Mace Windu rework idea (Galactic Republic Jedi)

Ichiraikou
758 posts Member
edited December 2021
Mace Windu
Light Side, Tank (TAC), Galactic Republic, Jedi, Fleet Commander
Aggressive Jedi tank that controls the flow of battle by exploiting enemy Shatterpoints.

Basic: Invincible Assault
FINAL TEXT: Deal Special damage to target enemy. If target enemy has Shatterpoint, Mace Windu recovers 30% Protection. Otherwise he recovers Health equal to 70% of the damage dealt.

Special 1: Smite (Cooldown: 3)
FINAL TEXT: Dispel all buffs from target enemy and deal Special damage to them. If target enemy has Shatterpoint, dispel all buffs from all other enemies and deal Special damage to them, which can’t be countered. This attack can’t be evaded.

Unique 1: Vaapad
FINAL TEXT: At the start of battle, Mace Windu gains Armor equal to his Resistance and Resistance equal to his Armor. In addition, Mace Windu has +30% Counter Chance and +30% Critical Damage.
Mace Windu has +50% Critical Avoidance and +100% Tenacity against enemies with Shatterpoint. At the start of each enemy’s turn, if they have Shatterpoint, Mace Windu gains Taunt until the end of the turn.

Unique 2: Shatterpoint
FINAL TEXT: (ZETA) Whenever Mace Windu deals damage to an enemy, he inflicts Shatterpoint on them for 2 turns, which can’t be resisted. If all allies are Galactic Republic Jedi at the start of battle, enemies with Shatterpoint have -30% Offense and -70% Defense Penetration.
Shatterpoint: This unit has -30% Critical Avoidance and takes bonus damage from Mace Windu.
Some explanations and Stat/G13 finisher change suggestions:
This was originally a response to another post idea, but I wanted to give it it's own place. Especially after all the changes I made compared to then. I also originally thought that since Mace has really low Critical Chance I wanted him to not be so critically focused. But since his high tenacity works really well with GMY's lead, I eventually decided some Critical Synergy in there would be nice and logical.
Finally I suggest these changes to his G13 finisher, since I don't use Physical damage at all and heavily rely on health steal in this kit.
Power Cell Injector (Plasma) – Mace Windu:
Current:
  • +265 Tactics
  • +50 Physical Critical Chance
  • +50 Special Critical Chance
  • +65 Armor Penetration
  • +60 Resistance Penetration
  • +10.0% Health Steal
  • +8 Speed
New suggested:
  • +265 Tactics
  • +105 Special Critical Chance
  • +120 Resistance Penetration
  • +25.0% Health Steal
  • +8 Speed
As always, tell me what you think.
Post edited by Ichiraikou on

Replies

• very cool, he seems very similar to darth sion, but a jedi.
  • Made some small updates to the kit. Most notably the Foresight effect added to the zeta. But also some reduced damage numbers in the basic and the Shatterpoint debuff.
  • There are years that we wait for Mace upgrade.... :D
  • Made some changes to the kit idea. Most notably, I moved the zeta to the Shatterpoint unique. This is because I changed it's effect to more include Shatterpoint, since I found the previous Zeta's effect to be too powerful and didn't restrict enough to Galactic Republic Jedi. Also added some changes for stats and his G13 finisher, to better work with the kit. Since most of it is on the finisher, which is unique to each character, they shouldn't be too hard to implement nor effect low level arena too much. But overall I just had time and motivation to do this. As always, tell me what you think.
  • TheChild_eats_eggs1
    1459 posts Member
    edited January 2021
    Love your idea. Not too OP. Just for a Squad Arena Store character, Shatterpoint is too OP. Maybe 20% Max Health. It's like a permanent expose with Shatterpoint. Otherwise, Malak dies in 4 hits (mish mash with some generic / New GR Jedi TM swappers, that won't be too good.
    My discord - BabyYoda#4470 My swgoh.gg - https://swgoh.gg/p/648565123/
  • Love your idea. Not too OP. Just for a Squad Arena Store character, Shatterpoint is too OP. Maybe 20% Max Health. It's like a permanent expose with Shatterpoint. Otherwise, Malak dies in 4 hits (mish mash with some generic / New GR Jedi TM swappers, that won't be too good.

Glad you like it. I suppose your right on the shatterpoint part. I've edited it, reduced it to 20% Max Health.
  • I think a good way to change the galactic Republic jedi would be to give them a sub tag of master or council. All jedi leadership would then have great synergy with each other
  • I think a good way to change the galactic Republic jedi would be to give them a sub tag of master or council. All jedi leadership would then have great synergy with each other

I designed this mace with the same group and tags as Ki-Adi-Mundi in mind. But who knows, we might just get something like that one day.
  • This is really awesome. Since they won't rework characters, they should launch a new Windu based on this kit.
  • TerryH wrote: »
    This is really awesome. Since they won't rework characters, they should launch a new Windu based on this kit.

Glad you like it.
  • PigRiderStarWatcher
    56 posts Member
    edited April 2021
    This takes me 30 minutes to type:

Well organized, and nice design. Despite how much I dislike Mace Windu's arrogance (you know, TCW S5 finale "this is actually yout Great Trial"), your rework of him is awesome! However, ther are a few things that confuse me a little bit. I won't go into the relic stuff you said in the spoilers part because I am not an expert of it. I am more focused on characters and their abilities per se.

Ok, here are my suggetions and concerns:

1. Special Damage in the basic ability is OP.
    All of your (non-unique) abilities involve Special Damge. According to swgoh.gg, at R7 without mods:

Physical Offense:
    Windu's Physical Offense is 4319, wihch is a little bit lower than Barris' Phsical Offense (4844), and lower than than Malak's Physical Offense(5633);

Special Offense:
    Windu's Special Offense is 7473, which is higher than Legendary Han Solo's Physical Offense (7086).

Since his determined nature is an aggressive Tank (still a Tank), I fear it might be OP if you use Special Damage in his basic attack. I'm fine with the Special damage in "Smite",since the Special ability has cooldowns. Special damage is high enough, and if Windu attacks an enemy with Shatterpoint, then that enemy is gonna die without crying to their mama. This might be way OP if Mace is modded with Offense or Critical Chance/Damge, so I would think Physical damage is descent enough. If you disagree, welcome to counter!
    2. Yout inspiration of "Vaapad" is?
    From the persepctive of teaming up in the game, I understant your addition of +100% Tenacity in your "Vaapad". But I don't understand the +100% Critical Avoidance" part. What is the reason you give this to him?

Here is a quote I excepted from Fandom:
    "Practitioners of Vaapad drew on their anger and passion, but never gave in to them. Compared with the other lightsaber forms, which directed warriors to master their emotions, Vaapad's approach was dangerous. "

So based on this quote, I didn't see any connection between Critical Avoidance and Vaapad. Maybe you designed this without considering what is actually "Vaappad". That's fine, because people make fascinating creative ideas in many ways. Yet I still want to know the answer to the question I said above.
    3. "Shatterpoint" Raid Boss description
    I suggest you need to be more clarified in terms of Shatterpoint's effect on Raid Bosses. You didn't say what would Shatterpoint affect the Raid Bosses: would it be -20% Defense? -50% Critical Avoidance? Or anything? I mean, you can't leave it just as "except for Raid Bosses".
    On the other hand, Thrawn's basic, for example, clearly distinguishes its effect on characters (Speed Up then Ability Block, or Stun the one who has Ability Block and that on raid bosses (Defense Down)

4. Maybe there is a typo in your "Shatterpoint" unique. "Defense" is the term more used by CG," not defence". But that's not a big problem.

That's all what I have for now, and I hope this helps!
    Post edited by PigRiderStarWatcher on
  • @PigRiderStarWatcher thank you for the response. But if you'll permit me, I'm going to argue with you.
    Special damage on basic:
    I made the basic deal special damage precisely because of the reason you state it shouldn't. His physical offence is really bad. His special offence thou is really good (a little lower than Grand Master Yoda's to be precise). Since this kit really depends on health steal, he needed to do good consistent damage. Plus the changes to his relic I proposed are based on that, as they are mostly just replacing the physical bonusses they provide to special ones. (and more health steal). There is one thing about the damage you are forgetting thou: The ability modifiers. Each ability deals damage based on the characters offence and the ability's modifier. A good example of this is Grand Master Yoda. His aoe buff copy special deals really low damage despite it also dealing special damage like his basic and other specials. This is because it has a really low damage modifier. (this is also why he is such a beast with his other 2 damaging abilities: They have really good damage modifiers)So if Mace's basic ends up being too powerful, the modifier can always be lowered to make up for it. But him using his best stats in his kit just makes the most sense to me.
    Inspiration of Vaapad:
    I'll admit. When I design my kits, I tend to look more from a game design and synergy perspective than anything else. That doesn't mean I completely ignore lore and character of course, but it's not my primary focus. With Shatterpoint his offensive capabilities have already been covered quite nicely, so adding more offence on top of that is just overkill.
    Having said all that, I haven't exactly pulled those stats out of nowhere. I based my version of Vaapad mostly on this quote:
    Vaapad was explained as being a state of mind rather than just a fighting style, allowing the wielder to channel his own inner darkness into the duel, and accept the fury of the opponent.
    Granted this is from the Legends version of Vaapad, so I'll admit it's a bit out there. But it's still an explanation of Vaapad. The Critical Avoidance is specifically based on the "Accept the fury of the opponent" part. As I think being able to prevent critical hits is a good way of showing you can take the fury in the opponents blows.
    Shatterpoint Raid Bosses:
    I don't know what to say here. I mean, he just wasn't designed to be a Raid character. (The new rancor raid prevents all characters from recovering any protection, or any health trough health steal. So... He's obviously not going to be of much use there).
    But besides that, why does Shatterpoint need to do something different for raid bosses? For Thrawn it's necessary because Raid bosses are immune to ability block and having their speed set to 0 would be way too overpowered. So he needs different effects for them. But Mace's effects are generally just as useful against raid bosses as anyone else. He still gains his effects from the Vaapad unique and his zeta. It's just that he can't cause them to lose 20% health with a single attack. As that would be way broken. He still deals bonus damage to them thou, just reduced damage. Not to mention Raid bosses still have -35% Critical Avoidance.

Also on "Defence", I think that has to do with British vs American. As Defence is how I was thought it was spelled (and my autocorrect says it must be). I'll keep using it that way thou, as otherwise I'll quickly get confused and I'd like to keep the energy on the kit's themselves, not on my dialect.

Once again thanks for the response. Is always nice.
  • Ok, now it turns out better! I think CG will miss out great opportunities if they don't take a glimpse of this.

• Great Kit! @Ichiraikou
  • Mace should also be able to Dispel all Snakes.
  • Xcien
    2436 posts Member
    Great kit, @Ichiraikou
    I've found this whole experience to be very enlightening.

Thank you for evaluating. Your feedback is appreciated.
  • Xcien wrote: »
    Great kit, @Ichiraikou

I agree,
  • Pretty good kit. One question though @Ichiraikou
    Shatterpoint (Unique) (Zeta)
    Whenever Mace Windu damages an enemy, he inflicts Shatterpoint on them for 2 turns. This effect can’t be Resisted and ignores immunities. If all allies are Galactic Republic Jedi at the start of battle, enemies with Shatterpoint have -35% Offence, -35% Counter Chance, and can’t ignore Defence.

What do you mean by "can't ignore defense"? Do you mean:
    1. Enemies' attacks can't ignore defense?
    2. If we attack them, their defense can't be ignored?

Just want to be clear, and I think the 1st one makes sense.
  • Pretty good kit. One question though @Ichiraikou
    Shatterpoint (Unique) (Zeta)
    Whenever Mace Windu damages an enemy, he inflicts Shatterpoint on them for 2 turns. This effect can’t be Resisted and ignores immunities. If all allies are Galactic Republic Jedi at the start of battle, enemies with Shatterpoint have -35% Offence, -35% Counter Chance, and can’t ignore Defence.

What do you mean by "can't ignore defense"? Do you mean:
    1. Enemies' attacks can't ignore defense?
    2. If we attack them, their defense can't be ignored?

Just want to be clear, and I think the 1st one makes sense.

@MasterVader64 It's basically the 1st one yes. Glad you like it.