Draw in GA

JohnLove11
153 posts Member
edited April 2020
I just drew my GA but lost as the other player had a higher GP. If you have the higher GP you essentially have more firepower and are expected to win (understand this is not always the case as people gear up bad toons giving them a higher GP).

But in this case I was against someone who had a much better roster than me, I had to change up my attacking strategy to get the full clear and it was tough but got a pretty good score overall! My opponent attacked me and got the same score but it feels like it was a better result for me than them given what was available to us both which is frustrating when they get the win for it.

you could argue they have invested more in their team, or have been playing longer or something so deserve to win

maybe I'm just being a sore loser and need to listen to mobile gamer and WHALE HARDER haha, but does anyone actually know why it goes to the higher GP player?

Replies

• Waqui
    8802 posts Member
    Because CG wants to reward players, who invested more resources in their rosters in the rare cases of draws.
  • avihas
    247 posts Member
    You're not a sore loser. Your argument is legitimate.
    Nevertheless, one of the core aspect of GAC is to give the advantage to those who have broader teams. The devs more than once said they see it as one of the keys (to success) in the latter part of the game. There are plenty places where more focus players got the advantage, and while it is also true here to some degree, in GAC there'a also importance to much wider spectrum of teams. Those who are more evenly spread their resources deserve something in this game which give them advantage.

And yet, there are more than 1 way to overcome rivals with higher gp. I for once, faced most of the time folks with higher gp (sometimes up to 600k more) and won more than I lost
  • Rath_Tarr
    4944 posts Member
    Waqui wrote: »
    Because CG wants to reward players, who invested more resources in their rosters in the rare cases of draws.
    Or because the devs wanted a simple solution and picked this one back in the early GA days when matchmaking was always by total GP.
  • Waqui
    8802 posts Member
    Rath_Tarr wrote: »
    Or because the devs wanted a simple solution and picked this one back in the early GA days when matchmaking was always by total GP.

Wasn't relevant GP (Matchmaking/top-X GP) used as tiebreaker in the early days of GAC?
  • Rath_Tarr
    4944 posts Member

Wasn't relevant GP (Matchmaking/top-X GP) used as tiebreaker in the early days of GAC?
    Honestly, I don't know which of the available GP values they use for tiebreaks since GAC changed the matchmaking GP.
  • Gifafi
    6017 posts Member
    it's total gp iirc, why would it be anything different?
    Maybe End Game isn't for you
  • Waqui
    8802 posts Member

Honestly, I don't know which of the available GP values they use for tiebreaks since GAC changed the matchmaking GP.

I seem to remember that the tiebreaker was changed from top-X GP to total GP at about the same time they stopped cross-division and cross-league matches.

Not 100% sure, though.

• Gifafi
    6017 posts Member
    edited April 2020
    pretty sure it was always total, but idk either lol. Maybe @Kyno knows/remembers? Ughh I really didn't care but now kinda want to know
    Maybe End Game isn't for you
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    I believe they are correct, it was changed.
  • Rath_Tarr
    4944 posts Member
    Gifafi wrote: »
    Ughh I really didn't care but now kinda want to know
    Best post in the thread! :D
  • CrownedPrince
    51 posts Member
    edited June 2020

I seem to remember that the tiebreaker was changed from top-X GP to total GP at about the same time they stopped cross-division and cross-league matches.

Not 100% sure, though.

This was never true.

Grand Arena was patched on 12/4/18. Developer Post: https://forums.galaxy-of-heroes.starwars.ea.com/discussion/189068/title-update-14-12-4-2018

From this post: Tiebreakers: In the rare occasion of the event ending with tied banners, the player with the higher GP will win. In the extremely rare chance of equal Banners and equal GP, a random player wins.

First season started 12/6/18: Developer Post: https://forums.galaxy-of-heroes.starwars.ea.com/discussion/189381/grand-arena-exhibition-season-starts-today#latest

Developers made another post about tie-breakers: https://forums.galaxy-of-heroes.starwars.ea.com/discussion/189892/grand-arena-tie-breakers#latest

From this post: If two players tie in Grand Arena with the exact same amount of Banners at the end of a round then Galactic Power will be used to resolve the tie. The Galactic Power of both players is captured at the time of matchmaking and does not update at the end of a battle. This means at the end of an event both player's GP may have changed and will not be representative of who would win in a tie.

Basically the GP you have when you press "Join" is the GP used to determine a tie-breaker.
    Post edited by CrownedPrince on
  • CrownedPrince
    51 posts Member
    edited June 2020
    Double post, ignore.
    Post edited by CrownedPrince on
  • Now that I had a draw and had to come here to find that rule, I confirm this is pretty unfair.
    Devs should at least make an effort to find an alternative.
  • Defeat for whoever played the last fight seems fair.
    It's in these rare very tight matchs where knowing exactly how many banners you need in your last fight to win the round is clearly an advantage.
    And playing first or last is not a strategic decision, it's a real life schedule issue.
  • Waqui
    8802 posts Member

Not 100% sure, though.

This was never true.

Grand Arena was patched on 12/4/18. Developer Post: https://forums.galaxy-of-heroes.starwars.ea.com/discussion/189068/title-update-14-12-4-2018

From this post: Tiebreakers: In the rare occasion of the event ending with tied banners, the player with the higher GP will win. In the extremely rare chance of equal Banners and equal GP, a random player wins.

First season started 12/6/18: Developer Post: https://forums.galaxy-of-heroes.starwars.ea.com/discussion/189381/grand-arena-exhibition-season-starts-today#latest

Developers made another post about tie-breakers: https://forums.galaxy-of-heroes.starwars.ea.com/discussion/189892/grand-arena-tie-breakers#latest

From this post: If two players tie in Grand Arena with the exact same amount of Banners at the end of a round then Galactic Power will be used to resolve the tie. The Galactic Power of both players is captured at the time of matchmaking and does not update at the end of a battle. This means at the end of an event both player's GP may have changed and will not be representative of who would win in a tie.

Basically the GP you have when you press "Join" is the GP used to determine a tie-breaker.

Why do you quote old posts from 2018 about GA - when we were discussing GAC? What do they prove?

Oh! Necro.... *sigh*