Jedi Knight Revan Team Help

Voodoom
4 posts Member
My team now consists of JKR, Bastilla, GM Yoda, Jolee and Old Ben.

I recently got Hermit Yoda and General Kenobi, but they are still 5 stars. My team is good now but I want to pull in either Hermit or GK badly. At what point is worth pulling one in to replace Old Ben? Do I need to wait until they are 7 stars or can I do it a bit earlier?

Replies

• Voodoom
    4 posts Member
    Thank you so much for the advice! Great to know about GK needing to be really geared to be viable.

I currently have Hermit at gear IX so I will level up a few more and then throw him in. Super helpful info thank you! I just wish the shard farming for them was faster. Getting Hermit to a 7* is going to take a bit...
  • Antario
    996 posts Member
    Strange, lost my post when starting editing it... luckily I saved it.

Here is it again..

Hermit Yoda can be used at very low gear level. Mine is still g11 (while my other JKR team members are reliced). And I had him pretty long time in my JKR line-up with g10 only. And he always dies / flees last. He has the ability to stealth (and got 100% evasion when in hiding! No worries about aoe attacks). And with good speed mod, he can almost stay in hiding through the entire match. Also he has no attack skills, so no worries about counterattacks.

GK on the other hand needs to be high geared and modded beefy to be useful. I would say you need him at least on equal gear level of your opponents. Because he's a tank and mainly there for absorbing punches. There is some support utility with his mass cleansing and call to assist attack. But if he can't survive when he taunts (and he taunts a lot), you won't be able to make much use of his support skills either.

That being said, a good JKR team does not really need GK (anymore). Actually, a good JKR team has no much use for any taunting tank, because you have revives provided by Jolee. GK is much better nowadays with a Padme team. Hermit Yoda on the other hand can bring much more to the table for a JKR team with heal, foresight (so they can also stay alive after Jolee's revive) and turn meter boost. Also with Master's Training (which is an awesome buff), you also get a mass assist ability for free. Get your Hermit Yoda in and replace Old Ben. You won't regret it.
  • Voodoom
    4 posts Member
    Do you use Hermit Yoda on offense as well or sub him out for Jedi Knight Anakin, Ezra or Ahsoka?
  • Antario
    996 posts Member
    Voodoom wrote: »
    Do you use Hermit Yoda on offense as well or sub him out for Jedi Knight Anakin, Ezra or Ahsoka?

Yes, I use Hermit Yoda in an offense line-up.

Anakin and Ahsoka are needed in a Padme line-up. You can use Ezra as the fifth if you have leveled him. But I use JKR with Hoda mainly for GAC, fighting difficult teams like Padme, GG, cls, NS and JKR mirror. There is absolutely no need to throw in another attacker. JKR with Hoda has proven to have the best balance of survivability and fire power.
  • Antario
    996 posts Member
    edited May 2020
    ZAP wrote: »
    What are the essential zetas for this team, especially for a GG counter?

You don't need the second Zeta for Hoda (Do or Do not). And of couse you don't need the zetas for Bastila and GMY leader ability.

Sometimes if you are facing certain GG line up (e.g. with BB8), you might want to use Bastila lead instead of JKR for more initial protection to survive the first attack waves. Then you need Bastila Leadership zeta.
  • Jack1210
    771 posts Member
    Long-term GK will go with Padme so I wouldn't worry about forcing him into this team early, he's great but if your Old Ben is at least g11 there's no need to switch yet. In GAC I will either use JKR and GMY to wipe a team or if I need my GMY with Padme I will run JKR, Bastila, Jolee, Hermit Yoda and Ezra and it is still a very good team.