padme team / mods

willber
44 posts Member
Good day,
I been watching youtube videos and all of them say different for mods. Example one video he mods padme with speed / health and another says to do just health with no speed in secondaries. I just got her to 7* and i am working on GK and jedi knight anakin. I am wondering about best way to mod these characters. i am also going to use asoka for my 4th. I dont know who i want to use for a 5th since i am planning on using this team for defense in grand arena. I need yoda in my jedi team for my attack. and i use my 501st in defense. So if you have any good ideas for a 5th i would be appreciated. otherwise i was going to throw in a random jedi.

My next question is if i am using her on offense what is the best rotation for the team. Never used these characters yet.

Replies

• Antario
    996 posts Member
    edited May 2020
    Regarding Padme modding, it pretty much depends on the teams you want to your padme to counter. For countering most teams (e.g. GG, NS and GAS), you want to make your Padme fast, so she can use her specials often to protect the team. But if you want to use her as DR/Malak counter, you actually want to make her slower. Since she's immune to fear, she can make a turn after the DR team done its show and heal up the entire team. If you want to use Padme as DR/Malak counter, also consider to get Anakin enough potency, so he can land the heal immunity debuff on Malak as a win condition. Generally, using Padme to counter DR/Malak is still very RNG dependent, therefore not recommended to mod her explicitly for that purpose in GAC. There are better DR counters nowadays.

The modding for others in a Padme team is quite straight forward. Prioritize health over protection as this team survivalbility is highly dependent on Protection Up, which is based on Max Health. The more health your toons have the more protection up they get from Padme's special. Apart from Padme, speed is not really ultra critical in this team. Anakin takes bonus turns, Asoka attacks out of turn mostly and GK is really there only to soak up punches.

If you plan to use your Padme team mostly on defense, I'd suggest you mod her fast. The best 5th toon for a defensive Padme line up is 3PO, otherwise a good Palpatine empire team can easily walk over your Padme with their turn meter train. With 3PO you can shut the mechanism down.

if you want to use Padme on offense, you can take any toons as the 5th (only exception: for countering DR/Malak 3PO is almost a must). For Grievous counter, you can take Shaak Ti or R2. For GAS counter, you should add GMY for extra damage. For beating other teams, you mostly even don't need a 5th toon. You can easily undersize an equally reliced NS team for instance.

• willber
    44 posts Member
    Antario wrote: »
    Regarding Padme modding, it pretty much depends on the teams you want to your padme to counter. For countering most teams (e.g. GG, NS and GAS), you want to make your Padme fast, so she can use her specials often to protect the team. But if you want to use her as DR/Malak counter, you actually want to make her slower. Since she's immune to fear, she can make a turn after the DR team done its show and heal up the entire team. If you want to use Padme as DR/Malak counter, also consider to get Anakin enough potency, so he can land the heal immunity debuff on Malak as a win condition. Generally, using Padme to counter DR/Malak is still very RNG dependent, therefore not recommended to mod her explicitly for that purpose in GAC. There are better DR counters nowadays.

The modding for others in a Padme team is quite straight forward. Prioritize health over protection as this team survivalbility is highly dependent on Protection Up, which is based on Max Health. The more health your toons have the more protection up they get from Padme's special. Apart from Padme, speed is not really ultra critical in this team. Anakin takes bonus turns, Asoka attacks out of turn mostly and GK is really there only to soak up punches.

If you plan to use your Padme team mostly on defense, I'd suggest you mod her fast. The best 5th toon for a defensive Padme line up is 3PO, otherwise a good Palpatine empire team can easily walk over your Padme with their turn meter train. With 3PO you can shut the mechanism down.

if you want to use Padme on offense, you can take any toons as the 5th (only exception: for countering DR/Malak 3PO is almost a must). For Grievous counter, you can take Shaak Ti or R2. For GAS counter, you should add GMY for extra damage. For beating other teams, you mostly even don't need a 5th toon. You can easily undersize an equally reliced NS team for instance.

Ok, thank you for this advice. I will re-mod her to have speed. Would i use speed set/health or just go health with speed as a secondary? I put just health mods on her with no speed at the moment.
  • Antario
    996 posts Member
    willber wrote: »
    Ok, thank you for this advice. I will re-mod her to have speed. Would i use speed set/health or just go health with speed as a secondary? I put just health mods on her with no speed at the moment.

I run her using health mod sets only with speed secondaries.

Firstly, you really need to pill up her health as much as possible. A Padme team stands and falls with Padme. Once she is down it's usally game set match because this team cannot rely on revives. So health primaries across board (except for the arrow, which shall have speed primary). Try to use 6 dot mods, because the health primary makes a huge jump from 5.88% to 16%. She has a pretty decent base speed. With great speed secondaries, you can get her close or even over 300.

And the other reason to go for health mods is because health sets are easier to obtain. I'd rather put my speed sets on other speed critical teams like DR or JKR.
  • Lethoiun
    165 posts Member
    Honestly use any GR geared character as a fifth if not against a difficult team, Lumimara and jedi couns. are good