Mod help

So I hit the mod cap and I am still figuring out what mods are good and what are not. How do you go about deciding what mods get sold and what to keep? At this point I can't get anymore till I do that.

Replies

• Antario
    996 posts Member
    edited April 2020
    Rule number one: sell all mods lower than 5 stars. Unless they have awesome speed secondary. e.g. 4 star mod with 15 speed.

Rule number two: Only keep mods, which have corresponding stats on secondary (unless they are already on primary of course). E.g. Health secondary on health mods, speed secondary on speed mods, potency secondary on potency mods, tenacity secondary on tenacity mods. and so on..

Rule number three: Ignore rule number two if the mod has good speed secondary. At least one speed roll on gray mods and green mods. For blue and purple mods I only keep those with at least two speed rolls.

Rule number four: Keep the gold mods, even if they have crap stats. You can always use them on some ship pilots to boost ship stats.

Rule number five: Square, Diamond, Circle are more common. So Sell those if needed and keep the arrows, triangles and cross.

Above rules are just the way I do it. You probably have to adjust a bit dependent on your game.
  • So then with mk5 series e mods (the 5 dot grey ones if I'm wrong with the lingo). Do you upgrade to roll it's secondarys for each and everyone one or is there only certain primaries to look for? And do roll all the secondary stats.
  • Bromak wrote: »
    So then with mk5 series e mods (the 5 dot grey ones if I'm wrong with the lingo). Do you upgrade to roll it's secondarys for each and everyone one or is there only certain primaries to look for? And do roll all the secondary stats.

That depends on your credits, but typically as Antario suggested, just the right sides ones are worth exposing all the stats, arrow, triangle and cross. As you get more credits saved it might be worth it if you are looking for something specific.
    Make Bronzium autoplay opening an option.
  • Let me add, defense primary on right side is .. just sell it.
  • Antario
    996 posts Member
    edited April 2020
    Bromak wrote: »
    So then with mk5 series e mods (the 5 dot grey ones if I'm wrong with the lingo). Do you upgrade to roll it's secondarys for each and everyone one or is there only certain primaries to look for? And do roll all the secondary stats.

Like I said, it pretty much depends on your game. I understand credit is an issue if you are at beginning or mid game. But if you're near end game, you will get so much extra credits from raids, tb and other events, you literally don't have to worry about spending credits on grey mods. Actually, some of my best speed mods (meaning 20+ secondary) were initially grey mods.

When leveling grey mods, still make sure though you do it cost-efficiently. You have to bring them to level 12 to reveal all secondaries. That's around 86k credit per mod if I'm not mistaken. If there is no speed secondary, I sell it right away. That gives you back 33K credits (for a level 12 5 star grey mod). So in total you only spend 53k rolling a grey mod. Later in the game this amount of credit is just ridiculously small.
  • As others have said, a lot of this depends on where you are in terms of your roster development, but some basic principles are true no matter what:

1) sell 4 dot and below. I still have a couple with like +18 speed in my inventory, but any new 4 dot or below I obtain are instantly sold.

2) sell bad set / primary combos. This is really just for right hand side mods (arrow, triangle, cross) as they’re the ones with multiple options for primary stat. If you have an offence set triangle with defence or protection primary, get rid of it, for example.

3) sell grey left hand side mods. You’ll end up with so many left hand side mods, just get rid of the greys.

4) level intelligently and sell the rubbish. Once I’ve got rid of mods mentioned in 1&2&3, I then level the remaining mods to reveal secondaries. Grey to 12, Green to 9, Blue to 6, Purple to 3. Anything without speed usually gets sold. In fact, I now only keep green +5 and blue +4 or +5, selling those with lower initial speed rolls.

5) Take the good ones to level 12. Again - have a minimum figure in mind. Mine is +10 for blue and purple. Anything below +10 for blue and purple mods usually gets sold.

• 2) sell bad set / primary combos. This is really just for right hand side mods (arrow, triangle, cross) as they’re the ones with multiple options for primary stat. If you have an offence set triangle with defence or protection primary, get rid of it, for example.

What would be the bad combos to look out for? Sorry if this seems like a dumb question, it's all just new to me.
  • Basically mismatch between the goal and type of character the set would go and the primary. For example an offense set is going on big damage dealers. You don't want an offense set triangle with a defense or health primary. They don't match with each other. You want a primary that improves your damage dealing ability. Offense, crit damage, maybe crit chance on that triangle.
  • Rath_Tarr
    4944 posts Member
    This is a mismatched mod. :D
    8ow4mrv02q4z.png
  • The more you collect the more you have to weed. I used to have a -- sell anything with less than 5 speed rule. I've sold some mods with 8 and 9 speed today because the other secondaries were not up to par. I've begun to pay attention to just how high the secondaries that didn't increase are. Flat stats like health in the 200s get sold.