what to do after getting a GL?

Prev1
Rafini
299 posts Member
Not entirely sure the direction of the game but the raids aren’t critical for most of my guild for a while now and tb is what it is. Tw is sorta fun but nothing new and gac is wearing thin. Is there any stuff to do post getting a GL without getting the other one? i honestly don’t feel the excitement anymore now or any sense of working towards something.

Replies

• Monel
    2784 posts Member
    What do you mean? There is same stuff to do there was before. Unlocking a GL wouldn't make the game any different.

I get your point and I wish there was some new stuff as well. But kind of weird way of asking for new content.
  • Akenno
    538 posts Member
    edited April 2020
    Basically waiting, trying to have fun and hoarding.
    The same as before.

Would really love a gamemode that I can play all the time and sink more time into this game... Really hope the road ahead is coming soon and bring us something good.
  • Rafini
    299 posts Member
    edited April 2020
    imagine if super mario brothers was just the first level, and all they did after making level one was add layers to the existing enemies and then buffs you could earn or new characters to use, but you could ONLY ever play that one level. that’s how this game has felt for a long time. i’m worried the road ahead will just be some new progression thing like new mods or some new vehicles thing like the youtubers think. that wouldn’t be a new way to use existing characters tho. i dunno. we won’t know til the road ahead but this game has lost its charm. no modes offer anything anymore. even KAM is outdated.
  • Monel
    2784 posts Member
    Rafini wrote: »
    imagine if super mario brothers was just the first level, and all they did after making level one was add layers to the existing enemies and then buffs you could earn or new characters to use, but you could ONLY ever play that one level. that’s how this game has felt for a long time. i’m worried the road ahead will just be some new progression thing like new mods or some new vehicles thing like the youtubers think. that wouldn’t be a new way to use existing characters tho. i dunno. we won’t know til the road ahead but this game has lost its charm. no modes offer anything anymore. even KAM is outdated.

But you had to buy Super Mario Bros. You just had to download this game. All you buy in this game is time saved, not playable content.
  • Rafini
    299 posts Member
    edited April 2020
    Maybe you get super mario bro’s for free? Anyways the question here is is there anything to really work towards now that getting a GL has happened. It feels like as far as the game is now that that’s as end game as it gets. It doesn’t make any other modes better to play or add to any existing modes.

If it’s just more characters coming and no new way to utilize them i just don’t personally see the point. that’s just me though! i’m not condemning people for being happy gearing up characters and farming for progression. I’m just very very bored with it now that that’s done. it opened my eyes (for me) that i don’t have a purpose in the game as it is now anymore. Time saved doesnt matter now because it’s not going towards anything valuable.

Does anyone else feel this way?
  • @ OP win.

36* LSGTB?
  • MaruMaru
    3338 posts Member
    I would start hoarding until the upcoming thing (whatever it is) is revealed. Even if you're gonna do the 2nd gl, the logical thing to do is to just hoard and drop everything at once. The raid will come eventually.
  • Rafini
    299 posts Member
    edited April 2020
    You need a full guild of 50 people at 9 million gp a piece full clearing every cm. It’s not even possible as of now either. But to humor me, say you get 36 in lstb tomorrow. Today will be hypothetically the final day and you get 36/36 and that brings us to present. What is there to do? I’m not running the game down because it’s brought me a lot of joy over the last 4-5 years, but this is the first
    time that it’s felt as slow as it has and depressing

edit: maybe this is just my way or realizing i’m nearing the end of my time with the game? 5 years isn’t so bad!
  • Ultra
    11491 posts Moderator
    what to do after getting a GL?
    dominate scrubs
    message your GAC opponents with a git gud afterwards
  • Rafini
    299 posts Member
    making friends 101 hahaha
  • TVF
    36575 posts Member
    Not entirely sure the direction of the game but the raids aren’t critical for most of my guild for a while now and tb is what it is. Tw is sorta fun but nothing new and gac is wearing thin. Is there any stuff to do post getting a GL without getting the other one? i honestly don’t feel the excitement anymore now or any sense of working towards something.

What are you suprised that there isnt anything new since last year? The last content we got was grand arena, and soon next month we are getting vehicles with more packs, packs for you, packs for me, packs for everyone. Because we all know the packs are the content

Hot takes aren't hot after the five thousandth time.
    I need a new message here. https://discord.gg/AmStGTH
  • TVF wrote: »

What are you suprised that there isnt anything new since last year? The last content we got was grand arena, and soon next month we are getting vehicles with more packs, packs for you, packs for me, packs for everyone. Because we all know the packs are the content

Hot takes aren't hot after the five thousandth time.

Or are they?
    https://swgoh.gg/p/319514721/
    DISCLAIMER: Post is subject to change.
  • Are you able to beat rebel roundup T2 ?
    No then work on your BH
  • Sorry, and not to sound crass, but I feel no empathy for your predicament. You spend money to have the latest and greatest toy to play with, and then find yourself with nothing to do once you have the toy. What do you expect? It's not the developers fault for having enough to do in this game for those that pay to speed up and expedite the process.

Do you have a roster full of R7 characters? If not, level them up. If so, proceed to start a complete FTP account. If neither of those appealing, put the phone down and enjoy life outside of staring at a 6" screen.
  • Anarkid
    149 posts Member
    My only argument is that there is alot of playable content and the grind to get GLs is going to be very slow for most players if they want to be able to complete most available content (assault battles, mythics, epics, etc.)
  • macray
    31 posts Member
    get the other GL
  • TVF
    36575 posts Member
    Etc4isu83 wrote: »
    Sorry, and not to sound crass, but I feel no empathy for your predicament. You spend money

Nice assumption.
  • Gifafi
    6017 posts Member
    ahshitherewegoagain.jpg
    Maybe End Game isn't for you
  • Rafini wrote: »
    You need a full guild of 50 people at 9 million gp a piece full clearing every cm. It’s not even possible as of now either. But to humor me, say you get 36 in lstb tomorrow. Today will be hypothetically the final day and you get 36/36 and that brings us to present. What is there to do? I’m not running the game down because it’s brought me a lot of joy over the last 4-5 years, but this is the first
    time that it’s felt as slow as it has and depressing

edit: maybe this is just my way or realizing i’m nearing the end of my time with the game? 5 years isn’t so bad!

So you are asking what there is to do in the game after you have gotten full stars in all TBs (currently way out of reach due to limited GP, for exactly this reason lol), unlock both GLs (sounds like you only have 1), and beat all T2s of the assault battles? Well, in that case all you have left is to play PvP until CG develops the next piece of endgame content for you, since you apparently somehow beat their future proofed end game content.

It was mentioned earlier, but this is a weird way of asking for content. People want content, but asking for it by ignoring content you have is odd, especially when you are making up some magical hypothetical in which you are completing currently impossible to max content.
    Looking for a new guild? Come check out the Underworld Alliance on Discord:https://discord.gg/wvrYb4Q
  • If you’re done with the game, I’ll gladly take over your account for you and keep it going til something new and exciting happens 😁
  • Rafini
    299 posts Member
    Nah didn’t really pay for the character. Hoarded a bunch. Paid very very little. And no we aren’t even close to full starring lstb. no one is. in fact if you read the post properly you’d see that’s what i said. i don’t have 1/4 of the characters at relics and can’t beat every t2 in assault battles. just bored now! that’s about all. everyone enjoys this game differently and i guess for me i just lost that enjoyment. no shame on them. 5 years for me is a pretty good commitment for a game 👍. it took posting this to realize it
  • MaruMaru wrote: »
    I would start hoarding until the upcoming thing (whatever it is) is revealed. Even if you're gonna do the 2nd gl, the logical thing to do is to just hoard and drop everything at once. The raid will come eventually.

"The raid will come eventually"

Yeah maybe. At the end of last year they hinted pretty hard about it being a big focus but in the last Q and A they essentially brushed it off as being nowhere near a priority or even remotely in the future. On top of that with so many crazy teams available now I just don't know how they could balance a raid to not be either super easy to beat like the Sith raid or be insanely difficult to account for GLs, which since not many people have would mean the raid would be nearly impossible.
  • MaruMaru wrote: »

Yeah maybe. At the end of last year they hinted pretty hard about it being a big focus but in the last Q and A they essentially brushed it off as being nowhere near a priority or even remotely in the future. On top of that with so many crazy teams available now I just don't know how they could balance a raid to not be either super easy to beat like the Sith raid or be insanely difficult to account for GLs, which since not many people have would mean the raid would be nearly impossible.

They managed to balance the Sith raid so that when it was released it was insanely difficulty for most, and now it is easy for many. Relative difficulty changes over time
    Looking for a new guild? Come check out the Underworld Alliance on Discord:https://discord.gg/wvrYb4Q
  • MaruMaru
    3338 posts Member
    MaruMaru wrote: »

All the 3 raids up till now had the same release state. The highest gp guilds in existence will barely kill it employing all their members in a coordinated manner. Majority of a guild needing GLs at that time is a given. If the other raids are any indication, CG overshoots the next highest difficulty in raids (t6) which is where a good portion of the playerbase will be dwelling for months to come after release...and they nerf it back going from there.

Lastly they didn't allude to how far in the future the raid is delayed, just the fact that it's on pause. You should consider this an opportunity to get your GLing in order(=hoard and farm shards). There's no logic to cry about how heroic is too hard/undoable without GLs when it comes around given everything we've seen in the past 5 years. I don't mean to say this is the only way/best way to play, it only is if you expect any success in the next raid.

• What to do after unlocking GL?

Go get a second job to pay off your credit card bill presumably.
  • TVF
    36575 posts Member
    What to do after unlocking GL?

Should I just keep my current job since I didn't spend anything to get Rey?
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    TVF wrote: »
    What to do after unlocking GL?

Should I just keep my current job since I didn't spend anything to get Rey?

pretty sure your second job still hasn't sent you a check.