredulity Fallacy.
    To go into more detail, the (Personal) Incredulity Fallacy is a fallacy that "asserts that a proposition must be false because it contradicts one's personal expectations or beliefs, or is difficult to imagine". He personally expects things to be short, and thus denies them when they are long. It's especially funny when you realize his lack of words makes it so that he practically says nothing. Just look at his last post. It's a haiku about nothing. I mean literally noting. In terms of the debate, he makes no statement, presents no arguments, makes no points, practically does nothing. He just uses pretty form in an attempts to disguise and distract, when in reality he has nothing left and has already lost the debate.

I did tell you this.
    I had no argument, see?
    Read before you quote.
    No arguments made,

• spru4709 wrote: »
    I think there should be two different Visas Marr in the game. The one that is in the game should have the dark side tag and sith tag, and have synergism with Darth Nihilus. Once they go back and release more content from KOTOR 2, then they could release a new Visas Marr resembling the character that helps Meetra and then takes the principles learned from her and helps to restore the Jedi Order with Attan Rand, Brianna the Handmaiden, and so on. While on the subject, it would be nice to see three versions of Attan Rand release. He was a jedi hunter under Revan and Malak during the sith empire, the Attan Rand version from the game, and then the Jedi Sentinal Attan Rand that helps restore the Jedi Order after the fall of the triumverate. Maybe a good marque event there. Have to collect sith empire and KOTOR 2 characters to use and unlock Jedi Sentinal Attan Rand. Same with the new Visas Marr. And since CG seems to care more about money than good content, good way to make money CG. Just saying.

It would be a good idea. Maybe the current Visas Marr should be given a new outfit so that the sith version would be able to have her sith robes? Two different Visas Marrs wearing the same sith outfit would be kind of confusing. I like the suggestion though!
  • Olegpro
    1 posts Member
    edited June 2020
    Omeah wrote: »

How is it that she is not part of the Old Republic? Wasn’t she a faithful satellite of Meetra Surik? Didn't she help Meetra defeat Darth Nihilus? "Visas Marr played a decisive role in rebuilding the Jedi Order. Moreover, fulfilling the prophecy of Kreis, Visas returned to Qatar and finally saw what she should have." :wink:
    Post edited by Olegpro on