FeedBack on Mod Bundles

Bishop688
3 posts Member
edited April 2020
Let us clarity legal and Ethical are two different things first off.

CG has posted 6 bundles to provide modules for Galactic legend characters. Now the bundles talk up the mods like any good sells man does. The issue is that it embellishes far greater then the actual good points of the bundle. This is to the point that the promise and the reality are very far between.

The bundle states words like ‘Special mods’ ‘specifically designed’ for ‘excellent’ utility with Galactic Legend Rey. Now I understand that these words are relative and in a court of law the blame can be established on the consumer for misunderstanding them. Still just because it is legal, should you actually go along this rout?

As for the ethical part of this. The bundle promises a excellent result. I highly doubt Capital Games is so naive, to think this product would not anger a large portion of its customer base. That’s where the ethics comes in. Capital Games is knowingly providing a product that the majority of its consumers would be unhappy with. Ethical Companies provide services that the majority of its consumers are happy with. They act diligently to fix and minimize any actions that hinder this. Obviously that is not what is happening.

Please Capital Games use this as a wake up call and make better long term decisions to ensure loyalty from the consumers that buy your product.
Post edited by Bishop688 on

Replies

• I totally agree with you! It’s a shame to sell such packages for such a high price and not to warn people that it’s like in a lottery and the mods are total normal mods!
  • Really well written. This bundles are on the low side of ethics.
  • Curtismathew
    314 posts Member
    edited April 2020

There I was told you can find 6 speed starters in other places. No one as yet has given me a source or any evidence.

It’s the fact that they’ve not said what the probability of getting high speed (yet alone max speed is), if they were 6E mods, then fair enough, but they are preying on people with these types of bundles. It’s not right.
    Post edited by Kyno on
  • Hortus
    622 posts Member
    edited April 2020

There I was told you can find 6 speed starters in other places. No one as yet has given me a source or any evidence.

It’s the fact that they’ve not said what the probability of getting high speed (yet alone max speed is), if they were 6E mods, then fair enough, but they are preying on people with these types of bundles. It’s not right.

There were some screenshots on the forum with 6 speed starters, so it's possible, while extremely rare.

In fact, there is nothing here but pretty common advertising techniques. "Buy our excellent potatoes, carefully hand-picked from our best fields...", etc. Nothing new, right? Is it illegal? Hardly so (they aren't directly lying). Technically, even price looks justified - if you convert mod prices in the store to crystals and then crystals into money it's pretty much in the line. So, formally, it IS better deal than buying crystals for real money, then buying currency for crystals, then buying random mods for currency. You don't usually buy mods in that way? Well, but you could...

Is it unethical? No more than any other dice game. Also there is nothing new in "money doesn't stink" logic. Most of the business live by it, so one can hardly expect anything else from mobile game handled by EA/Disney.
  • extremely rare but got this one in the mod shop a little while ago1k616v6pvq2g.jpg