Tie Pilot bug?

Not sure if this is a bug or not, but can someone check to see if Tie Pilot is doing more damage than he should? someones Tie Pilot critted me for 3k, my 5 Star luminara can barely crit for 3.5k, and his Tie Pilot was probably only 3 stars

Replies

• Tie pilot is a glass cannon. He has really high burst damage but dies very quickly. Best advice is to blow him up when you have the chance. For comparison, my tie pilot will crit for 5800.
  • DoseOne
    3 posts Member
    edited December 2015
    genserik wrote: »
    Tie pilot is a glass cannon. He has really high burst damage but dies very quickly. Best advice is to blow him up when you have the chance. For comparison, my tie pilot will crit for 5800.

How many stars is he at? that seems like an unreasonable number unless you actually raised his stars/gear to a high level.....sounds like a bug to me, the resistance pilot could crit for 2.5k at 2 stars before and it was deemed a bug and the thing is, he took 3 hits from my 3 strongest damage dealers and still didnt die..so hes not super glass cannony
  • hey just like to second genserik. TS go check out the other threads about TIE Pilot, this has been discussed before.
    If the TIE Pilot has advantage and is geared/leveled, 3k crit is reasonable. I have a lvl 40 gearV 2 star TIE Pilot and he can crit 2k with Sid as leader already.
  • RAMifications
    189 posts Member
    edited December 2015
    My 53, 4*, lvl vii geared fotp's special crits for 5-6k. Normal attack: 2k dmg, 3k-4k crits. At 51, he one-shot (with triple proc) a 53 sid first turn lol.

Luminara is a different type of attacker. All fotp has its dmg. My Luminara can crit for 3k and heal the whole team for 3.5k. Can't really compare the two.
    Post edited by RAMifications on
    --Nud Stark--
  • Tie fighter pilot can go to gear level VIII.
    His health pool at 5* gear 8, lvl 60 is 6000.
    His physical crit rating is second only to ashoka.
    He has +25 crit chance and crit damage on his passive.
    His basic attack has a 90% chance to hit twice when he has advantage.
    Advantage allows him to bypass armor.
    He has 50ish armor penitration.
    This guy is a beast, and no matter what else is on the field, this guy is the biggest threat there is. You see him, you focus no matter what.

But he is not bugged. He is not op. He doesnt need a nerf. Working as intended.
    "There is no 'try'." - Master Yoda
  • Yikes. This happened to me last night. I saw that he didn't have much defense so I made a very critical mistake and was intent on taking out the healers first. Then he blew away one of my key characters with a 3000+ hit. I was flabbergasted. Now I know. I'm glad this forum exists because I would have assumed it was some sort of bug.
  • Just look at his Agilty rating. Wow. I'm a lower level, about 38 iirc, and he blew through GW, usually downing someone each shot. He fell second to last fight, with AI failing to focus him.
  • Keaven
    1099 posts Member
    FOTP has too much HP fully promoted to be classed as a glass cannon.

He can 1HKO a lot of heroes without buffs off his basic which I feel is overpowered, but with all the bugs in many heroes it's hard to say what is and isn't.
    Profile: Keaven
    Guild: Fear The Boot
  • I do like how tie pilot is the most powerful character in all of Star Wars!
  • I'm sure he will be nerfed in the next update, like the other pilot
  • ccfoo
    154 posts Member
    He is bugged, admit it. Being able to 1 shot any 7* characters fully geared is ridiculous.
  • Randall
    1001 posts Member
    edited January 2016
    DoseOne wrote: »
    genserik wrote: »
    Tie pilot is a glass cannon. He has really high burst damage but dies very quickly. Best advice is to blow him up when you have the chance. For comparison, my tie pilot will crit for 5800.

How many stars is he at? that seems like an unreasonable number unless you actually raised his stars/gear to a high level.....sounds like a bug to me, the resistance pilot could crit for 2.5k at 2 stars before and it was deemed a bug and the thing is, he took 3 hits from my 3 strongest damage dealers and still didnt die..so hes not super glass cannony

I used my Tie Pilot in a challenge just to try him out, with Sidious lead he crit for 3.5k on his special. He is 2 star with gear 5 and was level 44, had less than 1600 power, skills all level 2. He is a long term project for me but I fear he will be nerfed before I get up to speed.
  • Dashboard
    229 posts Member
    edited January 2016
    He is similar to Darth Maul. Except Darth Maul deals more damage to a team full of Jedi's, practically killing any Jedi. FOTP works similarly; he looks at ONE target, deletes them from the field. Other than that, he is easily killed, just like Maul, he needs advantage, just like Maul needs patience.
  • Qeltar
    4326 posts Member
    Dashboard wrote: »
    Other than that, he is easily killed, just like Maul

Why do people keep saying this? IT IS NOT TRUE. He has enormous amounts of health AND enormous DPS. He is completely out of whack.
    Quit 7/14/16. Best of luck to all of you.
  • CronozNL
    2869 posts Member
    @Dashboard

He isn't a glass canon since his hp far outclasses that of i.e. Maul. I'm not for nerfing in general and I'm not sure that gear lvl 8 is the result of this. My 2 star FotP also crits for 5k with gear lvl 6. I do find OP topic valid and like Qeltar says; he does have huge hp and dps.

439-259-888 I have a bad habit of editing my typo's after posting
  • CronozNL
    2869 posts Member
    PS: Resistance Pilot and the other pilot got nerfed as well for doing more dmg than intended. I think devs will do something about it so instead of giving false hope, better to prepare for it in advance.
    439-259-888 I have a bad habit of editing my typo's after posting