Sidious at relic levels with zeta

Is he any good?

Modded correctly, he should have ridiculously high health reliced with his zeta.

Is his damage decent? Worth it if you need an extra character for a second Sith team?

Replies

• So full disclosure I don't have a relic Sidious yet but I have encountered one. It is the same as it is with a lot of older characters - he's no longer worthless, but that's about the best you can say.

On swgoh.gg the top rated max health in the game is this one: https://swgoh.gg/p/537515681/characters/darth-sidious
    This one is pretty slow, and the offense isn't great either so you can probably stand to lose some max health and benefit. He's at 86k health, so with 190% potency and the zeta that puts him at about 250k health total plus 42k protection for nearly 300k max health/protection which is actually quite good. 52% defense isn't terrible, but it's also not exceptional so in short the survivability is quite good. The problem with that is we're in a crazy heavy offensive environment, so even if that is really good it's still pretty easy to do major damage and chew through that pretty quickly.

I imagine the damage is pretty solid but not exceptional, as his kit is outdated and not geared to be viable in this era of kit descriptions being 4 pages long. Maybe under the right leader he becomes a big pain to deal with (any sith leader give retribution? With 30% health steal that seems nasty), but I wouldn't count on him being elite offensively.

Overall it's the same as it is with a majority of the characters who were brought into the game prior to Darth Traya. With relics they become viable options to a point. If you have 2-3 relic characters on your team, no matter who you relic they are going to seem awesome because you'll mostly end up facing a lot of G12 characters and the jump from G12 to relics is so massive the relic toon will almost always seem light years better. Once you have 4-12 relic toons you might still find whoever you relic to be useful, but unless you have a handful of very specific characters reliced then you won't compete because your opponent WILL have those characters reliced and certain teams are hard required to compete.

And then once you have 13+ reliced characters you absolutely have to have very specific characters reliced or you won't be able to compete at all. So at this point Sidious would actively harm you because he's certainly not in that core group. For example at that point say you're rocking a full Sith squad with Sidious and some other lesser known Sith but your Darth Revan/Malak team is still G12. Then every single opponent you face is going to destroy you because they have reliced DR/Malak and you are at a serious disadvantage.
  • LordDirt
    4986 posts Member
    He is a good lead for when you platoon DR in DSTB.
    Why wasn't Cobb Vanth shards a reward for the Krayt Dragon raid? Why wasn't Endor Gear Luke shards a reward for the Speeder Bike raid?
  • He is one of the few sith I haven't gotten to g13 yet, for rather obvious reasons. However if you have a lot of g13 sith, I do think he could be somewhat valuable at g13 to a very versatile faction. He probably won't do tons of damage, but he definitely will get tons of health. Could be useful in for example a g13 Triumvirate squad, as he'll be able to survive long and take a good deal of the hits that would otherwise land on a fragile Traya, and so forth.

Also worth mentioning is that on paper at least, a well modded g13 Sidious lead sith squad would be able to do tons of damage in HAAT. Hardly relevant anymore but still.
  • Thanks for the comments.

Would love to hear from someone who took him to r4 or so, but perhaps that's like looking for a unicorn. I hoped relics would help make some unconventional characters/teams useful but that doesn't seem to be the case.

All that health, though...

Maybe he'd be good to go alongside my r4 Traya in an undersized squad against Geos. Or maybe there might be times when it makes sense to put a reliced Sith Trooper under his lead.
  • LordDirt
    4986 posts Member
    You have to have him at R7 for SLKR.
    Why wasn't Cobb Vanth shards a reward for the Krayt Dragon raid? Why wasn't Endor Gear Luke shards a reward for the Speeder Bike raid?
  • LordDirt wrote: »

I think you mean Emperor Palpatine instead?
  • LordDirt
    4986 posts Member
    :(
  • Iy4oy4s wrote: »
    LordDirt wrote: »

I think you mean Emperor Palpatine instead?

*insert Kermit talking to Darth Kermit meme here*

yjajpjwp5jj8.jpg

Okay 💁🏻

Would love to hear from someone who took him to r4 or so, but perhaps that's like looking for a unicorn. I hoped relics would help make some unconventional characters/teams useful but that doesn't seem to be the case.

Maybe he'd be good to go alongside my r4 Traya in an undersized squad against Geos. Or maybe there might be times when it makes sense to put a reliced Sith Trooper under his lead.

Well relics really do help quite a bit for some older toons, Maul for example is actually pretty great at r7 all things considered. Not just versus random g12s either mind you, put correctly to use he can do some very good work indeed. Thing with relics is that it some toons gain a lot more(and others a lot less) from relics, it's all about how much those specific big stat increases play into the toon-kit in question. And the same goes for Sidious really, at least from my own theorycrafting, and it's not exactly rocket science. While neither he or Maul will be able to compare with the likes of DR, GAS, and other recent metas, they're far from worthless investments. That is of course assuming you already have a well developed sith roster, and also work on essential meta squads to maintain balance.

I at least will have my unicorn within a week or two, Sidious is next in line for g13 treatment after I finish GK and Asajj's two gear pieces. Maybe I'll come with an update then. He's one of the very few sith I don't yet have at g13. I expect at least he will go from nearly useless to situationally good.

Well relics really do help quite a bit for some older toons, Maul for example is actually pretty great at r7 all things considered. Not just versus random g12s either mind you, put correctly to use he can do some very good work indeed. Thing with relics is that it some toons gain a lot more(and others a lot less) from relics, it's all about how much those specific big stat increases play into the toon-kit in question. And the same goes for Sidious really, at least from my own theorycrafting, and it's not exactly rocket science. While neither he or Maul will be able to compare with the likes of DR, GAS, and other recent metas, they're far from worthless investments. That is of course assuming you already have a well developed sith roster, and also work on essential meta squads to maintain balance.

I at least will have my unicorn within a week or two, Sidious is next in line for g13 treatment after I finish GK and Asajj's two gear pieces. Maybe I'll come with an update then. He's one of the very few sith I don't yet have at g13. I expect at least he will go from nearly useless to situationally good.

Please do let me know. This is what I'm working with now with Sith. I'm a bit away from DR but working on it. Farming Sith Empire Trooper and improving BastF are two of my big priorities. (Also should mention I have a reliced Thrawn since he can compliment Sith well.)

uov3iqnoeek2.jpg

Please do let me know. This is what I'm working with now with Sith. I'm a bit away from DR but working on it. Farming Sith Empire Trooper and improving BastF are two of my big priorities. (Also should mention I have a reliced Thrawn since he can compliment Sith well.)

uov3iqnoeek2.jpg

Not bad at all, and nice Sith Trooper, bet he hits like truck :) It's clever to give priority to BSF, she's awesome with all the plug and play she brings to the sith faction. Enjoy using her outside of your future DR team when you can, I actually miss having the liberty to use her with other sith leaders. But alas, poor DR is helpless without her.

There's also a strong word to be said for Dooku, you'll get alot of ROI for taking him to g13. In fact, it might not be such a bad idea to gear him to g13 before BSF, if DR is not super close for you. Thing with Bastila is that she's super tanky outside of a DR squad, and her kit is mostly built around her essential debuffs rather than any specific stats, those DMG and survivability increases won't become very important and certainly not game changing until she's with DR, where her damage skyrockets and a large pool of health++ suddenly become very important. Dooku on the other hand is no doubt one of the toons that gains the most from relics in the entire game, as those stats feed right into his kit. Then after that a relic Vader will do a lot for your Palpatine squad, while Marauder also becomes incredibly strong at relic levels. He won't get the astronomical crits he gets under DR, but instead he gets next-level tankiness, while still doing relatively great damage.
  • Montanz
    212 posts Member
    Hello, I wanted to revive this thread to see if anyone else’s opinions might have changed with today’s vader rework. Is a relic Darth sidious now considered more viable if you wanted to use new vader lead in a DoT setup? The stats he gets at relic levels seem good enough with a nice potency/health build. Does the zeta even work properly? Is this character doomed to not be used forever?
  • Antario
    996 posts Member
    Montanz wrote: »
    Hello, I wanted to revive this thread to see if anyone else’s opinions might have changed with today’s vader rework. Is a relic Darth sidious now considered more viable if you wanted to use new vader lead in a DoT setup? The stats he gets at relic levels seem good enough with a nice potency/health build. Does the zeta even work properly? Is this character doomed to not be used forever?

So far I can see, Vader lead with Wat can do magic.
  • Yado101
    144 posts Member
    Montanz wrote: »

I used to run Vader and Sidious (zeta and g12 so not quite relic’d) under palp lead and the DoTs I got were pretty good, I could get 15 on someone, and now with Vader’s new zeta there would be even more. Unfortunately, I don’t have Vader’s new zeta yet so I can’t test it out
  • Montanz wrote: »

That's funny, I made a new post for my review of g13 Sidious a short while ago so I didn't have to necro this very thread . :D

It's a couple pages back, but here's a link for simplicity's sake. https://forums.galaxy-of-heroes.starwars.ea.com/discussion/229979/g13-relic-sidious-the-update-that-was-promised#Comment_2114212
  • Montanz
    212 posts Member
    Thanks will continue thinking about it over the next few weeks 🤩