Traya vs Palpatine

Amadeuswhite11
73 posts Member
edited May 2020
So if I have the triumvirate and Palpatine, who is the best leader between palps and Traya? I don’t have a Zeta on either of their leadership, just Traya’s unique. (I’m saving my zetas for Darth Revan and Malak) who would be a better leader without the zeta? And what about when I do get a Zeta, whose leadership should I put it on?

I will be using my siths on offense in GAC, probably mostly to take out Geos

Replies

• TaTaKaS
    167 posts Member
    You need both. A better question would be which to give first? Depends on your roster. But you need to have both, they belong on different teams.
  • Drageero
    151 posts Member
    If you're going to use them to take out Geos, then Traya's leader zeta would be better, but in the end, both are very good. Traya and Palpatine are usually on different squads, though, so eventually you'll want both zetas.
  • Antario
    996 posts Member
    edited May 2020
    who would be a better leader without the zeta?

To answer that particular question here, definitely Traya.

Papa Palp is all about the TM train generated by constantly applied and expired debuffs on enemies. Without the zeta, the TM train never leaves the station...

Traya's leadership zeta on the other hand is really just useful to counter geos. There are also some other assist heavy teams (e.g. Pheonix and Shaak ti clones), but you typically won't use your Traya team against those.
  • Falco3
    60 posts Member
    edited May 2020
    Traya lead is better long term imo. Yes she counters geos which is super helpful. But at high gear she can also counter near meta teams in padme and jkr. Palpatine is still pretty great lead and I use him at r3 on defense in GAC, but traya I find more useful on offense against stronger teams that have fewer counters.

Edit: to give you a sense of her value even at lower gear: at g11, my sith triumvirate can already beat g12 geos with a r3-4 GBA. They also beat a full g12 padme team. So versatile against two common and strong GAC defensive teams.
  • Antario wrote: »
    who would be a better leader without the zeta?

To answer that particular question here, definitely Traya.

Papa Palp is all about the TM train generated by constantly applied and expired debuffs on enemies. Without the zeta, the TM train never leaves the station...

Traya's leadership zeta on the other hand is really just useful to counter geos. There are also some other assist heavy teams (e.g. Pheonix and Shaak ti clones), but you typically won't use your Traya team against those.

My relic Traya team autokills literally ANY Padme or Shaak clone squad. Triumvirate is an amazing squad... Seems most people don't have a clue how to use the trio nowadays though, so many comments like yours.

Traya + triumvirate are amazeballs and can counter a whole host of strong squads, some new ones included. Just need to mod them correctly.
  • Antario
    996 posts Member
    edited May 2020

My relic Traya team autokills literally ANY Padme or Shaak clone squad. Triumvirate is an amazing squad... Seems most people don't have a clue how to use the trio nowadays though, so many comments like yours.

Traya + triumvirate are amazeballs and can counter a whole host of strong squads, some new ones included. Just need to mod them correctly.

Not sure which part of my comment you disagree with, but I never said Triumvirate is a bad squad. I just pointed out Traya's leadership zeta is best used in GAC to counter geos.

Sure there are other teams Triumvirate can beat with different modding, but most people prefer to use Traya against the Geos for a reason. Not because they are too dumb to handle it, but because it is the most "economic" counter against those bugs (Jawas' and the reliced Resistance team would probably disagree). Why to waste your DR or Padme team on Geos if you can get a 63 banner-win with an undersized Triumvirate team (and you can even use Nihilus else where).

So yes, the Triumvirate can beat lots of teams. One of my guild mates even use it to climb against the new Galactic Legends in the arena. But in the GAC nowadays, if you have to resort to the Triumvirate to beat Padme or Shaak Ti clones, then there is something fundamentally wrong with your strategy.
  • Traya + triumvirate are amazeballs and can counter a whole host of strong squads, some new ones included. Just need to mod them correctly.

How do you mod them then?
  • Traya + triumvirate are amazeballs and can counter a whole host of strong squads, some new ones included. Just need to mod them correctly.

How do you mod them then?

Traya has a fast offense set with CC triangle, Sion is modded as fast as possible, potency and CD while Nihilus is mostly focused on pure speed. Don't remember the particulars without checking.
  • MightyWizard
    872 posts Member
    edited May 2020
    Antario wrote: »

Not sure which part of my comment you disagree with, but I never said Triumvirate is a bad squad. I just pointed out Traya's leadership zeta is best used in GAC to counter geos.

Sure there are other teams Triumvirate can beat with different modding, but most people prefer to use Traya against the Geos for a reason. Not because they are too dumb to handle it, but because it is the most "economic" counter against those bugs (Jawas' and the reliced Resistance team would probably disagree). Why to waste your DR or Padme team on Geos if you can get a 63 banner-win with an undersized Triumvirate team (and you can even use Nihilus else where).

So yes, the Triumvirate can beat lots of teams. One of my guild mates even use it to climb against the new Galactic Legends in the arena. But in the GAC nowadays, if you have to resort to the Triumvirate to beat Padme or Shaak Ti clones, then there is something fundamentally wrong with your strategy.

What you're saying here is my exact point, only sort of backwards. Why waste Traya on a Geo squad, when Traya can counter so many more, harder to counter teams like relic Padme and Clone teams.

Edit: Also no there is nothing wrong with my strategy I am the bestest.