Returning Player Looking for Advice on Guild Event Tokens

Hey all. I'll give you some background on me first, but you can skip to the last paragraph if you want to answer my question. I played this game, every day or so, around the time it was released until they released the Rancor Raid/Grand Master Yoda Event. I was working on a Jedi team at the time. I returned to the game last month to see if anything changed and to my surprise they added Knights of the Old Republic characters to the game. This has made me want to play this game again every day (it also reminded me that I should start a new game in KOTOR on my PC so that's what I'm doing too lol). The wiki website: https://wiki.swgoh.help/wiki/Category:Shipment has been a lot of help in figuring out what characters can be in the shipments. I also registered on https://swgoh.gg/p/757612489/squads/

A few weeks ago I got Bastila Shan and Grand Master Yoda and they're a lot of fun. They helped me get my 50th win in galactic war. I'm level 81 now and I feel like I'm progressing in a lot of different areas but these Assault Battles are really cool. I feel like I'm missing out on a lot of free stuff because I can't complete most of them. I've learned that the Phoenix Squad is important for a lot of things (getting 2 empire characters and completing 2 assault battles to name a few), so I want to focus on getting them. I've built up 12,500 Mk I Guild Event Tokens and I was going to save them for Hermit Yoda, Darth Malak or General Skywalker, but I feel like those grinds will take too long. My question is this, should I spend that currency on Hera or Ezra instead (I feel like they are my longest grind characters)? I want to get my phoenix squad to at least 5 stars. Thanks in advance.

Replies

• Waqui
    8802 posts Member
    I would advice to not spend your Guild Event Tokens (GET) on stuff you can acquire from other sources. Hermit Yoda and Wampa shards (and much later also Malak and GAS shards) can't be bought anywhere else. Save your GET for those characters.

If you focus on Phoenix you should take them all the way to 7* and g8/g9. That will make you able to unlock a 7* Thrawn and 7* EP. Both are great and will also help you unlock R2D2, which is later required to unlock CLS. A team of 5* Phoenix will still unlock Thrawn and EP at 5* but that's not enough for R2D2 at 7* and CLS.

If you like Old Republic characters you could also go all out on farming those to unlock JK Revan (and later also Darth Revan).
  • Antario
    996 posts Member
    Hoard your Guild Event Tokens (GET1 + GET2)! I actually stopped buying any gears or shards using GETs. You never know what new toons/ships will be introduced, which can only be bought using GETs. Wampa shards you can actually get by doing the bounty hunter job event. It only gives you 20 pieces per event, but honestly Wampa is not that powerful in game at the moment, so slow farming is fine. Hermit on the other hand is a very important toon with JKR. So probably the only toon I'd buy in the store.

Seems you like Old Repulic toons. However, I'd recommend only to gear them to the minimum required to get JKR and DR. An all old Republic squad is not competitive at all in the game. Can be easily soloed by Malak in GAC. Really only useful for getting the Revans.

• So you guys don't think I should use the tokens to speed up the grind on the Phoenix Squad?
  • Waqui
    8802 posts Member
    edited April 2020
    So you guys don't think I should use the tokens to speed up the grind on the Phoenix Squad?

In the end it's up to you. Do whatever is more fun for you. However, strategically and from a resource management point of view I would advice against it:
    Waqui wrote: »
    I would advice to not spend your Guild Event Tokens (GET) on stuff you can acquire from other sources.

• Okay thanks