GA - User not filling all spots and winning - Not Fair

I went against a user that didn't fill all spots in GA. He only put 2 really strong teams. It took me 3+ tries to defeat his teams, while he defeated all of mine in just 1 try. He ended up wining by just a few points :'( . I don't think that is fair because:
1. I couldn't get any points from the missing battles.
2. I was also robbed of the opportunity of getting any feats completed.
3. The "Clear x Grand Arena Territories" does not add up empty territories where you didn't attack an adversary.

There was an older post by "PherBall" back in December similar to this one. However, he actually won due to the other player not doing anything, so it was a free win for him. In this case, this player uses it as a strategy. I cannot say that this player is "cheating" as he is just exploiting a weakness in the game, not hacking his way around. So, my suggestions are:

Either
1. Auto-Fill any missing teams so that the roster is always full without giving points (or credit) for those teams. (if I take the time to set my teams and the opposition doesn't, why should they get they also get 730 points if the computer is doing it for them). Now, I could understand if it is 1 max 2 teams, that you would still give them the points (it may have been an honest mistake and missed those) so you could give them those points. But 3+ teams, there shouldn't be any points.
or (what I would prefer ;) )
1. If you don't want to do the "Auto-Fill", you should [at least] give the attacking team "credit" for the missing teams on the opposition. I'm not asking anything crazy, just that you apply the same logic as what you are doing when you are playing with an incomplete team, and you give credit for the unused spot(s).
2. Allow these empty territories to count in the "Clear x Grand Arena Territories".

I believe what I'm asking here is something fair for everyone. I've never been a big fan of Mr.Terrific, but I do believe in the whole "Fair Play" mentality.

Thank you,

Replies

• I do want to clear up 1 misconception in this post, you got full 64 banners (more for fleet) for every missing team in a zone you opened. Since it sounds like you cleared the board, you got max banners for all but 2 battles, yet still were not efficient enough to win.
    Looking for a new guild? Come check out the Underworld Alliance on Discord:https://discord.gg/wvrYb4Q
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    I do want to clear up 1 misconception in this post, you got full 64 banners (more for fleet) for every missing team in a zone you opened. Since it sounds like you cleared the board, you got max banners for all but 2 battles, yet still were not efficient enough to win.

This was my understanding too. The only thing someone can "stop you from getting" is feats. You still get all the points.
  • SuperLui
    11 posts Member
    edited April 2020
    Then this is a bug. I wish I had gotten those banners. I only got banners for the battles that I fought. I ended up with a lot less banners that what I usually get when I clear all the territories.
  • Can't speak for OP's overall situation but it would be nice if any empty zone was filled with the enemy's least powerful characters to allow the player a chance to complete feats.
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    SuperLui wrote: »
    I wish that were true, but no. That is exactly what I'm asking. You do not get the banners if you do not get to fight anyone. Since he didn't have a fleet or any teams in the back territory, I didn't get banners for those territories. I only got banners for the 2 battles that I fought.

to be fair, they didn't get the points for setting those teams. it does have some equality here.

they lost 90 for not placing and you lost a potential 64, per team.

the starting score would have been 180 to 730, they can score a potential 520 vs your potential 128

I must be doing my math wrong or missing some detail, because from what you are saying they "shouldn't be able to win" I am assuming I am missing something:

all conquire bonuses are equal.

7 perfect squad wins, 1 perfect fleet win
    64*7 + 72 = 520

Placing 2 teams
    90*2 = 180

max score (without equal bonuses) = 700 [ placed 2 teams and won every battle at max points]

place 7 teams
    90*7 = 630
    1 fleet 100

defensive setup alone max points (without equal bonuses) = 730
    any points you get for winning should have been gravy.
  • SuperLui wrote: »
    Then this is a bug. I wish I had gotten those banners. I only got banners for the battles that I fought. I ended up with a lot less banners that what I usually get when I clear all the territories.

Then you should submit a bug report showing your missing banners. Everytime players have missed setting teams against me personally the points were automatically added.

That said, Kyno brings up a good point about your math not adding up.
    Looking for a new guild? Come check out the Underworld Alliance on Discord:https://discord.gg/wvrYb4Q
  • Make a screenshot of the board + battles / teams defeated and then make a post on the bug forums is my suggestion so they can look into this.
  • Damodamo
    1586 posts Member
    Yeah I call kitten, screenshots or it didn’t happen.. you can’t loose if your opponent didn’t set full defense, you get max points for the empty slots, you post defense even lvl1/g1 you’ll still get more banners than they do.

Unless your not that great at efficiency and only clear one/two squads.. what’s your gg? @SuperLui id like to have a look once the data is posted there..
  • Waqui
    8802 posts Member
    SuperLui wrote: »

If you found a bug please document it well with screenshots of all territories showing how many teams were set (both yours and your opponen's) and then report it.

Alternatively post your screenshots here instead. Maybe one og us can explain what happened.
  • I’m sorry, I may have gotten the territory points then. I really wish I had gotten screen shots. I hardly ever get into the forum as it is blocked at work and I don’t really have time at home as I have 2 minions (5 and 3 yrs old) running around all day. This issue happened about 2 or 3 refreshes ago, so it is long gone.
    What reminded me about this issue and made me come and post it right now was my last battle during this last GA round. You see, the first battle I did somewhat poorly and I lost but my final score was about 1700. My second battle I won with a score around 1800. In both occasions I cleared all teams and ships from the board.
    In my last battle, however, I was unable to clear 1 team in front of the ship territory (so I couldn’t get to the fleet battle) and I was unable to kill 1 team in the back territory. My final score was around 1080. This is what reminded me of this issue, given that my final score at that time was around 1028/1038 (don’t remember the exact amount, but it was below 1050), while the opposing person got around 1035/1045 (again, don’t remember the exact amount, but it was also less than 1050 and he won within 10 points difference). That is why I was thinking I didn’t get the bonus as my score was not over 1100.
    Thank you so much for your time and suggestions. I will definitely take print screens next time.
  • Waqui
    8802 posts Member
    If you didn't get take screenshots a link to your GAC history (GA # and round) might help as well (even though it doesn't show the territories)