Mando not going to be as useful in Geo TB

Replies

• LordDirt wrote: »
    Still will never understand how a BH is not neutral.

They kill people for money. Minus the Sith they are as dark side as you can get.

If they only worked for a good government, fine, they could probably be light side. But they work for anyone who will hire them including Sith Lords and gangsters like Jabba!

If bounty hunters in the real world sold their services to North Korea, Iran, and the Maffia, no one would think they were good guys.
  • khdelboy
    754 posts Member
    edited May 2020
    You can use Greef and the Mando in that special Bounty Hunter mission in Dark Side Hoth TB. A pleasant surprise!

Shame there isn’t a Bounty Hunter only mission in other TBs.
  • khdelboy wrote: »
    You can use Greef and the Mando in that special Bounty Hunter mission in Dark Side Hoth TB. A pleasant surprise!

Shame there isn’t a Bounty Hunter only mission in other TBs.

Wow, you're right.
    THE SUPREME JAWA OVERLORD!
  • Tezza23
    88 posts Member
    Why isn’t cara a bounty hunter ? Only just finished the series and noticed she takes a job from farmers for money , says she would be arrested by the new republic so that rebel tag don’t make much sense . Finally she goes on a job with mando and heavily implies she’s joining the bounty hunters guild at the end.

She hasn’t got a great kit and BH need more tanks so I can’t see the harm , unless CG are planning on selling a season 2 bounty hunter Cara.
  • Smidday
    134 posts Member
    LordDirt wrote: »

If your hired to assassinate someone, & you take the job, your committing Murder 4 Hire, and I'm not sure that would ever qualify as "Not-Evil".

If you look at the Light Side vs Dark side, its about the force, not good and evil, its Jedi vs Sith. The Jedi believe peace, knowledge harmony and serenity is best used in the force and the Sith believe in passion, strength and power in their code of the force. Neither is evil, you could argue that the Galactic Empire brought peace to the galaxy and united them and the Rebels were terrorists using guerrilla tactics attacking the government to implement their ancient ideology.
  • Smidday wrote: »

If your hired to assassinate someone, & you take the job, your committing Murder 4 Hire, and I'm not sure that would ever qualify as "Not-Evil".

If you look at the Light Side vs Dark side, its about the force, not good and evil, its Jedi vs Sith. The Jedi believe peace, knowledge harmony and serenity is best used in the force and the Sith believe in passion, strength and power in their code of the force. Neither is evil, you could argue that the Galactic Empire brought peace to the galaxy and united them and the Rebels were terrorists using guerrilla tactics attacking the government to implement their ancient ideology.

Terrorists, by definition, attack civilians. You can't argue the Rebels were terrorists.

Unless, of course, you're changing the meaning of "terrorist."
  • Snowbird13
    460 posts Member
    Smidday wrote: »

Terrorists, by definition, attack civilians. You can't argue the Rebels were terrorists.

Saw guerrara was, but other than that, agreed.
  • Gifafi
    6017 posts Member

winners write the movies. terrorist rebel scum cost a lot of lives. Sure, Empire had to break a few eggs to bring peace and prosperity to the galaxy omelet, but that's just how it goes. Rebs destroyed that peace with murder and mayhem. They were like the jedi death squads enforcing the corrupt Galactic Republic's orders all over again smh
    Maybe End Game isn't for you
  • TioMono
    25 posts Member

Did the empire not have civilians? I imagine not every person in an imperial facility would be military. But if it was a target the rebels wanted gone..... boom..... facility destroyed along with any non military personnel that are just following the laws of the current ruling regime.
  • Ltswb1
    550 posts Member
    Don’t tell CG, but Mando and Greef are apparently dark side after all and can be used it p3 of Dark Side Hoth. Ssshhhhhh 😂
  • Ltswb1
    550 posts Member
    vbmstjov541b.png
  • khdelboy
    754 posts Member
    I think it’s the Bounty Hunter tag that takes priority over the DS tag in this case.

It’s same for the GET store tokens special mission in phase 2.
  • TioMono
    25 posts Member
    edited May 2020
    Nuetral would make sense for bounty hunters, scoundrels, smugglers, tuskens, ewoks, droids, and jawas. As such nuetral should be able to be used on any dark side or light side missions if you choose.
  • SithVicious
    1283 posts Member
    Nauros wrote: »

There are so many light side characters who killed people and got paid for it...

Not to mention drug smugglers.
    I reject your reality and substitute my own.
  • These characters are only useful in gac currently. Not worth paying full price. If there are some crystal deals tomorrow maybe. Maybe.
  • Turvantus
    223 posts Member
    edited May 2020
    Will probably boil down to a similar idea of Jango Fett. If leader is ‘x’ tag, automatically has payout. That’s how I foresee it working out for an exclusive LS comp.

Again, this is a game of patience. We need all pieces of the puzzle before we can draw conclusions.
  • TioMono wrote: »
    Nuetral would make sense for bounty hunters, scoundrels, smugglers, tuskens, ewoks, droids, and jawas. As such nuetral should be able to be used on any dark side or light side missions if you choose.

Not in the case of droids. They are after all following the protocols of their creators and/or caretakers. A droid programmed to unfailingly act in the interest of a master considered evil, should thus also be considered evil, vice versa.
  • TioMono
    25 posts Member
    edited May 2020
    TioMono wrote: »

Not in the case of droids. They are after all following the protocols of their creators and/or caretakers. A droid programmed to unfailingly act in the interest of a master considered evil, should thus also be considered evil, vice versa.

But the owner can overwrite and replace programming. So it simply follows it's current owners programming. Which could be seen as neutral. Ex. K2-SO, clearly an imperial issue droid aiding the rebels. Also the ig unit in the mandalorian being rewired for caretaking as opposed to assasination.

Did the empire not have civilians? I imagine not every person in an imperial facility would be military. But if it was a target the rebels wanted gone..... boom..... facility destroyed along with any non military personnel that are just following the laws of the current ruling regime.

By definition targeting military installations is not terrorism even if civilians work there.
  • Gifafi wrote: »

winners write the movies. terrorist rebel scum cost a lot of lives. Sure, Empire had to break a few eggs to bring peace and prosperity to the galaxy omelet, but that's just how it goes. Rebs destroyed that peace with murder and mayhem. They were like the jedi death squads enforcing the corrupt Galactic Republic's orders all over again smh

Show me where the Rebellion targeted civilians.
  • Snowbird13 wrote: »

Saw guerrara was, but other than that, agreed.

Saw Guerrera was kicked out of the Rebellion because he became a terrorist.
  • TioMono
    25 posts Member
    Gifafi wrote: »

Didnt Cassian kill a civilian in rogue one because he was panicking? Literally told the guy "calm down everything will be ok." Then shot him in the back.
  • Jack1210
    771 posts Member
    Tezza23 wrote: »
    Why isn’t cara a bounty hunter ? Only just finished the series and noticed she takes a job from farmers for money , says she would be arrested by the new republic so that rebel tag don’t make much sense . Finally she goes on a job with mando and heavily implies she’s joining the bounty hunters guild at the end.

She hasn’t got a great kit and BH need more tanks so I can’t see the harm , unless CG are planning on selling a season 2 bounty hunter Cara.

She doesn't act as a tank with BH though.
  • Monel
    2776 posts Member

Didnt Cassian kill a civilian in rogue one because he was panicking? Literally told the guy "calm down everything will be ok." Then shot him in the back.

A civilian? No. An ally rebel? Yes.
  • Jack1210
    771 posts Member

He definitely capped that guy. Can't say for sure I remember if he was a civilian though.
  • Jack1210
    771 posts Member
    Monel wrote: »

A civilian? No. An ally rebel? Yes.

Is that better or worse? I guess better in the sense the guy signed up for the war, but a betrayal killing by a rebel? That's darker than Mando or Cara

I don't remember if the guy was a civilian. Either way it's just one case and hardly counts as terrorism.

I don't remember if the guy was a civilian. Either way it's just one case and hardly counts as terrorism.

It wasn’t because he was panicking, it was because he was injured and couldn’t escape the Stormtroopers who were coming. So he actually did him a favor instead of letting him get tortured by the floating soccer ball of doom.
  • TioMono
    25 posts Member

I can agree that one individual does not really count as terrorism per se. But Cassian did it so quickly with no show of hesitation. Which would imply he has no issues killing anyone. Hardly a bastion of "light". Light vs dark has always had plenty of grays in star wars. I just feel in regards to this topic Bounty Hunters for sure are gray as a whole, with individuals (like any other group) are more prone to lean toward evil or good based on their personal desires.

How many indigenous civilians died on planets where the rebels had space fights with the empire? The death star going kablooey and raining wreckage in a wide swath for example. In wars for power neither side is ever squeaky clean, ever. Regardless of how much political spin or justification either side tries to make.

It's always a topic that fascinates me. As Obi-wan said "Only Sith deal in absolutes." But jedi are ok with being enforcers instead of peacekeepers all throughout the clone wars.