Squad change

Juac0Cul0
21 posts Member
I'm level 71 and I have a good FO squad, but I lose jobs every day. I can in two weeks change to Empire with Vader Palpa and Thraw. But I have no other Empire toons to accompany. I have thought of KRU and another FO toon. But who? D with FOST or O with FOSFTP or FOE?

Replies

• Rath_Tarr
    4944 posts Member
    KRU can tank for your Empire squad better than FOST.

FOE could work but so could FOSFTP, if you have Palp's lead zeta.

If you do not yet have the zeta on Palpatine's lead then you should get it as soon as possible because it enables the team's debuff TM-train mechanics.
  • Antario
    996 posts Member
    Empire and FO have no synergies (which is weird, but that's how it is). You can use KRU in a Palp Empire team if you have invested in the zeta on his unique for pre-taunting. For offense, FO Officer is a good choice as he gives out TM similar to thrawn. For defense General Hux (if you have him), so he can stop the opponents from gaining TM.

But honestly, mixing Empire with FO has limited utility and it will only slow down your empire team.

I'd rather suggest to add tie fighter pilot (the original one) and Grandmoff Tarkin to the Empire line up. They can dish out tons of debuffs, which will help you to get the Palpatine turn meter train going fast and outrun othe teams. Also since they are all Empire, your Vader will benefit from the extra speed gain at the start of the fight.

• Juac0Cul0
    21 posts Member
    Thank you. Your clarifications have helped me. I can't put z and tarkin and the TIE pilot is too low. So I'm going to go up to Hux because he's almost level with the squad.
  • Juac0Cul0
    21 posts Member
    Is it possible that with Hux leading and KRU (with z) in addition to FOST, FOSFTP and SiT I can get a competitive squad?
  • Rath_Tarr
    4944 posts Member
    Juac0Cul0 wrote: »
    Is it possible that with Hux leading and KRU (with z) in addition to FOST, FOSFTP and SiT I can get a competitive squad?
    Depends what your arena shard looks like but in general, FO are not arena competitive unless you have GL Kylo
  • Juac0Cul0
    21 posts Member
    It is the best I can choose at the moment. Of course I hope to get better squads.
  • LordGrahck
    344 posts Member
    edited May 2020
    First Order is a type of glass cannon team. In squad arena, a well built First Order team can help you rise the ranks. However, they lack staying power. All that climbing you do with them will need to be redone the next day. For Squad Arena, it's best to use a top tier team, such as JKR, GG, Padme, DRevan, or GAS. Even a nightsister or Bastila team will be better than FO. If you use Palpatine, put fallen Bastila on the team. The only First Order team I know of that holds it's own is a team lead by SLKR.
  • Antario
    996 posts Member
    edited May 2020
    Thank you. Your clarifications have helped me. I can't put z and tarkin and the TIE pilot is too low. So I'm going to go up to Hux because he's almost level with the squad.

Btw. I totally forgot that Hux's unique only works with a full FO squad. So no point putting him into a mix team.

So, the alternative would be Sith Trooper on defense. So at least you get some synergy between Palp and Sith Trooper due to the Sith tag.
  • Juac0Cul0
    21 posts Member
    Thanks guys. I have 5 Jedi to form a good team D. Bastila, GMY, Bindo, Juhani and Ezra. But still very low. I am placing the toons for the two revans (fallen Bastila) and also the SiT for my FO squad. The problem? The resources. But you have helped me locate the squad. Thanks again.
  • Rath_Tarr
    4944 posts Member
    Well, 3 good Jedi, 1 okay Jedi & 1 sucky pseudo-tank. Replace Juhani with General Kenobi if you can get him or Old Ben if not and you're onto a solid squad there.
  • Juac0Cul0
    21 posts Member
    Ok old ben would be possible. What if I replace Ezra with Revan? Would I approach something like a META squad?
  • TVF
    36577 posts Member
    LordGrahck wrote: »
    First Order is a type of glass cannon team. In squad arena, a well built First Order team can help you rise the ranks. However, they lack staying power. All that climbing you do with them will need to be redone the next day. For Squad Arena, it's best to use a top tier team, such as JKR, GG, Padme, DRevan, or GAS. Even a nightsister or Bastila team will be better than FO. If you use Palpatine, put fallen Bastila on the team. The only First Order team I know of that holds it's own is a team lead by SLKR.

You're not wrong, but a level 71 player is not getting JKR, GG, Padme, Doc, or UP.
    I need a new message here. https://discord.gg/AmStGTH
  • Rath_Tarr
    4944 posts Member
    Ok old ben would be possible. What if I replace Ezra with Revan? Would I approach something like a META squad?
    Yes. It's an older meta but still very useful.
  • Juac0Cul0
    21 posts Member
    It will be one of my first goals (I'm still level 71)
  • TVF
    36577 posts Member
    Rath_Tarr wrote: »
    It's an older meta, sir, but it checks out.

WYSHS
    I need a new message here. https://discord.gg/AmStGTH