Which bounty hunters to use now and where's ig11

Coolnessda
276 posts Member
With the release of two new bounty hunters from the mandalorian I've been considering looking into revamping my bh squad. Greef and mandalorian both seem effective but now I'm not sure who I'd want to add to a new bh squad. And has there been any announcement for ig11? His role in the show was admirable as both a bounty hunter and caregiver

Replies

• EmpressOrgana
    218 posts Member
    edited May 2020
    But if you want Han's Falcon, you still have to aggressively shove the mediocre Cad Bane and IG-88 into your first BH squad, leaving room only to choose a leader from among Greef, Mando, and Bossk.

And even then, unless the Razor Crest appears soon, Bossk is the best early leader option because you need to gear him anyway for the HT.
  • Saada
    664 posts Member
    Reckon, mando lead, bossk, greef, boba and jango might be pretty deadly
  • khdelboy
    754 posts Member
    edited May 2020
    Bossk is a superb bounty hunter, and his ship is the best tank.

Boba and Jango is the best attackers. Also it's worth to gear up Dengar as he's invaluable for the Rebels Chewie event. I currently use Bossk lead, Boba, Jango, Dengar and Embo at the moment until Greef and Mando are farmable.

Also you'll need to gear up IG-88 and Bane and their ships for the Rebels Han/Chewie Falcon event.
  • khdelboy wrote: »
    Bossk is a superb bounty hunter, and his ship is the best tank.

Boba and Jango is the best attackers. Also it's worth to gear up Dengar as he's invaluable for the Rebels Chewie event. I currently use Bossk lead, Boba, Jango, Dengar and Embo at the moment until Greef and Mando are farmable.

Also you'll need to gear up IG-88 and Bane and their ships for the Rebels Han/Chewie Falcon event.

Your words undervalue Dengar's value to a BH team. From what I have seen there is a very strong statistical correlation between defensive wins of placed BH teams in TW with Dengar in the team than without. Dengar with Boba even more-so. This is compared to other BH compositions. Not saying there aren't better, but if you want a wall of BH with with more than 1 defense battles then specify only BH teams with Dengar. I've asked people why they think it is, and the speculation usually is the AOE team heal behind Bossk. I actually think his whole kit just brings advantage to the team.
    His stealth makes enemies more likely to get stuck on Bossk.
    Tenacity down - all the BH have a useful debuff that are good to stick
    His AOE does pretty good damage and again team heal.
    His charge is useful
    Compare this to Ig88 basic which does nothing really. Greedo who's basic only helps with triple tap or more.

Dengar's kit to a BH team seems to greatly contribute.
  • So BH have had a bit of a topsy turvy path in the game as far as viability. Prior to the new releases, Bossk and Jango lead was the way to go. Jango's lead was far better defensively because it was easier for the AI to get the payout off. With a Bossk lead this generally didn't happen, and there are so many teams out there now that handle Bossk lead without breaking a sweat.

Offensively though, you could argue Bossk lead over Jango and even toss Embo lead in there too. It all depends on your circumstances.

With the release of Greef and Mando, the one thing that became really apparent to me is that it's now super easy to get the Bossk payout to go off on offense. Greef and Bossk can both call mass assists and that is super helpful when you can target the right character. When I saw the kits I kind of thought the big problem with Mando's lead was that it would be really hard to get the payout to trigger however it's actually a lot easier than you think if you use the right toons. I've also seen Aurra Sing's lead as a viable option too but I'm not sure they even fixed it yet so I'm still skeptical.

No matter what it seems like the important BH are now Bossk, Jango, Mando, Greef, Boba, Dengar, and Embo. Dengar is crazy valuable under a Bossk lead for healing, and under a Jango or Mando lead you can really get some work in on the payout using his mine attack. Embo is pretty much the only BH with a good dispel, so depending on who you face he's kind of important (and hits crazy hard too).

I'm doubtful suddenly BH are significantly better than what they used to be since they are still crazy squishy even under the best circumstance. I will admit though after seeing the kits I was let down but watching them in action makes me a little more satisfied. Hopefully there is more to come too, but even if not at least they aren't the B team they were for a long time recently
  • Saada
    664 posts Member
    So BH have had a bit of a topsy turvy path in the game as far as viability. Prior to the new releases, Bossk and Jango lead was the way to go. Jango's lead was far better defensively because it was easier for the AI to get the payout off. With a Bossk lead this generally didn't happen, and there are so many teams out there now that handle Bossk lead without breaking a sweat.

Offensively though, you could argue Bossk lead over Jango and even toss Embo lead in there too. It all depends on your circumstances.

With the release of Greef and Mando, the one thing that became really apparent to me is that it's now super easy to get the Bossk payout to go off on offense. Greef and Bossk can both call mass assists and that is super helpful when you can target the right character. When I saw the kits I kind of thought the big problem with Mando's lead was that it would be really hard to get the payout to trigger however it's actually a lot easier than you think if you use the right toons. I've also seen Aurra Sing's lead as a viable option too but I'm not sure they even fixed it yet so I'm still skeptical.

No matter what it seems like the important BH are now Bossk, Jango, Mando, Greef, Boba, Dengar, and Embo. Dengar is crazy valuable under a Bossk lead for healing, and under a Jango or Mando lead you can really get some work in on the payout using his mine attack. Embo is pretty much the only BH with a good dispel, so depending on who you face he's kind of important (and hits crazy hard too).

I'm doubtful suddenly BH are significantly better than what they used to be since they are still crazy squishy even under the best circumstance. I will admit though after seeing the kits I was let down but watching them in action makes me a little more satisfied. Hopefully there is more to come too, but even if not at least they aren't the B team they were for a long time recently

I spoke with a guy in gac who had a r6 mando lead, r2 greef and r7 boba, bossk, jango and he said that with that squad he was able to take out relicd padme, dr and cls so they definitely improve the squad from what they currently are. That being said you need good mods, his bossk was 311 speed and greef was 297, others were similar and add the 20 speed from mando and they're fast.
  • Jack1210
    771 posts Member
    Not sure why people keep harping on "having" to gear Cad and IG88. You need to farm them from a store (very easy) and there is no need to go past g8-9 from what I've heard. Plus if you g12 or even relic Bossk and/or Boba, you're fine.