Kit Reveal: The Mandalorian

2Next

Replies

• UdalCuain wrote: »
    Rafini wrote: »
    will it kill a GL in one hit?

Nope. It'll do massive damage instead. It's a destroy effect.

99,999 damage, or 69,999 damage if they have a zeta on the Galactic Legend Unique.

Kinda defeats the purpose of the name.

The name is flavor. Annihilate doesn't work on either GL either. Or NSZ, for that matter. Does it negate the ability against the other 160+ characters in the game?
  • Ultra
    11449 posts Moderator
    UdalCuain wrote: »

99,999 damage, or 69,999 damage if they have a zeta on the Galactic Legend Unique.
    If I'm reading this kit correctly you have to trigger the contract first, then reduce cooldown 8 for the Disintegrate to be ready
    Abilities that start on cooldown mention that this ability starts on cooldown

You can use it immediately once you get his Payout. After usage it has a 8 turn cooldown that can be reduced by 1 for each critical hit by Mandalorian for his second disintegrate usage.
  • Am I reading too much into this? Feels like this won’t be the only iteration of the Mandolorian in this game.

Maybe not the only LS bounty hunter either. The dev insight post says "The second Light Side Bounty Hunter after Greef Karga", which reads like there are more to come. Season 2 Mando in full beskar with jetpack would be an obvious choice. Throw in IG-11 as tank and there's only one more to go. My personal pick for the last slot would be Leia in Boushh disguise :smiley:
  • Treeburner
    773 posts Member
    edited April 2020
    Greef -

Special 1: BRING THEM IN COLD (Cooldown 6)

FINAL TEXT: (ZETA) Dispel all buffs on target enemy, which can't be evaded. Then call all other Bounty Hunter allies to assist. Allies with Payouts active deal 30% more damage. If the enemy is defeated by this ability, Bounty Hunter allies gain Offense Up, Defense Penetration Up, [Critical Chance Up],[ Critical Damage Up], and Health Steal Up for 3 turns.

The synergy is looking nice.

EDIT: top of my head best team might be Boba , Jango, Mando , Bossk , and Greef
    Don't know who would lead the best out of Jango, Mando or bossk though, Jango or Mando for offence Bossk for D maybe .
  • TVF
    36518 posts Member
    UdalCuain wrote: »

Kinda defeats the purpose of the name.

Definitely. CG please change GL kit to fit Mando ability name.
    I need a new message here. https://discord.gg/AmStGTH
  • Would be nice if when you have him at R7 he is in full beskar.
  • Does everyone who is complaining about any time it says "Scoundrels" and leaves out "Bounty Hunters" not realized that every single bh in the game is also a scoundrel? Saying "Scoundrels and/or Bounty Hunters" would be redundant because every single bh already meets the "Scoundrel" req.
  • Decerto wrote: »
    Would be nice if when you have him at R7 he is in full beskar.
    @Decerto maybe when you upgrade relic levels, a piece of his armour changes until its full beskar at r7!

• If they are not planning on another version of the mandalorian, then they need to give him his full beskar armor. I think having multiple versions of the mandalorian would be redundant, so please just give him his armor.
  • No way to regain bounty hunters resolve
  • braccer wrote: »
    If they are not planning on another version of the mandalorian, then they need to give him his full beskar armor. I think having multiple versions of the mandalorian would be redundant, so please just give him his armor.

The rationale in the past has been to take a "snapshot" of most characters. If you want a Mando that disintegrates Jawas with the rifle, he doesn't have all the armour yet.
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    braccer wrote: »
    If they are not planning on another version of the mandalorian, then they need to give him his full beskar armor. I think having multiple versions of the mandalorian would be redundant, so please just give him his armor.

Honestly we have seen more "character development" in what has aired than we do for Han or Chewie and we have multiple versions of them.

I feel like a series like this will lend itself more to multiple versions than the movies do.
  • braccer wrote: »

The rationale in the past has been to take a "snapshot" of most characters. If you want a Mando that disintegrates Jawas with the rifle, he doesn't have all the armour yet.
    That may be true, but he did vaporize guild members in episode 3, when he had the armor. That should have been the version of the character they used. The majority of the show he was in full beskar armor.
  • I foresee a legendary Din Djarin with full beskar armor in the works.
  • Why the "Mandalorian" fraction does not still exist??!!! It is OBVIOUS! We demand!!! There are a lot of characters relating to this fraction!
  • That's right. We need Mandalorians faction, we have a lot of mandalorian characters in game already. Capital Games, do you have hard sclerosis?
  • TheLiz
    43 posts Member
    Maybe they'll add the Armorer and she can provide a defensive buff (beskar armor) to Mando!
  • In the SW world there is a lot of focus on Mandalore right now. The Mandalorian and the final episodes of CW. Will that translate to the game - who knows. It is all cool though. With out the gift of foresight I feel like this was a great move by cg by bumping it up to April instead of September.
    Hopefully we get some more answers in the Q and A.
    Jedis and Mace are still a gaping hole.

Really hoping for some kind of Mandolorian tag and Moff Gideon.
  • G1975
    110 posts Member
    This is the way!!!!
  • Rexollboy
    70 posts Member
    edited April 2020
    Soo when do they usually make him farmable? After the event I mean
  • Ultra
    11449 posts Moderator
    Rexollboy wrote: »

https://swgohevents.com/marquee

I'd suggest bookmarking the site as it'll come in handy
  • Akenno
    538 posts Member
    Why does the Desintegrate ability need crit chance or crit dmg buff to work?
    Wouldn't it be better if it will only deal massive damage instead of instantly defeat someone if he doesn't have the buffs?
  • K4V76
    1 posts Member
    edited April 2020
    I think they messed up calling him Mandalorian as that is the name of the race like Nightsister, Genosian, Ewok etc

He should have just been named Mando, then we could have Boba, Jango, Mando the smelting (femail) Mandalorian (from season 1) and any other to make a team of Mandalorian's later on (say Mandalorian Soldier, Spy, etc selected by Mandalorian in the drop down)?

Would be cool imho - what do you think ?
    Post edited by K4V76 on
  • This character lacks a little boost : he is too easily controlled.
    A "when payout resolves, gain a bonus of critical hit for 2 turns, which can't be dispelled, or prevented" would be very appreciated.
    He would be then a threat to be considered early, and controlled asap before the payout resolves. For now, you only need to dispel him, which is very easy.
  • Foxer
    461 posts Member
    100% ^^^ I know there is more coming to finish out a LS BH team but Greef and mando are lacking the sizzle I was hoping for and to pry my wallet open on this one.... can’t do it for (in my opinion) what looks to be a Young Han middling team...

Mando and company just are not up to snuff on the games best marquees... NS(on release) and Sion(the best buildup anc release ever by CG).

Hoping I’m wrong but with releasing only 2 LS BH, I can wait to atleast farm these 2 until the rest of the team drops and just spend on the second half of it if it’s worth it,,,, “Needs” to be a LSTB dominator to recover on this one.... the only caviate I’ll give if this mando team is gonna be a full marquee release and you threw a bone to the FTP crowd then good on you! And I’ll keep waiting for the LS team to help crack LSTB....
  • TVF
    36518 posts Member
    Ultra wrote: »
    Rexollboy wrote: »

https://swgohevents.com/marquee

I'd suggest bookmarking the site as it'll come in handy

Depends on the toon these days, apparently.
    I need a new message here. https://discord.gg/AmStGTH
  • How good are these zeta in practice? I've got Mando to g11, but not sure whether to zeta yet. Greef is still queueing for stun guns, so isn't ready to join a squad, if that makes a difference.
  • How good are these zeta in practice? I've got Mando to g11, but not sure whether to zeta yet. Greef is still queueing for stun guns, so isn't ready to join a squad, if that makes a difference.

Mando's unique zeta is good. Turn meter is always good. Only apply the lead if you use him as a leader.
    THE SUPREME JAWA OVERLORD!