New Player - Need guidance/Direction on how to proceed.

Hello folks!

Well, Got into the game about 5 weeks ago. I made this account and jumped in. I fell into the new player mindset, and just started leveling, gearing every toons, acquiring characters I thought looked cool (like sideous, gar) I had no direction.

I started a second account, and jumped into phoenix/FO farming.
* On that second account I have 4/5 phoneix team. And my FO team is basically complete, which is KRU, og kylo, FOX, FOST, FOO.

Which brings us to this account....where should I go from here? I thought gars leadership was cool, mmmm bonus attacks!. I hated fighting boba in battles, so I got him. I like dookus stuns and counter. So as you can imagine....this first account has NO synergy. Im relying on brute force, which is fine >60 im sure...but I can already see how it will hurt me in the long run.

So, wise masters....what are your thoughts on how I should focus/farm as a f2p from this point? Ive considered trying to build a separatist team...but Im not sure how practical that is starting out. Empire or sith team?

I need help here.

here is my gg
https://swgoh.gg/p/937192642/characters/

Thanks in advance!

See you on the tables!

Replies

• LordGrahck
    344 posts Member
    edited April 2020
    Greetings,

As one who has several accounts, I can provide some insight on how to proceed. You're still at a low enough level where you can correct things.

You asked about the Separatist route. Right after Ahnaldt101 showcased his intentions to begin an alt account using Separatists, I started one as well out of curiosity. This account just reached level 65. Plus I have two other accounts that are level 85 with over 2.5 mill GP each, and a fourth account that will be level 85 in few days. So, the info I'm about to give you comes from first hand experience.

Separatists are a reasonably easy farm. The team will consist of Count Dooku, Nute Gunray, Magnaguard, Geo Soldier, Poggle the Lesser. You can also switch one out for Asajj Ventress if you want. Dooku is farmed from both Light side and Dark Side hard nodes. It's one of the earliest hard nodes from each side that you'll have access to, so he's easy to farm and gives you the benefit of fulfilling the light side and dark side daily quests as well as the hard node daily quest as well. Quite worth it if you ask me. Magnaguard and Geo Soldier are both in the cantina missions. Both Nute Gunray and Asajj Ventress are in the Squad Arena store, and Poggle the Lesser is in the Galactic War Store.

Your two primary leaderships will be either Count Dooku or Nute Gunray. Between the two, I'd suggest using Dooku, at least at first. My personal favorite team composition is Dooku, Nute, Magnaguard, Geo Soldier, and Asajj. In early levels, her Strike Fear ability comes in handy over Poggle the Lesser with the ability to not only heal herself, but also dispell enemy buffs and gain turn meter. Plus, she has an AoE on her second special, and has a chance to stun on her basic. The only problem is that she and Nute are both in the Squad Arena Store, meaning you'll have to switch back and forth in farming them.

Phoenix is the "tried and true" method of farming, and Phoenix has regen, retaliation, durability, and high synergy. Separatists, on the other hand, have better base speed and greater damage. Under Dooku's lead, you'll be inflicting quite a few debuffs on the other team that you won't be with Phoenix. Under Nute's lead, you have the chance to be even faster. You can also use Poggle the Lesser for his lead, but it's not as good as Dooku's or Nute's. About the only benefit for using his lead is that your Magnaguard might last just a little longer due to the regen Poggle's lead provides.

One of the nice things about farming Separatists is that you'll be setting things up for Padme when you reach level 85. The average Padme team will use mostly Jedi, many you can farm while also farming your Separatists. Bastila, Ahsoka, Qui Gon, Jedi Knight Anakin, and you can pick any Jedi for the last slot to help you unlock Grand Master Yoda. The reason why I suggest these is that you can get Ahsoka and Qui Gon from the cantina store. Bastila is farmable from a Dark side hard node, level 5, I think, as well as level 2 fleet hard node. Jedi knight anakin is farmable from light side hard node, level 5 as well, meaning that after you finish getting Dooku to 7 star, you can farm them and keep the same pace. At level 85, when you unlock Padme, you can basically switch out Bastila for Padme cause Ahsoka, JKA, QGJ, and GMY are all Galactic Republic toons. Later you can switch out QGJ for Gk when you unlock him.

If you do it right, you'll have a ready made Separatist team to unlock Padme, and the toons ready to go for Padme when the time comes. I would suggest the Separatist route because you already have Count Dooku and Geo Soldier.

Hope this helps,

Lord Grahck
  • In my 3rd account I started with phoenix plus ahsoka and bastilla and slowly farming anakin.
    Once kanan reach 7 stars, I farm mace to 5* along with jedi consular to 5* to get GMY. Once I reached lvl 60 I farm geo soldier, sun fac and spy from the fleet store.

This way I'll get bastilla team with anakin, ahsoka, gmy and ezra. Anakin, ahsoka and gmy can be maxed out for ships and padme team.

And this team can carry far enough to get geo brood alpha to get padme using bugs team.
    Once I got kenobi. I'll replace ezra with kenobi.

This way for ships i'll have anakin, ahsoka, 3 bugs ships + KRU. Somewhere along the way I'll get bossk and hounds tooth.
  • LordGrahck wrote: »
    Greetings,

As one who has several accounts, I can provide some insight on how to proceed. You're still at a low enough level where you can correct things.

You asked about the Separatist route. Right after Ahnaldt101 showcased his intentions to begin an alt account using Separatists, I started one as well out of curiosity. This account just reached level 65. Plus I have two other accounts that are level 85 with over 2.5 mill GP each, and a fourth account that will be level 85 in few days. So, the info I'm about to give you comes from first hand experience.

Separatists are a reasonably easy farm. The team will consist of Count Dooku, Nute Gunray, Magnaguard, Geo Soldier, Poggle the Lesser. You can also switch one out for Asajj Ventress if you want. Dooku is farmed from both Light side and Dark Side hard nodes. It's one of the earliest hard nodes from each side that you'll have access to, so he's easy to farm and gives you the benefit of fulfilling the light side and dark side daily quests as well as the hard node daily quest as well. Quite worth it if you ask me. Magnaguard and Geo Soldier are both in the cantina missions. Both Nute Gunray and Asajj Ventress are in the Squad Arena store, and Poggle the Lesser is in the Galactic War Store.

Your two primary leaderships will be either Count Dooku or Nute Gunray. Between the two, I'd suggest using Dooku, at least at first. My personal favorite team composition is Dooku, Nute, Magnaguard, Geo Soldier, and Asajj. In early levels, her Strike Fear ability comes in handy over Poggle the Lesser with the ability to not only heal herself, but also dispell enemy buffs and gain turn meter. Plus, she has an AoE on her second special, and has a chance to stun on her basic. The only problem is that she and Nute are both in the Squad Arena Store, meaning you'll have to switch back and forth in farming them.

Phoenix is the "tried and true" method of farming, and Phoenix has regen, retaliation, durability, and high synergy. Separatists, on the other hand, have better base speed and greater damage. Under Dooku's lead, you'll be inflicting quite a few debuffs on the other team that you won't be with Phoenix. Under Nute's lead, you have the chance to be even faster. You can also use Poggle the Lesser for his lead, but it's not as good as Dooku's or Nute's. About the only benefit for using his lead is that your Magnaguard might last just a little longer due to the regen Poggle's lead provides.

One of the nice things about farming Separatists is that you'll be setting things up for Padme when you reach level 85. The average Padme team will use mostly Jedi, many you can farm while also farming your Separatists. Bastila, Ahsoka, Qui Gon, Jedi Knight Anakin, and you can pick any Jedi for the last slot to help you unlock Grand Master Yoda. The reason why I suggest these is that you can get Ahsoka and Qui Gon from the cantina store. Bastila is farmable from a Dark side hard node, level 5, I think, as well as level 2 fleet hard node. Jedi knight anakin is farmable from light side hard node, level 5 as well, meaning that after you finish getting Dooku to 7 star, you can farm them and keep the same pace. At level 85, when you unlock Padme, you can basically switch out Bastila for Padme cause Ahsoka, JKA, QGJ, and GMY are all Galactic Republic toons. Later you can switch out QGJ for Gk when you unlock him.

If you do it right, you'll have a ready made Separatist team to unlock Padme, and the toons ready to go for Padme when the time comes. I would suggest the Separatist route because you already have Count Dooku and Geo Soldier.

Hope this helps,

Lord Grahck

Thank you for this! This is very helpful. Even before you replied, I had seen ahnalds vid, and got magna to 2* and working on geo. I have dooku with g7, now working on nute/poggle.

This is great, I have a direction and I feel good about this.
  • EA_Joz
    4056 posts EA Staff (retired)
    I am going to agree with @LordGrahck The Separatist route is a really good path to take :smile: