40th Anniversary of Star Wars: The Empire Strikes

Replies

• TVF
    36527 posts Member
    Sice71 wrote: »
    Us F2P players need more events to catch up to the paid players. I actually started this game 2 years after it came out, so I'm super far behind. Only at 2.3 million GP

Behind who? your arena opponents started when you did, and you GAC opponents have similar Top/total GP as you. Catching up to others is a myth, and having that mythical thing be a goal is what gets people discouraged in this game. Its a journey, and you are on it. Only way to speed it up is money.

Behind the game itself I'd guess.

That's not a thing.
    I need a new message here. https://discord.gg/AmStGTH
  • Monel
    2776 posts Member
    Monel wrote: »
    Gifafi wrote: »
    M.E.G.A

Make Ewoks Great Again!

That's rtoj though

Is it though?
  • The last we heard about a raid it was in the 'ideaation' stage or whatever made up word they used for it. Either way it didn't sound like they'd written a line of code yet whatever the raid is. Plus we'd have months of slowly releasing info before we'd see a raid release.

It's May 4th about a week later and we always get a couple of bonuses for that. I seriously doubt CG are going to be giving anything away for the anniversary.

Someone mentioned that the new hope anniversay celebration was just titles and portraits. That's probably the extent of what we get for ESB. Maybe they'll run an extra round of Rebel Roundup for us.

Maybe if we're really really luckiy we'll get a marquee zero effort no pilot Tie Bomber.
  • I hope we get some more artwork like GLRey.

She can take a beating and still fight on.

Her chin art really exemplifies how durable she is as a character.
  • Legend91
    2441 posts Member
    We will get a nice new pack addition to the store.
    i1ipd7sj5wph.png
    Legend#6873 | YouTube | swgoh.gg
  • I want Starkiller
  • I fighre they'll use this as a chance to rework some Imperial toons like Vader and such.

Theh could add new toons like Needa, Piett, Scout Trooper, Mudtrooper, Sand Trooper, etc. Maybe some Inquisitors.

New raid could be Death Star or an AT-AT which someone else mentioned. I think that would be sweet anyway.

I think this will just be a general Empire thing
  • Bacta Tank Luke... support only. He gets out of the tank and French kisses his sister after a 10 turn cooldown. It sends Han Solo into a rage and you lose. You can stop the rage if you have Incest Tickets which you farm daily.
  • jonnysiniwal
    675 posts Member
    edited April 2020
    kalidor wrote: »
    Space worm capital ship incoming!

I was thinking we might get the remaining bounty hunters from ESB for the 40th, but it seems unlikely now that the bounty hunters from the Mandalorian have been announced.

zuckus and 4lom with their ship would be sick! I can't think of any other characters of interest it could be? We still need dengars ship.
  • Since were getting new content based of the movie ”the empire strikes back” I feel like it’s the perfect time to add characters from the movie. My top pics for this are Zuckuss and 4-LOM.
    New bounty hunters that are in the movie, and two popular characters.
    It would make sense for Zuckuss to be a support bounty hunter and for 4-LOM to be an attacker. And together (simular to Mission and Zalbaar) they would have a bounty hunter duo trait.
    Thoughts?
    veiqp47rv25w.jpeg
    977sdjgj85c9.png
  • I see an incoming rework on ugnaught, Lando and lobot hahahahahahahaha
  • Hikari wrote: »
    LordDirt wrote: »
    Death Star raid confirmed
    Way to pick the one SW movie without a DeathStar.

You realize there is 7 movies without a DeathStar
  • Hikari
    212 posts Member
    ADriver wrote: »
    Hikari wrote: »
    LordDirt wrote: »
    Death Star raid confirmed
    Way to pick the one SW movie without a DeathStar.

You realize there is 7 movies without a DeathStar

I clarified myself once already, but of the original 3 that is the only one.
  • Fanatic
    415 posts Member
    edited April 2020
    MeanBean wrote: »
    Since were getting new content based of the movie ”the empire strikes back”

I'm not persuaded that "We also will have plans to celebrate the 40th Anniversary of Star Wars: The Empire Strikes Back next month, so it should be an action-packed quarter." is the same as "CG plans to add new ESB related content". It could just be some free gifts. It could be purchasable packs for ESB related characters that already exist in the game. It could just be existing ESB related content being run every day for a week. It could be reworks of existing ESB characters. Or some combination of those.
  • Hikari
    212 posts Member
    Fanatic wrote: »
    MeanBean wrote: »
    Since were getting new content based of the movie ”the empire strikes back”

I'm not persuaded that "We also will have plans to celebrate the 40th Anniversary of Star Wars: The Empire Strikes Back next month, so it should be an action-packed quarter." is the same as "CG plans to add new ESB related content". It could just be some free gifts. It could be purchasable packs for ESB related characters that already exist in the game. It could just be existing ESB related content being run every day for a week. It could be reworks of existing ESB characters. Or some combination of those.

I agree with this. I don't think we are getting new content for it. There will be packs there always are. That is why I started the thread. I think that boosting the Hoth TB for the month with Geo TB type rewards would be a sufficient acknowledgement.
  • Didn't we get CLS & R2 and reworks to FB Luke, ST Han, PR Leia, Old Ben, and Raid Han for the 40th anniversary of ANH?
    THE SUPREME JAWA OVERLORD!
  • So we are a few days away from the 40th anniversary on the 21st and no announcement other than some feats in Grand Arena. Is that all we are getting? Does feats in GAC feel like a way to "celebrate" the 40th Anniversary of Star Wars: The Empire Strikes Back? Is this a sign of their "action-packed quarter?"
    Not much communication to go by.
  • I think it would be cool, but won’t happen, if CG allows everyone to run an extra DS Hoth TB for the 40th anniversary.
    Also, just giving the road ahead would be nice too.
    It would be cool also, if we already had a Death Star Raid.
  • The only thing I feel that’ll 100% be confirmed is packs, not just any packs, but trash packs like those mod packs we had.
    I have a bad feeling about this.
  • I keep seeing everyone speculating on a raid or reworks for ESB, as if they forgot the Q&A that explicitly said the raid they were working on is on pause, and they have no current plans for reworks... dont be disappointed if the celebration really is the GAC feats, some packs, and MAYBE a new character or two. I'd be happy with an extra hoth TB though, that's a cool idea.
  • Jakdnels
    786 posts Member
    emoore123 wrote: »
    I keep seeing everyone speculating on a raid or reworks for ESB, as if they forgot the Q&A that explicitly said the raid they were working on is on pause, and they have no current plans for reworks... dont be disappointed if the celebration really is the GAC feats, some packs, and MAYBE a new character or two. I'd be happy with an extra hoth TB though, that's a cool idea.

GAC feats, packs, and maybe a character is not a celebration. It's what we get every month in the game...
  • Jakdnels wrote: »
    I keep seeing everyone speculating on a raid or reworks for ESB, as if they forgot the Q&A that explicitly said the raid they were working on is on pause, and they have no current plans for reworks... dont be disappointed if the celebration really is the GAC feats, some packs, and MAYBE a new character or two. I'd be happy with an extra hoth TB though, that's a cool idea.

GAC feats, packs, and maybe a character is not a celebration. It's what we get every month in the game...

GAC feats are ESB themed, packs would have ESB characters, and new characters would be from ESB. I'd call that a celebration in this game. I'm not sure what you are expecting out of CG. 🤷‍♂️
  • emoore123
    261 posts Member
    Also, they never said you were getting something new in celebration of ESB, just that they had plans for the celebration.
  • emoore123
    261 posts Member
    ZAP wrote: »
    Jakdnels wrote: »

GAC feats are ESB themed, packs would have ESB characters, and new characters would be from ESB. I'd call that a celebration in this game. I'm not sure what you are expecting out of CG. 🤷‍♂️

He just posted what they did for ANH 40th

I miss Kozi’s enthusiasm

So maybe they give us some small gift and some double drops in addition. That'd be nice too, just no one should expect a raid, reworks, or a new hero's journey for luke