Why use Jolee with JKR

2Next

Replies

• Gifafi wrote: »
    yes, most people used jolee with bast. that's the point people are making imo

Yeah. It’s been, what, almost a year (?) since I’ve seen a Bastilla lead in a PvP environment (except using her on O in corner cases) but my memory is that EVERYBODY used Jolee. The only reason not to was because you didnt have him farmed and ready. I think I even remember people using him at 6*.
  • Bigbearxba wrote: »
    Gifafi wrote: »
    yes, most people used jolee with bast. that's the point people are making imo

Yeah. It’s been, what, almost a year (?) since I’ve seen a Bastilla lead in a PvP environment (except using her on O in corner cases) but my memory is that EVERYBODY used Jolee. The only reason not to was because you didnt have him farmed and ready. I think I even remember people using him at 6*.

My current Arena team on an old shard (Started playing shortly after launch). Obviously GL Rey teams, GAS teams do better but I still hang on, while my DR team takes shape.

0na3rrzt8udq.png
  • Gifafi
    6017 posts Member
    think you can break top 100 when your dr squad comes around? (srs q, I'm curious)
    Maybe End Game isn't for you
  • TVF
    36524 posts Member
    I feel like this is anecdotal proof for my theory that older shards are often easier due to people quitting.
    I need a new message here. https://discord.gg/AmStGTH
  • I understand bastilla and GMY, but can someone explain the synergy with Jolee? Is it just because he is both Jedi and Galactic Republic?

Ah just want point out jolee isn't actually galactic republic, but he is the most essential after JKR for that team as like @Phlangd said his unique zeta can review all Jedi ally's so high/ protection on him would be ideal

Old Republic, not Galactic Republic. And you want to mod him for health over protection.

Old Galactic Republic.
  • Turvantus
    223 posts Member
    oay7t1528smd.jpeg

These two variants (maybe Ezra instead of Hoda sometimes) are essentially all I ever use.

zBastila variant pretty much nukes GG squads welllllll beyond the relic levels my team has.

For everything else is the other variant.

Point is, Jolee is in both. Pretty self-explanatory how essential he is. Hoda is just icing on the cake, as it’s more power and survivability to the team. However, Hoda is very plug n play. So I tend to swap Ezra from time to time.
  • He's a light-side necromancer
  • Nihion
    3340 posts Member
    OP you can put whoever you want in that team, but know that Jolee is absolutely essential if you want to beat many many teams with JKR. This has been said before, but a relic’d Jolee deters many people because his survivability is insane, and when he survives, the team never dies. Just my two cents.
  • Antario
    996 posts Member
    Btw. Jolee should be modded for tenacity, not only for health...
  • Turvantus
    223 posts Member
    In hindsight I’d have relic’d Jolee instead of Revan, as I really try to limit a squad to 2~3 relics that transform a team. At the time I simply needed a faster Revan, and just haven’t found my way back to it yet. Just too much stuff CG keeps throwing at us - and just not willing to expedite my progression as others choose to. Which is fine, it’s their choice. Can respect that. Just set my own personal limitations.

Either way, Jolee is insane and should not be so easily underestimated as the OP was doing. Wat is good for a reason (we’ll definitely multiple reasons), Daka is good for a reason, even Vandor is good for a reason. Revivers are not abundant in this game, and thank goodness for that - they instantly elevate a team to new heights.
  • I'll be honest OP, if you left just when JKR came out and only experienced the standard Basti, GMY, Hoda, OldBen, GK/thrawn/nihilus/talzin used to counter the EP Nightmare teams it's perfectly understandable to wonder what the fuss is about with jolee.

At the time you left he was never used on any bastila lead team in PvP although he had a bit of a niche role in the phase 2 sith raid team. Most people thought he was pretty lackluster and not worth investment other than as a potential event requirement between early July when he was released and October when JKR came out.

Then JKR came out and jedi suddenly had enough damage to kill things quickly which meant that in the jedi mirror match you benefited from having a revive. Jolee under JRK became a standard, mirror matches lasted close to time out but were not mod-quality dependent so the second coming of the JKR event resulted in very long climbs of very long matches. Jolee got the blame for how horrible the JKR meta was and has stuck in people's minds as always amazing (why I think some people here miss-remember that short period before JKR) despite the initial reaction to him being "Meh... bit crap"

Jolee shines when the team you face can kill stuff quick but can't prevent revives e.g. mirror match, CLS rebels and GG + Sep droids. If using jedi vs darth revan, the two galactic legends or sith with nihilus etc. don't bother using jolee.
  • TVF
    36524 posts Member
    ZAP wrote: »
    TVF wrote: »
    I feel like this is anecdotal proof for my theory that older shards are often easier due to people quitting.

No, anecdotal and proof do not belong together lol

Oh hey thanks for getting my joke.
  • TVF
    36524 posts Member

No, anecdotal and proof do not belong together lol

Oh hey thanks for getting my joke.

My bad, since you’ve stated numerous times you think older shards are easier due to people quitting, I missed the joke 🤷‍♂️

The joke part was combining anecdotal with proof, not the overall sentiment.
  • I'll be honest OP, if you left just when JKR came out and only experienced the standard Basti, GMY, Hoda, OldBen, GK/thrawn/nihilus/talzin used to counter the EP Nightmare teams it's perfectly understandable to wonder what the fuss is about with jolee.

At the time you left he was never used on any bastila lead team in PvP although he had a bit of a niche role in the phase 2 sith raid team. Most people thought he was pretty lackluster and not worth investment other than as a potential event requirement between early July when he was released and October when JKR came out.

Then JKR came out and jedi suddenly had enough damage to kill things quickly which meant that in the jedi mirror match you benefited from having a revive. Jolee under JRK became a standard, mirror matches lasted close to time out but were not mod-quality dependent so the second coming of the JKR event resulted in very long climbs of very long matches. Jolee got the blame for how horrible the JKR meta was and has stuck in people's minds as always amazing (why I think some people here miss-remember that short period before JKR) despite the initial reaction to him being "Meh... bit crap"

Jolee shines when the team you face can kill stuff quick but can't prevent revives e.g. mirror match, CLS rebels and GG + Sep droids. If using jedi vs darth revan, the two galactic legends or sith with nihilus etc. don't bother using jolee.

Thanks, super helpful response. I appreciate it