Ships and other stuff

I am looking for a little guidance on ship battles here. They seem to be incredibly hard, as usually the AI starts firing and takes out one of my ships in the first round.I usually go with Mace Windu's ship (2 stars, because I can't beat the challenge), Ahsoka's ship (3 stars), a Jedi Consular ship (3 stars) and a Rebellion X-Wing (3 stars). What usually happens is that the X-Wing dies first, and by first I mean without me even using it. It gets blown away in the first AI attack. By the time, I can bring in Ahsoka, the Jedi Consular's ship is already on yellow energy, and it dies shortly after. I'm wondering what I'm doing wrong or how to get the first attack.

And another question: Most tutorials on Youtube feature maxed out 85 toons with 7 stars. I have one 7 star toon (Mace Windu) and I'm on level 70 and constantly low on credits, so I can't max him or any other toons out. Does anyone know of any tutorials which are for real beginners?

Thanks in advance!

Replies

• Antario
    996 posts Member
    Windu's cruiser is arguably the worst capital ship in game atm. I'd rather recommend to start off using Tarkin's Executrix or Ackbar's Home one. They are accessible quite easily f2p.Particularly, the Home One can be paired later with Han's Millennium Falcon, one of the best fleet teams.

Also to prevent your ships dying off too quickly, you need some tanky ships in your starter line up so they can taunt and draw fire away from your squishy damage dealers. The best ship here to go with is the Hound's Tooth (Bossk). This ship is truly a MVP and you can see it being used in almost every ship line-ups. So make sure to get him early.

Also remember that it is not sufficient to level up the ships only. You also need to level up the piloting toon (unless there is none, e.g. Y-wing)! Gear up the pilot and put decent mods on him will increase the stats of the ships as well (including speed, which is important to secure first attack)!

On the other hand, maxing out the pilots to 7 stars is not always a must for ship battles. Take a pilot to gear 11 already allows you to max out their ship skill. For most supporting ships that is enough. Of course for damage dealers, you want to max out the pilot as much as possible.

• Antario
    996 posts Member
    edited April 2020
    First of all, the Windu Endurance is arguably the worst capital ship to start with atm. I'd rather recommend to go for Ackbar's Home one, which is easily accessible early game and much more viable. Ackbars' ship is also needed later to acquire Thrawn's Capital Ship and can be paired with Han's Millennium Falcon, forming one of the best fleets. It won't take you to the end game and is also no more meta in the fleet arena. But it is quite decent early game.

Also to prevent your ships dying off too quickly, you need to get a taunting ship to draw fire away from your squishy damage dealers. One of the best taunting ships atm is the Hound's Tooth (Bossk). This ship is truly a fleet arena MVP and you can see it in almost all start line-ups. So make sure to get it asap. Definitely end game viable.

Last but not least, to make your ships stronger and faster, you also have to level up the piloting toon! There are some ships without pilots (e.g. Y-Wing). But for most ship you need to put decent gears and mods(!) on your toon to also boost the stats of the ship (including speed, which is important for going off first).

On the other hand, you don't really need to have the pilot at 7 star. Having a toon on Gear level 11 is sufficient to to unlock his ship skill to max.level. For most supporting ships this is enough. Of course for damage dealers and tanks you obviously want to bring the pilot also as high as possible.

Btw. if you are low on ship currency, you can buy them using cantina currency in the shop. So once you have bought all useful toons in the cantina shop, start buying the ship currency.
  • Agreed the endurance is good for later on when u have the abilities maxed out. In fact it's the main one I use and I'm in first place for fleet arena. But when I started off I had the home one because it was the only ship that healed and granted bonus protection. I suggest using that along with any ships that can counter attack. Most importantly is consistency for example, ahsoka and her fighter to 7* , gear etc. because resources are limited in this game
  • Thanks for the input. I used to use Tarkin's ship before that, but to no avail. You're talking about taking the pilots to gear level seven. I'm playing this game f2p, and I don't really wanna change that, which means that I can barely get my toons up to gear level 7, considering the little resources and credits I have (I'm usually always broke in the game). Does it even make sense to play ship battles with gear level 7?

As I said before, I'm struggling in the rest of the game as well, although I'm enjoying the game in general, but all the tutorial videos on youtube show maxed out toons with full gear. I'd like to find a video for my level but was unable to until now.
  • Waqui
    8802 posts Member
    St1llborn wrote: »
    Thanks for the input. I used to use Tarkin's ship before that, but to no avail. You're talking about taking the pilots to gear level seven. I'm playing this game f2p, and I don't really wanna change that, which means that I can barely get my toons up to gear level 7, considering the little resources and credits I have (I'm usually always broke in the game). Does it even make sense to play ship battles with gear level 7?

As I said before, I'm struggling in the rest of the game as well, although I'm enjoying the game in general, but all the tutorial videos on youtube show maxed out toons with full gear. I'd like to find a video for my level but was unable to until now.

Fleet arena is the source for fleet currency which will buy you zeta materials as well as some rare characters like Vader, GG, Rex etc. Also, if you collect 5 dark side non-capital ships at 4* or better and 8 non-capital ships of any alignment at 5* or better you can gain access to the zeta ability material challenge. It certainly makes sense to do fleet arena battles. If you climb to rank 500 you will gain an additional 200 fleet currency every day, rank 200 will give you another 200 and at rank 50 you will begin winning crystals as well. Those are the major milestones.

In general, you should only spend your resources on characters, that you are using or will use in the near future. At your stage there are so many characters, that you will need at some point. Planning how to spend your resources is a major aspect of this game.
  • TVF
    36527 posts Member
    Stillborn? Really?
    I need a new message here. https://discord.gg/AmStGTH
  • Rath_Tarr
    4944 posts Member
    Gear your pilots.
  • St1llborn
    9 posts Member
    edited April 2020
    TVF wrote: »
    Stillborn? Really?

Yeah, my origin nick since forever. What's wrong with that?

On another note, does anyone have any hints on how to make more credits in the game? That's my major issue, at the moment.
  • TVF
    36527 posts Member
    St1llborn wrote: »
    TVF wrote: »
    Stillborn? Really?

Yeah, my origin nick since forever. What's wrong with that?

I sincerely hope you never go through what I've gone through.

Off-topic so I'll drop it now. Good luck.
    I need a new message here. https://discord.gg/AmStGTH