Expected, but unbelievable

I’ve read that this game brings in over a half million dollars a day, and CG couldn’t even be troubled to leave the double drops on hard missions for more than 24 hours. Mods are still getting 2x drops. Apparently CG was going so far out of it’s way to offer double drops on hard mission, they just couldn’t afford to have players getting 4 character shards instead of 2. I’m so sick and tired of EA and the way they can take a franchise like StarWars and screw the loyal fan base out of their money. I still can’t get past the train scene in the very beginning of JEDI The Fallen Order. Returned that game twice just to find out the third time that the game is just as bugged as Anthem. I suppose at this point it’s my fault I’m still expecting you guys to put something out that wasn’t based on the idea of, “how can we trick people into spending hundreds and thousands of their money without actually putting any time into making our product worthy of such lofty prices. Customer satisfaction is of zero importance here people! Slap a StarWars label on it, pump up the marketing, and lets rake the money in!”

Replies

• Jack1210
    771 posts Member
    CG is shady and questionable, but they do not generate THAT much per day
  • Lysandrax
    1127 posts Member
    Got passed the train mission on fallen order day one no issues. Respawn made a good game, no idea what you're talking about there
  • TVF
    36527 posts Member
    And now I have no idea what we're talking about.
    I need a new message here. https://discord.gg/AmStGTH
  • Gifafi
    6017 posts Member
    they started at 4pm, when did they end?
    Maybe End Game isn't for you
  • There would be no reason for me to make that up. I’m not here just to see my own words typed out on the screen. I have the game for the xbox one x so I’m sure that plays a role. I have seen where lots of people have no issues with the game; but like I said I’m on my 3rd copy and same exact spot my console shuts down every time.
    Lysandrax wrote: »
    Got passed the train mission on fallen order day one no issues. Respawn made a good game, no idea what you're talking about there

• Gifafi wrote: »

You’re saying you’re still getting double drops on your hard light side and dark side missions? Mine lasted for 24 hours and they were gone that next day. Pretty sure my double drops on fleet missions is gone too. Yet my mods are still dropping double.
  • UdalCuain
    4996 posts Member
    There would be no reason for me to make that up. I’m not here just to see my own words typed out on the screen. I have the game for the xbox one x so I’m sure that plays a role. I have seen where lots of people have no issues with the game; but like I said I’m on my 3rd copy and same exact spot my console shuts down every time.

Sounds like a corrupted download. Got my disk copy and it works fine.

Actually just playing through again the last few days after Respawn's excellent update for the game.
  • TVF wrote: »
    And now I have no idea what we're talking about.

No problem, I’ll catch you up. I’m annoyed with how much money a guy has to pump into this game just to be a little competitive. You’re either forced to spend hundreds to get the new characters that come out right away, or if you acquire them the free route, they’re already obsolete by the time you’ve acquired them. With all of that, and the amount of money this game generates, it ridiculous that CG couldn’t be bothered to leave 2x drops on the hard light/dark side missions for more than a day. Unless you’re saying you’re still getting double drops on hard light/dark side missions and not just on your mod missions. In which case I guess I’m just one of the unlucky players that got a different version of the game than everyone else(and I think we can all agree on how unlikely that is). Since EA is involved here too, and they don’t want to address my issues on the fallen order forums, I figured I would get another jab in here since I was already at it(maybe that’s what you were referring to when you said you have no idea what we’re talking about).
  • Gifafi
    6017 posts Member
    Gifafi wrote: »

You’re saying you’re still getting double drops on your hard light side and dark side missions? Mine lasted for 24 hours and they were gone that next day. Pretty sure my double drops on fleet missions is gone too. Yet my mods are still dropping double.

No, I was asking when they ended for you but it sounds like you got the 24h, which is all anyone got I think. The ddrops were for one day for ls/ds, the mod stuff lasts for I think 3 days (so ends in 9 hours for me), which is what they announced from the beginning. In other words, it's WAI. It lasted as long as they said it would
  • Jack1210 wrote: »
    CG is shady and questionable, but they do not generate THAT much per day

GoH came out at the very end of November 2015(worldwide release was nov. 24, 2015). Article dated dec. 20, 2019 had the game at 924 million worldwide revenue and that data is from sensortower which seems to do their due diligence from what I can tell. They claim to constantly check their estimates with the quarterly reports. So they’re well on their way to surpassing that billion mark this year(if they haven’t already). At 4 years and 1 month the worldwide revenue was ~924 million. Even if you call it 5 years(which obviously 4 years 1 month is not 5 years) that is 1,825 days(365 days x 5 years). 924,000,000/1,825=506,301.37. So $506,301.37 with those numbers, and I basically added an entire years worth of days to that. So it’s even higher than the $500,000 mark I originally stated.
  • Yes. I’m not sure what it is you think I was having a problem with. My complaint is that CG couldn’t throw us a **** bone and leave the 2x Hard light/dark side and fleet mission drops for the same period of time they’re leaving the 2x mod drops. Must’ve really broke the bank to put that up for a whole 24hrs that they either had to remove it after 24hrs or risk bankruptcy.

No, I was asking when they ended for you but it sounds like you got the 24h, which is all anyone got I think. The ddrops were for one day for ls/ds, the mod stuff lasts for I think 3 days (so ends in 9 hours for me), which is what they announced from the beginning. In other words, it's WAI. It lasted as long as they said it would

• I’ve read that this game brings in over a half million dollars a day, and CG couldn’t even be troubled to leave the double drops on hard missions for more than 24 hours. Mods are still getting 2x drops. Apparently CG was going so far out of it’s way to offer double drops on hard mission, they just couldn’t afford to have players getting 4 character shards instead of 2. I’m so sick and tired of EA and the way they can take a franchise like StarWars and screw the loyal fan base out of their money. I still can’t get past the train scene in the very beginning of JEDI The Fallen Order. Returned that game twice just to find out the third time that the game is just as bugged as Anthem. I suppose at this point it’s my fault I’m still expecting you guys to put something out that wasn’t based on the idea of, “how can we trick people into spending hundreds and thousands of their money without actually putting any time into making our product worthy of such lofty prices. Customer satisfaction is of zero importance here people! Slap a StarWars label on it, pump up the marketing, and lets rake the money in!”

You're doing it wrong, this i your only solution.
    5b4naogtheif.jpg
  • That’s what I thought which is why I’ve completely deleted and bought a different disc 2 different times. Do you have any suggestions as to what I might be doing wrong deleting One disc and then downloading the new disc? Since you can’t hear tone of voice this is not a condescending or snarky question. Truly curious if you have any suggestions because I want to play this game so bad.
    UdalCuain wrote: »
    There would be no reason for me to make that up. I’m not here just to see my own words typed out on the screen. I have the game for the xbox one x so I’m sure that plays a role. I have seen where lots of people have no issues with the game; but like I said I’m on my 3rd copy and same exact spot my console shuts down every time.

Sounds like a corrupted download. Got my disk copy and it works fine.

Actually just playing through again the last few days after Respawn's excellent update for the game.

• CamaroAMF
    1279 posts Member
    Do you think they should give a bunch of stuff away just because they have made $1B in revenue since the game came out? Just give it all away, no reason to try to bring in any more revenue? I don’t recall seeing any other businesses do that. Why should CG?
  • Oh boy. You’re one of those people that avoids the original argument, makes up your own completely separate argument, and then debates the issues that you made up in your head? All I asked was why couldn’t they just leave the double drops on the fleet/ls/ds up for as long as they are leaving them up for the mods. And you took that as me requesting that they give all 1 billion of their revenue away? The “take a penny, leave a penny” plate in gas stations is more generous than CG “blessing” me with a few extra character shards. But I’ll tell you what— if you’re under the impression that a handful of extra shards and gear pieces is equivalent to giving away a billion dollars I’ll sell you my entire lineup(about 1,300,000 galactic power) for the outrageously low price of $30,000.00. A person with your logical prowess should recognize this deal as being a once in a life time offer. I’ll be disappointed if you don’t hop on this ASAP. Another flaw in your argument is that them giving me the CHANCE(not even guaranteed I get any extra shards—I hardly got anything extra from the 2x drops than I would without this event going on) doesn’t cost them a thing. If anything it keeps me playing(more money for them). Allowing people the chance to get more shards and gear pieces for an extra 48 hours just means more crystals are going to be spent across the board because people will try to cash in on the promotion. Which means more crystals bought from their in app purchases. Which, again, means more money for them. Please though, continue to bestow your insight on this ignorant fool.
    CamaroAMF wrote: »
    Do you think they should give a bunch of stuff away just because they have made $1B in revenue since the game came out? Just give it all away, no reason to try to bring in any more revenue? I don’t recall seeing any other businesses do that. Why should CG?

• Gifafi
    6017 posts Member
    Yes. I’m not sure what it is you think I was having a problem with. My complaint is that CG couldn’t throw us a **** bone and leave the 2x Hard light/dark side and fleet mission drops for the same period of time they’re leaving the 2x mod drops. Must’ve really broke the bank to put that up for a whole 24hrs that they either had to remove it after 24hrs or risk bankruptcy.

my bad, didn't realize it was just another choosing beggar thread.
  • No, you’re right. Questioning why the 2x drops on the ls/ds/fleet battles(equivalent to no more than 20 extra shards per energy type) couldn’t last as long as the mods double drops was completely out of line. I should be grateful they’re only using the 6 incher instead of the 12 incher while they have me bent over.
    Yes. I’m not sure what it is you think I was having a problem with. My complaint is that CG couldn’t throw us a **** bone and leave the 2x Hard light/dark side and fleet mission drops for the same period of time they’re leaving the 2x mod drops. Must’ve really broke the bank to put that up for a whole 24hrs that they either had to remove it after 24hrs or risk bankruptcy.

my bad, didn't realize it was just another choosing beggar thread.

• TVF
    36527 posts Member
    I love overreactions.
    I need a new message here. https://discord.gg/AmStGTH