Every other ftp game out there

therev71
31 posts Member
Just a suggestion but every other ftp game is giving double energy and stff to encourage people to stay home and like, play the game. I mean its may the 4th and double drops ( lol) are nice and all but why not help and encourage people to stay in and play instead of waiting for energy refreshes
Or do you want us to pay for them?

Replies

• DarjeloSalas
    9944 posts Member
    therev71 wrote: »
    Just a suggestion but every other ftp game is giving double energy and stff to encourage people to stay home and like, play the game. I mean its may the 4th and double drops ( lol) are nice and all but why not help and encourage people to stay in and play instead of waiting for energy refreshes

I’ll take unresearched spurious claims for $100.
  • Lysandrax
    1127 posts Member
    Double drops are fantastic, shhhh.
    Just a shame they're not on cantina
  • Nihion
    3340 posts Member
    I’ll take double energy for: Nothing. I refuse to take that. Bring your crystals to the bank.
  • Ultra
    11490 posts Moderator
    Example?
  • CHFC22
    732 posts Member
    Ultra wrote: »
    Example?

Raid Shadow Legends is doing that and more. That's the extent of my own sample size, however.
  • Ultra
    11490 posts Moderator
    CHFC22 wrote: »
    Example?

Raid Shadow Legends is doing that and more. That's the extent of my own sample size, however.

ok i looked to see what they were doing to compare with what SWGOH is doing

Raid: One time 1000 energy (equal to LS/DS SIM energy for SWGOH)
    SWGOH: Additional runs of Assault Battles spread throughout the month that drops guaranteed end game gear

it takes 2 minutes to blow all that "extra" energy and still get very little due to RNG, I prefer SWGOH's approach tbh
  • Raid Shadow Legends has actually been very generous, they give more than just energy. Of course, the game itself is a bigger cash grab than GoH so it all evens out. (I have received 3 gift packages in my month trying it out)
  • Lysandrax
    1127 posts Member
    Every game like this gives you more when starting, they're enticing you
  • The gift packs were for covid 19 relief. What new players like myself really get is the opportunity to buy a special slightly overpriced pack at level 10,20,30, and 40 so far for me LOL.
  • Damodamo
    1586 posts Member
    @therev71 you are aware swgoh is ftp friendly... not a ftp game?

There is a crucial difference between the two. :)
  • CHFC22
    732 posts Member
    CHFC22 wrote: »
    Example?

ok i looked to see what they were doing to compare with what SWGOH is doing

Raid: One time 1000 energy (equal to LS/DS SIM energy for SWGOH)
    SWGOH: Additional runs of Assault Battles spread throughout the month that drops guaranteed end game gear

it takes 2 minutes to blow all that "extra" energy and still get very little due to RNG, I prefer SWGOH's approach tbh

It takes wayyyyy longer than 2 minutes as no simming there. And they've given some other mats that normally take time to earn. The mechanics are different so it's not a straight comparison, but I've played SWGOH for 4 years and Raid for 1 or so and the latter definitely feel like you get more "stuff" currently. They also specifically reference it when giving you said stuff, so it feels like it's getting directly addressed. I should add I don't really get annoyed that SWGOH aren't doing it, but someone asked for an example.
  • TVF
    36568 posts Member
    Obiwantuan wrote: »
    The gift packs were for covid 19 relief.

No the extra events were. And the double drops were.
    I need a new message here. https://discord.gg/AmStGTH
  • Gifafi
    6017 posts Member

they did give us stuff to "stay home," we are getting (more) double drops, and it's not May the 4th, but other than that this OP seems factual.
    Maybe End Game isn't for you
  • SithVicious
    1283 posts Member
    ZAP wrote: »

Do you have a list of other FTP games like SWGOH that are being more generous and encouraging more play?

All of them apparently.
    I reject your reality and substitute my own.
  • CHFC22
    732 posts Member

Do you have a list of other FTP games like SWGOH that are being more generous and encouraging more play?

All of them apparently.

LOL obv! I’m trying to see if there really is a game out there like SWGOH that’s better or roughly the same that’s more generous. Haven’t found one yet.

Give Raid a go. It's at least as cash hungry but I just let that wash over me. It's newer and lacks content accordingly, but it makes up for that with an obscene number of characters. Very pretty game too.
  • jonnysiniwal
    675 posts Member
    edited May 2020
    Extra energy does address the core problem. There is nothing to do with the characters you gear and farm. If you are lucky you get 30 minutes of actual play time per day. Extra energy adds another 30 seconds. Woooohooo!
  • jman1234
    93 posts Member

Puzzle and Dragons
    This game gives out is pretty generous and FTP friendly. On a new Gacha summon, they'll give you a free roll (sometimes you can even play dungeons for another free roll). Magic stones are pretty easy to farm up and you really only use them for 3 things: gacha summons, increased capacity, and increase friend list. You can also use it for energy refreshes or continues for a dungeon, but no one typically wastes magic stones on that. Drop rates can screw you over for gachas, but the odds are still 1000 times better than what SWGOH does in their character packs or for their drop rates for battles. They have a much better version of the bronzium pack called the pal egg machine which gives you materials to evolve and enhance your monsters where the rates are such that you would get a purple gear piece like a stun gun or stun cuff roughly every 10-20 pulls. They have monthly dungeons with rewards. They do ranking dungeons (basically dungeon speed run competitions) which sometimes is a set team so you don't even need to have an optimized team and early game players can compete with late game players. There's co-op dungeons, so you can clear dungeons with friends in real time. They release new characters pretty frequently and give new evolutions to older characters. This game also has a pretty diverse meta and does not necessarily need you to have the best monsters in the game to clear difficult content. The game is pretty much just PvE, but the point is that in it's 8 year history, I feel that it has adjusted pretty well to power-creep and also giving players stuff to do. Also whenever they have an in-game anniversary, the rewards they give out are pretty massive, like imagine if CG gave you enough crystals to get the characters needed for JKR and DR massive. This game is also nice in that they also remind you to rest from playing the game, which is kind of like a reminder to take care of yourself and that the game is not more important than your health.
    Bleach Brave Souls
    This game is also pretty generous with rewards and adjusting for powercreep. It is a huge grind though for beginning players to get the characters maxed out. Gacha rates are also pretty bad, but I would still say they are better than SWGOH character packs. Also, every anniversary, they will give you a free random maxed out character in addition to resources to level and enhance your character and you get to pick the pool of characters that you want (basically the equivalent if SWGOH decided for an anniversary, they let you choose 10 farmable characters that you want at G13, no relics, but with maxed out abilities and you end up getting one for free). Let's say you have all those characters though (which I would say 99% of the players DO NOT have all the characters in the game), what do you end up doing with your new maxed out character? The character can still be linked to another character to give stats and bonuses so it still has uses even if it's a dupe. Also every million new downloads, they give tons of resources for a certain number of days. What is also great about this game is that PvP is not the main focus, so it's not like only a few characters are important or like you would be screwed over if you didn't pull the character you wanted in the latest gacha. The game is so much more than just PvP and requires roster depth which you will actually use. While newer characters make it easier, some characters that are like 3 years old are still viable in clearing difficult content. They also have a co-op mode so you can team up with others to clear raids in real time. This game also does livestreams to show-off new things, new events, have fun with the community, and genuinely thank them for their loyalty. The packs in this game are terrible and only the beginner pack actually has value, so don't buy the packs.
    Pokemon Go
    Most of what I'm gonna say about Pokemon Go is with their response to Covid-19, which I believe they handled extremely well, allowing players to stay at home and still be able to play their game. First, they started introducing these one coin bundles which have like 10-20 times value in them. They increased spawns, increased gift rewards, decreased walking distances for things like eggs and partner candy. People can play PvP matches as much as they want. They give people research tasks that they can complete at home without spinning pokestops. They gave out raid passes that allow you to do raids at home. These are great improvements to help the community play the game when they can't. Unrelated to Covid-19, they constantly release new pokemon or new shiny pokemon for you to catch. They do events where you can get bonus xp and stardust (which is used to power up your pokemon) pretty much every month.
    Clash of Clans
    While Clash of Clans may seem very pay to play, they have made resource grinding a lot easier and new items that are basically the equivalent to instant upgrades. They have an inner clan sandbox mode allowing you to either test new team compositions or base designs and practice your attacks. During special events, they sometimes do 1 gem boosts for troop training and resource generation for one week. I would say the only pay to play aspects of Clash of Clans are the upgrade time, which isn't necessarily a bad thing as it gives you time to grind the resources needed to get your next upgrade and trophy climbing, but that is more of a pride/accomplishment thing and not something that screws over the ftp player base. The reason why I bring up Clash of Clans though is because they made it easier to upgrade the base at around th8 to th10. This would be the equivalent (at least to me) of CG making stun guns and stun cuffs more easily accessible so upgrading from gear 8 to gear 11 would be easier.
    Grand Summoners
    I just started this game a few days ago, so I don't have much to say, but I feel at the early game already, there is so much for me to do and there are a lot of in-game rewards and bonuses. For 1 week, quests cost 0 energy so I can progress as much as I want. Farming crystals has been pretty easy so far. I already have a few really strong characters and I ONLY JUST STARTED. It honestly isn't like SWGOH where you start off with CWC, Jedi Consular, and Talia lmao.

These are 5 games that I personally believe are a lot more generous than SWGOH or encouraging more play. They aren't the same type of game as SWGOH, but tbh, CG could learn from these different games which are all quite successful. As of right now, the main games I play are SWGOH and Pokemon Go. I am not as aware of what the other 4 games have done during the Covid-19 crisis to know if they boosted anything for the player base, but I know that on a more broad term, I do find all these games more generous and give players things to do.
  • Daishi
    718 posts Member
    Here is why they'll do double drops but not extra bonus energy.....

wait for it.....

GL tickets!

For double drops they can code it so they won't speed up the pace of people farming tickets for GL event. If they were to simply give double energy regen, or more bonus energy, they'd not be able to control how people spent that energy, or if they'd hoard it, spend it on unlocks, gear, etc. So by doing double drops they get to help the community of players in a way that CG can control what effect it has on the game and players accounts. For instance only 1 day of double drops on hard and normal nodes, they don't want people farming too fast! But they give a week of double drops for mods so they can help new players build up a larger mod inventory faster.
  • Gifafi
    6017 posts Member
    I think the real question is do these games have forums where I can go complain?
    Maybe End Game isn't for you
  • Daishi
    718 posts Member
    Daishi wrote: »
    Here is why they'll do double drops but not extra bonus energy.....

wait for it.....

GL tickets!

For double drops they can code it so they won't speed up the pace of people farming tickets for GL event. If they were to simply give double energy regen, or more bonus energy, they'd not be able to control how people spent that energy, or if they'd hoard it, spend it on unlocks, gear, etc. So by doing double drops they get to help the community of players in a way that CG can control what effect it has on the game and players accounts. For instance only 1 day of double drops on hard and normal nodes, they don't want people farming too fast! But they give a week of double drops for mods so they can help new players build up a larger mod inventory faster.

Almost sounds like you’re saying CG is doing something nice for the majority of the player base, especially new players.

Hmmm

That's pretty much what I'm saying. They wanted to help new players while limiting its usefulness to veteran players. Mods are still great for veteran players, but with mod farming you'll get a bunch of 10-15 speed mods which are great for new players, but of limited benefit for older players. You'll rarely get a 19+ speed mod that's the true hunt for vet players. It definately was an effective way to help boost new players mod inventory and I hope they do double drops on mod challenges more often