Traya & Sion vs Geos

Prev1
What gear, Zetas, etc are required to beat a g12 geo squad? Is nihilus required as well? Looking for details on how to crack this squad when they are gear 12 with the triumvirate. Thanks in advance!

Replies

• jawa7778
    283 posts Member
    edited May 2020
    Options
    Titanion wrote: »
    What gear, Zetas, etc are required to beat a g12 geo squad? Is nihilus required as well? Looking for details on how to crack this squad when they are gear 12 with the triumvirate. Thanks in advance!
    Idk about gear and such, but you 100% need Traya's leadership zeta, that is essential and the only reason she beats geos. Other than that, I would recommend a high gear Sion with his zeta as well so you spread Pain around quickly, and Sion gains bonus defense against enemies with pain.
  • thedrjojo
    953 posts Member
    Options
    jawa7778 wrote: »
    Titanion wrote: »
    Idk about gear and such, but you 100% need Traya's leadership zeta, that is essential and the only reason she beats geos. Other than that, I would recommend a high gear Sion with his zeta as well so you spread Pain around quickly, and Sion gains bonus defense against enemies with pain.

My g11 ZZ traya, g11 z Sion, and usually use g11 nihilus and I can beat g12 geo squad easy. Probably don't need nihilus for that. Relic GBA is still pretty easy to beat, but I think nihilus is pretty necessary. If you find you are worried or lose more than you want, throw another garbage tank (I usually do plo klon) to absorb some attacks... Will hurt your banners but so does losing.

Isolate brute to escape his taunt, then let them kill themselves, target the weakest of them (usually soldier) until you can kill GBA, then auto
  • yankeeh8er
    604 posts Member
    Options
    I have g11 z treya g11 z sion and g11 z nihlus and I can even beat relic bug teams by adding in g21 sith maruarder and g11 Barris.
  • Options
    I would think a properly modded Triumvirate all g11 could take an all R2 Geo team. Their recovery, defensive mechanics, and once Sion gets Hatred which can happen fast with his zeta probably only gets out-damaged around R2 for a bug team.
  • Foxer
    461 posts Member
    Options
    Sorry can’t be very helpful on this as mine are reliced but Relic7 Treya and Relic1 Sion with gear 12 Nihlas can Beat almost any Geos except a super fast R7 team.

Relic7 Treya and Sion can beat full relic Geos in most cases.

Nihlas brings to the table a safety valve on a Suoer fast Geos where Sion can’t get his special off or gets ability blocked at the start.

Most times I run My R7 Treya, R1Sion and G12 Nihlas and I’ve only lost to a full R7 Geo that out sped my Sion and Treya in a big way.
  • Options
    ^ Traya's unique with zeta should remove Ability Block and other debuffs from Sion automatically when his turn starts, right?
  • Dwinkelm
    768 posts Member
    Options
    In order to run JUST Traya + Sion, I recommend three things as MUSTS:

1. All the zetas
    2. Equivalent gear
    3. Sion faster than EVERY Geo, keeping in mind that Brute is usually fastest with a speed of (216 + 0.15 x GBA’s Speed) at g13

If your Sion can’t out-speed the bugs, you’ll need to add more meat shields. DN is best, but also better used elsewhere. I highly recommend Sith Trooper as the third.
  • Jarvind
    3926 posts Member
    Options
    Dwinkelm wrote: »
    If your Sion can’t out-speed the bugs, you’ll need to add more meat shields. DN is best, but also better used elsewhere. I highly recommend Sith Trooper as the third.

This is major. Having Traya or Nihilus get instagibbed before you get Pain out there suuuuuuucks.

u58t4vkrvnrz.png

• Puddis95
    38 posts Member
    Options
    If you need to save sith trooper for sith empire, I use l3 and big Z
  • Lethoiun
    165 posts Member
    Options
    Puddis95 wrote: »
    If you need to save sith trooper for sith empire, I use l3 and big Z

Interesting. Most Interesting.
  • Nikoms565
    14242 posts Member
    Options
    I like Savage and Zarris as 3 and 4. Even without any relics it can handle most medium relic Geos I've run across.
    In game name: Lucas Gregory FORMER PLAYER - - - -"Whale blah grump poooop." - Ouchie

In game guild: TNR Uprising
    I beat the REAL T7 Yoda (not the nerfed one) and did so before mods were there to help
    *This space left intentionally blank*
  • Antario
    996 posts Member
    Options
    Actually, there is bit of RNG in Traya + Sion vs Geos. There is no 100% win guarantee. Sometimes you win with a g11 team against reliced geos. Sometimes your R4 Sion got one shot by a g12 spy (so happened to me once).

Btw. I have the impression a Sion maxed on protection has more survivability than focusing on health. .
  • Options
    <sarcasm> I've heard so many complaints about relic Traya and Sion</sarcasm>

Even if you end up dropping off on Traya Sion effectiveness in their Geo counter ability, they have tons of roster value.

Just yesterday I won a GA round because I tossed them in with EP Vader Thrawn to counter a Padme team that I didn't have another counter for. I = crushed them. Pretty sure 60 banners, and my Traya and Sion are G9 and 10.

Just go in on them. They are plug N play like Nest in so many places and will give you crazy banner efficiency.
  • Options
    ZAP wrote: »

Even if you end up dropping off on Traya Sion effectiveness in their Geo counter ability, they have tons of roster value.

Just yesterday I won a GA round because I tossed them in with EP Vader Thrawn to counter a Padme team that I didn't have another counter for. I = crushed them. Pretty sure 60 banners, and my Traya and Sion are G9 and 10.

Just go in on them. They are plug N play like Nest in so many places and will give you crazy banner efficiency.

I agree they def have value outside of a geo counter, but must have been an extremely weak Padme team for you to get 60 banners. I just don’t see it.

Traya is a hard-counter to relic Padme squads. Also against relic Shaak clones. And she has uses beyond that.

Yet everyone is using her as a measly Geo counter or complaining in other threads that she's the least useful raid toon. Go figure.
  • Options

I agree they def have value outside of a geo counter, but must have been an extremely weak Padme team for you to get 60 banners. I just don’t see it.

Her and Thrawn both help with protection. It was a stronger Padme team than the Sith/Thrawn team I took. I did 2 important things: Vader 1st, kill Slamakin
  • Options

Traya is a hard-counter to relic Padme squads. Also against relic Shaak clones. And she has uses beyond that.

Yet everyone is using her as a measly Geo counter or complaining in other threads that she's the least useful raid toon. Go figure.

None of what you said relates to my post.

I only questioned the 60 banners

Go figure

Of course it does. You stated it must've been a weak Padme squad. I explained how Traya is a hard counter against Padme; the Padme team in question certainly didn't have to be "extremely weak".
  • Options

Go figure

Of course it does. You stated it must've been a weak Padme squad. I explained how Traya is a hard counter against Padme; the Padme team in question certainly didn't have to be "extremely weak".

A G9 and G10 Traya and sion aren’t getting 60 banners vs anything but a weak Padme team. But I suppose anything’s possible 🤷‍♂️

This might be why, 255, 238, 219, 212 and my Thrawn is R4 about 290ish
    oogav82lo8ww.png
  • Stick
    647 posts Member
    Options

Go figure
    I explained how Traya is a hard counter against Padme; the Padme team in question certainly didn't have to be "extremely weak".

Mighty wizard - "I explained. "

Mighty wizard "explaining"

Explaining = saying one thing twice.

• Options

Go figure

Yeah, and really there is no litmus test for "weak" for these teams. I see DR Malak teams making it to my top 100 arena still with mostly G12 toons. Rare, but I imagine these meta teams well-modded = not "weak"
  • Jack1210
    771 posts Member
    Options
    If I don't think I'll need my nest (zG12) for a solo, I like to pop her in there with G8 6* (got 7* yesterday) zzTraya, G9 zSion, G8 Nihilus, and maybe maul for a meatshield and can beat all g12 bugs. Nest may be better used elsewhere but her mass daze paired with her counter locks them down.
  • Vendi1983
    5023 posts Member
    edited May 2020
    Options
    I will point out, which someone made me realize in a much earlier thread: Maul (because I used to use him) and Nest AoE daze completely negate the reason for using a zTraya lead. if you're using Nest for counters and stacking damage, yes. AoE daze, no.
  • Jack1210
    771 posts Member
    edited May 2020
    Options
    Vendi1983 wrote: »
    I will point out, which someone made me realize in a much earlier thread: Maul (because I used to use him) and Nest AoE daze completely negate the reason for using a zTraya lead. if you're using Nest for counters and stacking damage, yes. AoE daze, no.

Ya shoot that's true....I guess I end up using it to keep my other toons alive, but now it seems like I should be splitting the two groups up. Have you tried a nest solo vs. them?
  • Vendi1983
    5023 posts Member
    Options
    No not yet. Mine is G11+3 with the Zeta. Need to gear her up a bit before I try it. At least to 12 so I can 6E the mods.
  • Jack1210
    771 posts Member
    Options
    Vendi1983 wrote: »
    No not yet. Mine is G11+3 with the Zeta. Need to gear her up a bit before I try it. At least to 12 so I can 6E the mods.

Ya recently got mine to 12, at 12+3 rn and have 3 6E mods. It seems like she can take g11-12 at this point but I'm always worried to eff up a GAC match. (Wouldn't it be cool if guildmates could work together in a mode that allowed theory-crafting...?)
  • Vendi1983
    5023 posts Member
    Options
    Slow tenacity build?