Is C-3PO worth g13?

gufu21
335 posts Member
I run CLS in arena, but as a F2P who's taken occasional breaks from the game, I'm trying to be really careful about who I put resources into. I've finally got CLS, Han, Chewie, and R2 to g13 and don't regret any of them, but I'm having such a hard time pulling the trigger on C-3PO.

I typically only target DR teams, and in that matchup, a fast 3PO doesn't really matter, he rarely dies, and if he dies, it doesn't impact the outcome because by then it's down to Malak, who laughs at exposes.

I'm just in a weird spot where g13 feels like a waste on C-3PO, but it also feels wrong to give anyone else priority over my arena team, which I'm likely to be using for a very long time. Is all the extra survivability and speed worth it for him? Or should I save it for someone who will make better use of the stats boost? Maybe for BSF? A future DR or Malak? Even a Canderous?

(Here's my roster if it helps: https://swgoh.gg/p/231132792/characters/)

Replies

• TheJEFFtm
    917 posts Member
    Options
    I think so (that said, mine is still g12+4, but I don’t run him in arena either), but faster threepio means more translation stacks (and the cooldown reduction is huge) and more mass assist calls. Multiple tags (droid, Galactic republic, resistance, and rebel) means there is almost always going to be a good home for him, wether it is with CLS, Padmé, JTR or whatever other teams are eventually released.

Relics, I’m not certain he particularly needs, but I don’t think in the long term you would ever regret it.
  • TaTaKaS
    167 posts Member
    edited May 2020
    Options
    Short answer. G13 and 6 dot mods for +29 speed if they are not sliced. Yes! Relics... No!
  • Options
    Depends on your uses. If you strictly are using the team for arena and don't plan of getting the team to elite insane territories because you're trying to get top 10 with an old team, then you don't necessarily need to take 3PO to G13. But considering LS Geo TB and the speed boosts he gets, then yeah it's worth bringing him up.

I think you can probably stop at G13 though, relics might be a bit overkill since the only thing he really gains is survivability and he's already pretty stout by the time you get to G13
  • gufu21
    335 posts Member
    Options
    But considering LS Geo TB and the speed boosts he gets, then yeah it's worth bringing him up.

Oh boy. Geo LSTB. My favorite. (Sighhhh . . .)

But you make a decent point. I could see other game modes where that speed would come in handy, like HSTR or TW, where I usually put this team on defense. But I keep wondering if putting it anywhere else would give me more bang for my buck, given how slowly I get these pieces.

Speaking of, what are the best ways to get g12 finishers besides throwing crystals at them? I finish 5th most HSTRs, but it still seems like everyone else is getting g13s way faster than me. Any tips for farming them?
  • Mephisto_style
    5724 posts Member
    edited May 2020
    Options
    I honestly cannot see how anyone can climb to top 20 with CLS. I've been in on that trying for a year now. OP, G12 C3PO is fine. At this point you should know as well as I that defeating an all R7 DR Malak team with 325 or better speed simply comes down to:
    - did you kill BSF before her turn? You did, 85% chance of victory. Fail = lost battle.
    Here's my team if a fellow CLS arena go-er has some tips for me:
    https://swgoh.gg/squads/149391/
    I guess upping my 3PO to get extra speed would be an extra opportunity to kill BSF. At 156K GP in a CLS team though, geez what a mechanic discrepancy. I'm thankful it can kill GAS teams easily.

I hang top 50 to 150 with no crystal refreshes OP. I recommend g13ing C3PO for LSTB. Because you probably will want to throw him with Padme. Consider zST Han for your CLS team when you do that. Old Ben is more nostalgic for the team in my opinion but I do think ST Han is the better tank. P Leia is another good option because forget tanking. CLS with guard should be your tank. Nice to have another canon on the team.
  • Dwinkelm
    767 posts Member
    Options
    Bash Bro’s, Wat, and OB is for certain a top-20 team, assuming the top-20 isn’t 100% full of GLs
  • Options
    Dwinkelm wrote: »
    Bash Bro’s, Wat, and OB is for certain a top-20 team, assuming the top-20 isn’t 100% full of GLs

? CLS Han Chew Old Ben and Wat top 20? I haven't seen them that high
  • Options
    I run CLS team and rank top 30 without a refresh and can make top ten with refresh. C3P0 needs g13 and a couple of relic levels I found to have Chewbacca guard on CLS (dependant on mods) Also when facing max relic GAS teams C3P0 will die too quickly without g13. Lastly the extra speed of G13 helps when facing Darth REVAN teams.
  • Options
    This is my current rank and team vs GAS. Vs DRevan I use Thrawn
  • Options
    ti5tlv8ucrfq.png
  • Antario
    996 posts Member
    Options
    Old Ben is more nostalgic for the team in my opinion but I do think ST Han is the better tank.

Old Ben certainly is not in a cls team for his tank quality. He's ability block (to shut down Rex) and his sacrifice are the reasons why a cls team can consistently beat full reliced GAS teams.