is it better to have multiple situational teams? Or one really strong team for all situations

Prev1
I'm pretty new to this game (lvl 66) and I've come to a point I don't really have objectives to work towards, and can really focus on my characters. My current team is Bastila Shan (leader with 200% Protection boost on all jedis), Mace windu (7 stars, I use him do deal big damage using shatterpoint), Ahsoka Tano, (good for buff wiping and healing), Grand Master Yoda (good because he is good), and Ezra Bridger (I use him to call mace windu and deal damage, also nice buff wiping). I also have luminara unduli and jedi consular as swap outs for situations where I need healing. In inventory I have all the tutorial characters, a low level phoenix team, darth vader, and kylo ren unmasked. (plus a bunch of useless lvl 1s I got for free) My jedi team is really the only team I use, And its gotten me pretty far in squad arena, and finished GW every day, But its not outstanding. I was wondering, should I continue to collect Jedis and improve (if so what jedis), start making a separate team (if so what team), or abandon my jedis for a different, better strategy. I guess the underlying question is whether it is better at my level to have a couple strong teams, all for different situations. Or one universal team you use for everything, and pour all your heart and soul into. Any tips pertaining to my situation would also be extremely helpful.

Replies

• Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    start looking at a long term goal. a legendary (or up) or other character you want. check out the team or faction requirements needed and focus on the most versatile set you can make work. you want toons that will fill multiple rolls in you long term plans.

unless you want a specific toon because that is the one you want, there is no real reason to work on a toon that isn't filling a niche that you need/want. at least not in the early game.

afew things to look for pertaining to versatility:
    - used in events to gain gear or materials needed to upgrade
    - pilots
    - useful in multiple events to gain toons
    - useful in raids
    - recent meta (they will be useful in GAC/TW, even if you dont have the full team right now)
    - TB required toons

it may also be helpful to make an SWGOH.gg account so you can share your roster with people when looking for advice.
  • Thank you for the tip, I made an account, How do I share my roster?
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    Go to your character screen and share the link.
  • Damodamo
    1586 posts Member
    edited April 2020
    Mace deals big damage? Really? More than yoda? Really?

But aside, kyno speaks the truth.. post your account and you’ll get advice, post your ally code if you need some help or want to play around with other toons to see how they work..
  • Damodamo
    1586 posts Member
    This is me if you want to add 897-311-786 @vortexx
  • Jarvind
    3926 posts Member
    You definitely need to pick a goal and work on it. Just sort of randomly upgrading stuff will get you nowhere and you'll end up frustrated.

Personally I'd pick somebody to replace Mace in your Jedi team, as he is a hilariously bad character, and start working on them. Jolee is a good one as he's a solid character and will knock out a stepping stone on your way to Jedi Revan.
    u58t4vkrvnrz.png

• You'd want to have multiple really strong teams for all situations, so both in a way. You shouldn't go all in on only one team and r7 before you touch anything else. Rather tou should try and generally build towards a handful of teams, keeping your roster as slim as possible along the way, meaning don't half-**** your teams and have a bunch of toons at g9-10.

Clear candidates would be Revans, GG, Padme, GAS, and to a lesser extent Traya, CLS, Nightsisters, BH. Oh and then there are these new Galactic Legends but they're sort of not an option unless you're a crypto-billionaire or just really really really (really) patient and don't mind having a bunch of literally useless toons at g13 r4-5+.
  • Jarvind wrote: »
    You definitely need to pick a goal and work on it. Just sort of randomly upgrading stuff will get you nowhere and you'll end up frustrated.

Personally I'd pick somebody to replace Mace in your Jedi team, as he is a hilariously bad character, and start working on them. Jolee is a good one as he's a solid character and will knock out a stepping stone on your way to Jedi Revan.

#MaceWillRiseAgain #ReworkMace
  • The hardest thing about the Jedi characters is that some toons we really like and want to use but just are not that good.

Out of the B tiered Jedi these are decently good

aayla
    Plo koon
    Ima-Gun Di

These ones below are just to weak in stats and Kits to be useful as a B tiered Jedi
    Kit fisto (can be modded for Crit Damage for good damage aoe and basic and has health. But damage is still to low)
    Eeth Koth
    Mace
    Jedi Couns
    Jedi Guard
    Qui (Stat wise)
    Lumin (Good for healing early game but falls out of favor)

the other Jedi i did not mention have their uses in their areas like phoenix team, Old republic. Padme
  • TVF
    36591 posts Member
    What does IGD do?
    I need a new message here. https://discord.gg/AmStGTH
  • TVF wrote: »
    What does IGD do?

Survives unlike the other C tier useless jedi, can plug in if you need a particular jedi elsewhere
  • Lethoiun wrote: »
    The hardest thing about the Jedi characters is that some toons we really like and want to use but just are not that good.

Out of the B tiered Jedi these are decently good

aayla
    Plo koon
    Ima-Gun Di

These ones below are just to weak in stats and Kits to be useful as a B tiered Jedi
    Kit fisto (can be modded for Crit Damage for good damage aoe and basic and has health. But damage is still to low)
    Eeth Koth
    Mace
    Jedi Couns
    Jedi Guard
    Qui (Stat wise)
    Lumin (Good for healing early game but falls out of favor)

the other Jedi i did not mention have their uses in their areas like phoenix team, Old republic. Padme

Honestly Aayla is way better than any of the others mentioned. Modded right she can really help shut down the enemy team with her stun on basic. Plo's only real virtue is his ship honestly. Otherwise all the jedi mentioned here are pretty much garbage. GR jedi toons are in serious need of reworks.
  • Honestly Aayla is way better than any of the others mentioned. Modded right she can really help shut down the enemy team with her stun on basic. Plo's only real virtue is his ship honestly. Otherwise all the jedi mentioned here are pretty much garbage. GR jedi toons are in serious need of reworks.[/quote]

Aayla is definitely good, but i put her down there for the never aalyaers. Reliable stun, can call for an assist, counters really hard. Even her B ability can one shot!

GR Jedi needs reworks for sure

• Damodamo wrote: »
    Mace deals big damage? Really? More than yoda? Really?
    Really I just got him up to 7 stars quick, and right now he deals about 5000-6000 a hit, plus 5000-10000 for expose, which is pretty great at my lvl, also there is just a special place in my heart for mace cause he was my first 7 star, and hes so cool. When I get Jolee or Revan hes definitely gone tho. Here's my character code if your interested

https://swgoh.gg/p/739988851/characters/
  • Feel the need to mention that you'd really also want Palpatine at your level. Would give you a very strong early-game DS team.
    What team would you recommend I get for palpatine, I have a pheonix team, are they strong enough for palpitine?

• Sorry about so many posts in a row, I also had to say, I just got yoda, so he's super weak as of now, I'm gonna be putting everything into him cause, he's so dang fun to use.
  • vortexx wrote: »
    Feel the need to mention that you'd really also want Palpatine at your level. Would give you a very strong early-game DS team.
    What team would you recommend I get for palpatine, I have a pheonix team, are they strong enough for palpitine?

Palp final tier is not that difficult, I used Rebels but a decent geared phoenix team should get it
  • Yeah Phoenix will do the job and they'll also get you Thrawn who is a vital part in any Palp squad and otherwise. Old Ben is also a decent pick to unlock Palp, and later on CLS plus he can be pretty plug and play with jedi and rebels, at least until early-endgame.

Oh and I also have a soft spot for Mace even though he technically sucks. I mean he's Jedi Sam L. Jackson. Anyway his ship is decent, and can be a pain in the **** as a defensive fleet, especially if you add ships like HT and Y-wing, so he's not exactly a wasted investment either way. I took my Mace to g12 hoping for a rework that never came. Alas.
  • Give mace a higher expose chance (say 70%), and maybe some nice new special abilities, and I'd totally use him, if not cause he's amazing, prob just for the hec of it because I like him so much
  • Or make him give other jedis a chance to expose, something like legendary battle meditation, that would be cool
  • Meh he needs a complete rework as an attacker imo. He was supposedly the greatest fighter the Jedi had throughout the Clone Wars.

Otherwise I'd really like it if they gave him an afro and a goatee like he had in Pulp Fiction. That alone would be enough for me to g13 him.
  • Anyone else laugh at this? "Mace windu (7 stars, I use him do deal big damage using shatterpoint."

Yes, I know he is new. Doesn't make it less funny
  • Huh, Mace windu travelled from a galaxy far far away to act in a movie. The more you know
    Looking for a new guild? Come check out the Underworld Alliance on Discord:https://discord.gg/wvrYb4Q
  • vortexx wrote: »
    I'm pretty new to this game (lvl 66) and I've come to a point I don't really have objectives to work towards, and can really focus on my characters. My current team is Bastila Shan (leader with 200% Protection boost on all jedis), Mace windu (7 stars, I use him do deal big damage using shatterpoint), Ahsoka Tano, (good for buff wiping and healing), Grand Master Yoda (good because he is good), and Ezra Bridger (I use him to call mace windu and deal damage, also nice buff wiping). I also have luminara unduli and jedi consular as swap outs for situations where I need healing. In inventory I have all the tutorial characters, a low level phoenix team, darth vader, and kylo ren unmasked. (plus a bunch of useless lvl 1s I got for free) My jedi team is really the only team I use, And its gotten me pretty far in squad arena, and finished GW every day, But its not outstanding. I was wondering, should I continue to collect Jedis and improve (if so what jedis), start making a separate team (if so what team), or abandon my jedis for a different, better strategy. I guess the underlying question is whether it is better at my level to have a couple strong teams, all for different situations. Or one universal team you use for everything, and pour all your heart and soul into. Any tips pertaining to my situation would also be extremely helpful.

Realistically you need to think:
    - What would I like?
    - What is good long-term?
    - And of them whom are pilots? Ships matter. I only have the rogue 1 pilots, 5 for hoth TB.
    - Learn how to keep a lean roster. Do not apply green crosses just because you can
    - Learn how to farm and slice mods efficiently and effectively. There are YouTube vids and strategy guides
    - Use GrandIvory's Mod Optimizer for modding.
    - You do need 2 good ship fleets. I recommend rebels and resistance
  • Start working on Separtists and go for padme!! Separtist droids will eventually lead you to GAS or you could go with a Nute lead and that’s a good team. And Padme is one of the best non galactic legend teams. Start working now on Asohka (farm her with cantina tokens) and JKA. And if you can start farming Ewoks for threepio. That’s three good teams right there
  • Start working on Separtists and go for padme!! Separtist droids will eventually lead you to GAS or you could go with a Nute lead and that’s a good team. And Padme is one of the best non galactic legend teams. Start working now on Asohka (farm her with cantina tokens) and JKA. And if you can start farming Ewoks for threepio. That’s three good teams right there

Just take the time to get wicket and logray
  • Right now I'm thinking JKR, that's very long term, but I'm closer to him that padme, do you think padme is better?
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    vortexx wrote: »
    Right now I'm thinking JKR, that's very long term, but I'm closer to him that padme, do you think padme is better?

it depends.

I feel like Padme is a stronger team (once you have a solid GR team) and can really take down more teams, but JKR is a more versatile character/leader/faction.

if you are closer to JKR, I would recommend him.
  • By closer I mean a few Zaalbar shards and a nearly 4 star bastila shan, so it really wouldn't be hard to choose padme, but for now I still am thinking JKR, I really like yoda and bastila shan
  • Dwinkelm
    767 posts Member
    edited April 2020
    BEFORE thinking about end-game squad goals, I think it’s very VERY important to have a scoundrel team strong enough to complete the highest tier of Credit Heist so you can Sim it.

Bounty Hunters double as both scoundrels and themselves, and are needed for Legendary character Chewbacca (one of the best toons in the game), so for this reason I recommend you work on a team of bounty hunters ASAP. Bossk, Boba, Jango, Dengar, (+1 your choice, I recommend IG-88 as he’s also a useful droid).

Most players on the forums have been at level 70+ for four years, and have forgotten how expensive it is to level characters without the best possible source of income. Trust me, you will run out of credits quickly unless you are able to accomplish this.