What do I need to beat tier 5 of Aggressive Negotiations?

Prev1
Hey, so yesterday I tried to beat tier 5 of AG with G9 seps, I failed. So my add on plan is to get GG and Ventress to G10 and leave B2, Magna, and Sun Fac at G9 and try again. If that fails I’ll bring the G9’s on my team to G10. What are some thoughts on my plan? Should I try the first part or get my sep team all to G10?

Thanks

Replies

• If you can get Nute Gunray up to speed that would be really helpful.
  • jroos100 wrote: »
    If you can get Nute Gunray up to speed that would be really helpful.

I love the advice, but I’m F2P and I’ve already poured my resources into making my current team. So I don’t plan to go off the rails and gear him up. Thanks for the advice though
  • A Nute led seps team is pretty good for it, but you practically require his lead to be zeta'd. Or you can just get Geos to G9 under GBA lead and they can auto it for you.
  • A Nute led seps team is pretty good for it, but you practically require his lead to be zeta'd. Or you can just get Geos to G9 under GBA lead and they can auto it for you.

Nute lead isn't a zeta. And he makes this event much easier.
  • Overboss wrote: »
    A Nute led seps team is pretty good for it, but you practically require his lead to be zeta'd. Or you can just get Geos to G9 under GBA lead and they can auto it for you.

Nute lead isn't a zeta. And he makes this event much easier.

Sorry, Omega, I always just call every maxed ability a zeta and it's a terrible habit of mine

I love the advice, but I’m F2P and I’ve already poured my resources into making my current team. So I don’t plan to go off the rails and gear him up. Thanks for the advice though

Nute will allow you to get her to 7 * with similar gear to what you have now, it's about the best investment you can make for Padme as F2P, no zeta required. Also G9 isn't an irrevocable error anyway, even when as new to the game as you presumably are. Or as mentioned, Geos are a good alternative.
  • I'm F2P as well on the account I used Geos and I have to say that it only took me maybe a month at worst to grind them up to where I have everyone else. Granted I already had several of them at 4 stars, but I didn't have GBA at all and none of them were geared. It's not the worst time investment in the game either, since they're useful in Grand Arena.

Nute will allow you to get her to 7 * with similar gear to what you have now, it's about the best investment you can make for Padme as F2P, no zeta required. Also G9 isn't an irrevocable error anyway, even when as new to the game as you presumably are. Or as mentioned, Geos are a good alternative.

Ok, I’ll consider it, but I I do, who should I swap out for him?

Ok, I’ll consider it, but I I do, who should I swap out for him?

If it was me I'd swap out either Magna or Sun Fac (probably Sun Fac so Grievous still synergizes with Magna) cuz you'll probably only need one tank anyway.
  • Ideally get Nute up to snuff. The investment will pay dividends beyond Padme as Nute led teams are very fun, powerful and useful in many game modes.
  • geos made the event easy, alpha lead
  • Not to put off the advice or be disrespectful , but does anyone have answers to the question I asked? I really would like to have a Padme soon.
  • RoBane1738
    267 posts Member
    edited April 2020
    Jango was key for me, just try make sure he delivers the kill shot. No rez if he kills
  • Not to put off the advice or be disrespectful , but does anyone have answers to the question I asked? I really would like to have a Padme soon.

We are answering your question. Your current team as is may not cut it. GG without his metal monstrosity zeta is going to just hurt you. You also need B1 to make that team pop.
    So the best course of action is to get Geo Brood up to snuff and his genosians, or work on Nute.
  • F2P here and i just got Padme 7* today with Geos, everyone Omega'ed and GBA with his double Z although they are kind of a gear salad:
    GBA and GS: G11
    PTL: G10
    SF and GSpy: G9

You just need to survive the initial onslaought and terminate Padme as soon as possible.
  • Lysandrax
    1127 posts Member
    Not to put off the advice or be disrespectful , but does anyone have answers to the question I asked? I really would like to have a Padme soon.

You can either get nute (extremely ftp option)
    And/ or geo brood alpha (again, ftp)
    Or you can throw another 2 months worth of gear at the team you are currently using that then wont help you beat tier 7 for yet another 3 months after that.
    GG is an end game farm toon.
    Nute and gba are your best options.

There's your answer.

Yeah I'm gonna be real with you like some of the other people are, not to be disrespectful, but if you plan to limit yourself entirely to the team you're currently rocking, then you asked a nearly impossible question. Geos or Nute, unless you plan to start farming for B1 and zeta-ing everyone you have under the Seps tag, you can't put together a winning team for tier 7 and maybe not even 6 or 5.
  • It is foolish to not ramp up your Geo's and Nute. The 2nd most rewarding TB requires them. Go all out on all Seps and a high_GP guild might be willing to let you tag along. Forget Padme and kill Ackley. You'll be getting far more rewards from being in a guild that want that than the wrong Seps (none are really wrong) and Padme
  • Fulcrummaster
    18 posts Member
    edited April 2020
    Ravens1113 wrote: »
    Not to put off the advice or be disrespectful , but does anyone have answers to the question I asked? I really would like to have a Padme soon.

We are answering your question. Your current team as is may not cut it. GG without his metal monstrosity zeta is going to just hurt you. You also need B1 to make that team pop.
    So the best course of action is to get Geo Brood up to snuff and his genosians, or work on Nute.

Ok, Yes you are answering my question, but I guess what I’m trying to say is what should I do with the team I have right now? I only plan on using this team to beat tier 5 so I can unlock her so I can have her at 5*’s and have more patience to gear up a better team for tiers 6 and 7
    Post edited by Fulcrummaster on
  • Jbnf
    120 posts Member
    I would change your plan and use a different team to unlock her. Personally, I didn't have GBA or Spy even at 5* when I did T5-7 of the event, so Geos weren't a viable option for me, and I didn't have GG, Droideka, B1, or B2 starred up either. I ended up using Nute (L, G9), Jango (G12), AV (G11), and Magna and Poggle, who were somewhere between G7-9. Obviously not a strat that will work for everyone, but for it to work, Nute's lead was key. You don't even need him at a high gear level, but using him as lead on that team and just taking out GG, and maybe gearing the team up a tier or two should be enough to at least unlock Padme.
  • Fulcrummaster
    18 posts Member
    edited April 2020
    Jbnf wrote: »
    I would change your plan and use a different team to unlock her. Personally, I didn't have GBA or Spy even at 5* when I did T5-7 of the event, so Geos weren't a viable option for me, and I didn't have GG, Droideka, B1, or B2 starred up either. I ended up using Nute (L, G9), Jango (G12), AV (G11), and Magna and Poggle, who were somewhere between G7-9. Obviously not a strat that will work for everyone, but for it to work, Nute's lead was key. You don't even need him at a high gear level, but using him as lead on that team and just taking out GG, and maybe gearing the team up a tier or two should be enough to at least unlock Padme.

Thanks, that will be in my pocket of back up plans
  • 5* unlock was incredibly easy as I recall. You probably could do this with all gold mods and right stats
  • 5* unlock was incredibly easy as I recall. You probably could do this with all gold mods and right stats

What did you use? For me they wiped the floor with me

• Lysandrax
    1127 posts Member
    5* unlock was incredibly easy as I recall. You probably could do this with all gold mods and right stats

You recall wrong.
    It is easy with nute and gba or with a zeta GG.
    With OP's current toons it is v difficult.
    I had almost the same toons but my ventress was g12+, double zeta'd and it took many attempts.
    OP just farm the suggested toons, you'll end up with 2-3 great teams upon completion instead of hodge-podge and Padmè
  • Yeah, I was just trying to help someone else with this.

One thing I'll mention is that gearing GeoSpy is VERY easy. You should be farming Nute and Brood Alpha, but GeoSpy is easy to get shards and easy to gear, and even at g9 can one-shot Padme & Anakin and maybe even FishHead (I don't remember for sure).

On the other hand, you can get it done with g12 Ventress and that squad. Maybe even g11 Ventress and them. But that's not at all the right squad for the event, so if you're adding gear only for this event, best to just jam Ventress to the max and keep trying until she gets it for you. Don't bring GG up to g10 for this event (eventually you want him relic'd but this is your short term plan, not your long-term). Invest all the gear in one toon - Ventress.

Meanwhile, bring GeoSpy along as quick as you can. Up to g8 it will be using very different gear than Ventress, so that's no problem. It's only the last couple gear pieces at g8 that might conflict at all with your Ventress gear. Once you have GeoSpy at g9, you're good enough for both Tier5 and Tier6. For Tier7 you might want g10 on GeoSpy just for survivability ... but you really don't need it since if Spy gets killed you can always start the event over.

So, yeah, bring along Brood Alpha and/or Nute + GeoSpy for Tier5-7. Get Ventress up to g12. Let the droids linger for now.

GeoSpy replaces b2 (you want the buffs on them so GeoSpy gets more bonus damage) and your leader replaces one of the tanks (Nute replaces Sun Fac, but Brood Alpha replaces Magna to keep as many Geos on your squad as possible).

That's it. gear Ventress like crazy, get Spy, and as soon as you can, but after spy, replace your leader with a better one.

Of course, you probably also want to zeta Ventress' Rampage. That's going to be crucial later for scoring a minimum of 10m in HSTR. (Make sure you look up the DeathStorm team before gearing up your NightSisters - you want at least one NS at low-ish gear, and the best option for that is NightSister Initiate, but I've seen people who geared her too soon and now she doesn't work like she's supposed to).
  • What mod quality does one need to do it with GBA lead bugs?
  • What mod quality does one need to do it with GBA lead bugs?

Depends on the gear.
    Doesn't matter too much though,
    So you should be fine.
  • Fulcrummaster
    18 posts Member
    edited May 2020
    Thanks for the advice from all of you who commented! Using a Nute Gunray lead I got a 5-star Padme!!!
    Post edited by Fulcrummaster on
  • MasterSeedy
    5034 posts Member
    @Fulcrummaster

Congrats! Everyone is happy to help. Good luck bringing her along to 7*.